Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

was Long Kiss Goodnight released after 2Pac died?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it matters. Pac showed that Biggie basically ripped off his whole theme. Doesn't really matter what Big said afterwards. He was already exposed as some follower.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      No actually Biggie didn't set up Pac( What would be his motive ) , Supposedly it was either Haitian Jack or Jimmy R or a combination but it wasn't Big.

Like I said that album probably took 2-3 years to create that classic album should he have removed Going back to Cali because Pac died , Pac was the one that stirred up the hornets nests. This was Bigs first real opprotunity to respond with this album. Even if recorded after Pac created enough bad mojo himself to get a little piss splashed on his grave.

It wasn't the same back then with the instant thoughts / responses and the Internet judging a winner right away. Nas took like 4-5 months to respond to Jay imagine if that happend now
      well you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine. i think biggie pulled a tasteless move. i do wonder who killed him though. he died in L.A. which is very suspicious. people don't die in actual L.A., they die in surrounding areas like compton, south central, inglewood, carson etc.
      Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      I don't think it matters. Pac showed that Biggie basically ripped off his whole theme. Doesn't really matter what Big said afterwards. He was already exposed as some follower.
      truth.....

i still remember that scene in 'notorious' where big's homie is bumping hit em up and the look on his face was like the world was going to end.

unless i am mistaken, hit em up was a response towards "who shot ya" right? the song that BIG refused to admit was directed at Pac even though everyone knew it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
        nah, i don't get down with fake ass east coast rappers
        The child who starts threads about whether to rat on their neighbours and needs helps selecting what mini vans his mom should buy only wants to listen to real authentic street ish , Am I missing something here. For the record Big was more real then Pac

Tupac started off as a dancer actor then a digital underground groupie before he got put on then turned into a thug that's as.s backwards he was soft until he rolled with real thugs then got hard that's not the way it's supposed to be
        But he has the it factor so he could convince people

I wish I could wave my finger like Mutombo at this. What did big rip off ??

Not his image , flow , lyrics , maybe I'm missing something

Pac had more soul like dmx you can feel what he's saying but lyrically ,BIG takes a big sh.it all over Pac

He based his persona off a NY drug dealer but forget which one

well you are entitled to your opinion as i am mine. i think biggie pulled a tasteless move. i do wonder who killed him though. he died in L.A. which is very suspicious. people don't die in actual L.A., they die in surrounding areas like compton, south central, inglewood, carson etc.

truth.....

i still remember that scene in 'notorious' where big's homie is bumping hit em up and the look on his face was like the world was going to end.

unless i am mistaken, hit em up was a response towards "who shot ya" right? the song that BIG refused to admit was directed at Pac even though everyone knew it was?
        Yes your entitled to it , but your basing it off movies and distorted opinins and whatever else . cops set up Big through Suge that's why he died in LA

someone claim they banged your wife, taste gets thrown out the window sharpen the knifes because it's going to ugly

You'd let a man constantly disrepect you & your family trying to discredit and ruin your career while you mostly sit back and do your thing not paying it no never mind for years without taking some verbal sh.ots. I try not to disrespect the dead but I think it's different when your enemies so even if it was recorded aftr Pac died which it wasn't it doesn't matter because Pac had it coming

Comment

The child who starts threads about whether to rat on their neighbours and needs helps selecting what mini vans his mom should buy only wants to listen to real authentic street ish , Am I missing something here. For the record Big was more real then Pac

Tupac started off as a dancer actor then a digital underground groupie before he got put on then turned into a thug that's as.s backwards he was soft until he rolled with real thugs then got hard that's not the way it's supposed to be
          But he has the it factor so he could convince people

I wish I could wave my finger like Mutombo at this. What did big rip off ??

