Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What you guys think of Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you guys think of Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia?

I am not a big fan of southern rap/style, haven't been into it since Hot Boyz/Big Tymers were together. But Juicy J is a rapper I always like istening to when he is featured in a song. I heard him in Curren$y's mixtape New Jet City from 2014 and he still got an entertaining flow to listen to and enjoyable "hoe/cars" lyrics, which I despise, but if you can pull it off then cool, Juicy J can pull it off

Not a fan of his as a rapper. But I'm certainly one of his fans when it comes to production. He has underrated material down in the south that only southern hip hop fans from the triple six mafia days can probably remember. His production on Project Pat's albums are my personal favorites

Comment

On the lean poppin' Rose with a kush blunt
      With a b*tch, ass fat, see it from the front
      Mind gone, man I'm trippy and my eyes low
      Everything purple, all I see is weed smoke
      Codeined out, but my b*tch gon' try
      If you say I ain't high, then you n*ggas lyin'
      A bunch of Taylor's, Memphis n*ggas gettin' throwed n*gga

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        Not a fan of his as a rapper. But I'm certainly one of his fans when it comes to production. He has underrated material down in the south that only southern hip hop fans from the triple six mafia days can probably remember. His production on Project Pat's albums are my personal favorites
        I always thought DJ Paul produced everything. I thought DJ Paul was to Three 6 Mafia what Mannie Fresh was to Cash Money Records. Intersting, didn't know he produced beats.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I always thought DJ Paul produced everything. I thought DJ Paul was to Three 6 Mafia what Mannie Fresh was to Cash Money Records. Intersting, didn't know he produced beats.
          DJ Paul and Juicy J co-produced most of their work together.

Comment

Great call on the pat albums. I enjoyed juicy's raps on all their old material and right up until the Cutthroat mix tapes he put out. After that you can tell he's dumbed it down and is as generic as the rest of the mainstream rappers.
            DJ Paul and Juicy J co-produced most of their work together.
            It's interesting now that they've split that you can tell who did what back in the day. DJ Paul has a more cinematic sound and lighter snares, while juicy uses a really thumping kick and hard snare. They're the greatest producers, to me, in hip hop history. Their sound was completely originally and inspired generations of producers and the sound of hip hop until this day. Not to mention how vast their catalogue is. They produced all the material off that label for over a decade. I don't think anyone has produced anywhere near that amount in hip hop history.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Great call on the pat albums. I enjoyed juicy's raps on all their old material and right up until the Cutthroat mix tapes he put out. After that you can tell he's dumbed it down and is as generic as the rest of the mainstream rappers.

It's interesting now that they've split that you can tell who did what back in the day. DJ Paul has a more cinematic sound and lighter snares, while juicy uses a really thumping kick and hard snare. They're the greatest producers, to me, in hip hop history. Their sound was completely originally and inspired generations of producers and the sound of hip hop until this day. Not to mention how vast their catalogue is. They produced all the material off that label for over a decade. I don't think anyone has produced anywhere near that amount in hip hop history.

I still bump Ghetty Green and Mistah Don't Play to this day. He for sure dumbed it down a lot. Right before Poppin my collar you could tell it was a little different to his approach.

I don't think they're the greatest producers in hip hop history but I do have an admiration for them. In the south alone, I tend to enjoy Pimp C's production more that DJ Paul and Juicy J. Hell, Organized Noize is ahead of them as well to me. But they are still legends and very overlooked in the production aspect of their music with fans that aren't familiar with them.

Comment

I still bump Ghetty Green and Mistah Don't Play to this day. He for sure dumbed it down a lot. Right before Poppin my collar you could tell it was a little different to his approach.

I don't think they're the greatest producers in hip hop history but I do have an admiration for them. In the south alone, I tend to enjoy Pimp C's production more that DJ Paul and Juicy J. Hell, Organized Noize is ahead of them as well to me. But they are still legends and very overlooked in the production aspect of their music with fans that aren't familiar with them.
                I really like that dark, sinister, sound they created that s why I rate them so high. Organized, pimp, old Minnie fresh, and a slew of others are great, as well. South always had the best most creative producers. They were playing keyboards while guys on the east coast were looping a one bar sample lol.

Comment

Working...
                X