Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rivalries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil vs Argentina in Soccer aka Futbol. I was in Florida once and there were literally a BUS full of Argentinian girls and about 5 Brazilian guys shuttling between the hotel and the clubs. My brother being the wise ass starts chanting Brazil clap-clap-clap...BRAZIL clap-clap-clap.

The girls go crazy and they had a ton of chants. The Brazilian guys now retaliate with Brazilian chants and say Maradona and swipe there fingers under their nose like a coke head. My brother joins the girls when they are chanting Argentina.....the guys when they counter with Brazil and even chants Fran-ce' which left a pregnant pause when both sides looked at him like WTF? Either way it was a fun way to start a night and we ended up getting some Argentinian ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
      Brazil vs Argentina in Soccer aka Futbol. I was in Florida once and there were literally a BUS full of Argentinian girls and about 5 Brazilian guys shuttling between the hotel and the clubs. My brother being the wise ass starts chanting Brazil clap-clap-clap...BRAZIL clap-clap-clap.

The girls go crazy and they had a ton of chants. The Brazilian guys now retaliate with Brazilian chants and say Maradona and swipe there fingers under their nose like a coke head. My brother joins the girls when they are chanting Argentina.....the guys when they counter with Brazil and even chants Fran-ce' which left a pregnant pause when both sides looked at him like WTF? Either way it was a fun way to start a night and we ended up getting some Argentinian ass.
      shiet soccer fans are insane, here in chicago when mex plays usa the atmosphere here is all about the game, i got a couple of friends that love futbol and thats all they talk about
      Last edited by RRICAN; 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Steelers vs Ravens, Steelers vs Bengals. En boxeo, PR vs Mex

Comment

Puerto Rico rivalries

Puerto Rico vs Dominican Republic(baseball)- This has been going since before the 80īs(practically the decade Puerto Rico vs Mexico in boxing started). We practically have the same amount of medals and achievement in tournaments like the World Cup, Intercontinental Cup, and Panamerican Games while the Caribbean series keeps the rivalry going with Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic having the most championships in history(dominican have 3 more).

Puerto Rico vs Mexico(boxing)- The fight that started it was definetly Gomez-Sanchez and is probably the most recognized rivalry in boxing. Not going further considering this is a boxing forum.

Santurce vs Arecibo(basketball)- unless Quebradillas and Bayamon are looking to get it on again, this has been the rivalry of the new millenium. In 10 years, Arecibo and Santurce have combined for 7 championships.

Puerto Rico vs USA(volleyball)- This is just barely new, but this might turn into a heated rivalry in the future as Cuba seems to have taken a back seat. Since 2005 Puerto Rico has gotten better by leaps and bounds, jumping in 2 years from 28th place to 8th place in the world rankings, and in 2007 we might have a start to this when in the Norceca Championships celebrated in Anaheim, US. We beat the USA in three sets the first game, then we met again in the finals losing to them in 4 sets. Months later we beat them again in 4 sets at the FIVB World Cup and recently at the 2008 Norceca we lost to them in the final, they went on to become th 2008 Olympic champions.

Puerto Rico vs China(basketball)- this is probably a long way from becoming a rivalry from a fan standpoint, considering we can meet only in Olympics, World Cup, or another event that can bring America and Asia together, but from a player standpoint, its already a rivalry. Weve faced each other 2 times. In 2005, and 2006. And in both games brawls broke out. You can see an example of the 2006 one in my avatar.

Comment

USA vs Spain is already a rivalry.

i wouldn't mind seeing these 2 face each others in tournaments.

Comment

Lets not forget about the soccer war between Honduras and El Salvador, both countries actually got involved with hostile fire.

Comment

Working...
              X