• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what up with Latino American Citizens and not speaking english

Margarito, Cotto still need an interpreter

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
    Margarito, Cotto still need an interpreter
    Cotto speaks very fluent English.

Cheato doesnt. And after this beating. Ill be happy for him if he can speak taconese

Comment

Trinidad a US Citizen didn't speak spanish or english. He spoke gandulanese or something couldn't understand that dude at all.

Comment

Sometimes it's just the excitement of the fight that momentarily clouds one's ability to speak English. For example, the reverse can be true as well: one time I saw Mia St John (from California) win a fight but was so excited by the fight that she could not speak Spanish with the reporters. She spoke in English and then the reporter translated it after wards. In fact, I recall now that Angel Manfredy (Indiana) was this way as well. He can speak Spanish while comfortably at home, but in the ring his Spanish was too incoherent for him to address the crowd in his native tongue. I imagine both fighters have now learned to speak more fluently in both languages.

Still there are many advantages to speaking both languages fluently as this helps popularize an athlete and can lead to many remunerative commercial endorsements.

Comment

Working...
        X