Not his image , flow , lyrics , maybe I'm missing something

Pac had more soul like dmx you can feel what he's saying but lyrically ,BIG takes a big sh.it all over Pac

He based his persona off a NY drug dealer but forget which one

Yes your entitled to it , but your basing it off movies and distorted opinins and whatever else . cops set up Big through Suge that's why he died in LA

someone claim they banged your wife, taste gets thrown out the window sharpen the knifes because it's going to ugly

You'd let a man constantly disrepect you & your family trying to discredit and ruin your career while you mostly sit back and do your thing not paying it no never mind for years without taking some verbal sh.ots. I try not to disrespect the dead but I think it's different when your enemies so even if it was recorded aftr Pac died which it wasn't it doesn't matter because Pac had it coming
          disagree there. Pac's lyrics are much more powerful and meaningful than anything big ever spit. Keep your head up, dear mama are songs anyone can relate to and they have substance. I can't think of one big song that has any real substance beyond the bull**** of hip hop lifestyle. Tupac made songs bigger than rap, so his lyrics are better. What are lyrics without any real meaning or purpose?

Regarding what he ripped off, he ripped off the death cult theme tupac had. Ready to die ripped off the style that pac had at that time. He wanted the fans to believe his life was under threat, which it wasn't, just like pac's actually was. Biggie didn't have the drama tupac did but he did his best to give that impression. It was shameless.

Comment

disagree there. Pac's lyrics are much more powerful and meaningful than anything big ever spit. Keep your head up, dear mama are songs anyone can relate to and they have substance. I can't think of one big song that has any real substance beyond the bull**** of hip hop lifestyle. Tupac made songs bigger than rap, so his lyrics are better. What are lyrics without any real meaning or purpose?

Regarding what he ripped off, he ripped off the death cult theme tupac had. Ready to die ripped off the style that pac had at that time. He wanted the fans to believe his life was under threat, which it wasn't, just like pac's actually was. Biggie didn't have the drama tupac did but he did his best to give that impression. It was shameless.
            You deserve a Slow clap Blanco, great f.ucking rebuttal

My phones literally about to die but when it's charged up I'ma respond but sh.it God damn that was a wicked response

Comment

You deserve a Slow clap Blanco, great f.ucking rebuttal

My phones literally about to die but when it's charged up I'ma respond but sh.it God damn that was a wicked response
              it's this Don De Dieu beer I'm sippin on my friend, 9% lol.

Comment

Thug Luv >>>>>> Notorious Thugs

just thought i'd point that out too

Comment

Whatever it was it was a dope response

But I need to give you my Point of view, When I say lyricist I mean word play like I would put Big up there with anyone Andre 3000, Canibus , Big Pun , Rakim, Nas. Bar for bar Big massacres Tupac iMO. But if you say Pac is a better rapper I think that could be debated because his presence was second to none

Tupac isn't on that level and I'm not Completly sh.itting on Pac he was great / BIG was great. In the soundtrack of my life Pac definitly has some songs in it. California Love was on repeat the first time I got with a chick , Hail Mary was steady repeat when I got my drivers license and I'm sure if I think it I could name so many more songs and how they were interwoven in my life.

Tupac isn't that IMO but he has a star qaulity that made people gravitate towards him. I think he was in the studio churning out so many songs that he wasn't as focused on every line being dope but his presence and it factor made his songs sick and classic that's why Insaid it's like DMX because if someone else rapped Tupac or X songs it isn't going to be classics but they made it that way by who they were.

As far as your second paragraph I never thought of it like that and that's a great point . You could be right I just chalk it up to rPoers using that style for albums like Ice cube Death Certificate , Snoops Murder was the Case and probably a bunch more that I can't think of using that. But I could be way off base probably have to think on it.

Just as I'm finishing writing this my IPod randomly starts playing BIG / Junior Mafia " Get Money ". Haven't heard this in forever and BIG straight r.aped his verse a perfect example why he's one of the best

Have a good one man.

Comment

nah, i don't get down with fake ass east coast rappers

Do you listen to anyone from the east coast?

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
                      Do you listen to anyone from the east coast?
                      bone thugz mostly........

Comment

Working...
                      X