What are you listening to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• I don't like Drake but he got a funny ass line in this song.

"I got bitches askin' me about the code for the wi-fi
        So they can talk about they timeline
        And show me pictures of they friends
        Just to tell me they ain't really friends"

Now you know why Drake is hella fockin popular with this era.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            First-time listen: "Only Built For Cuban Linx", my fourth Wu-Tang album.

On track 5, and I'm not feeling it. I think i'll try this album tomorrow.

Edit: A new day, on track 10. I still don't care for the first two tracks, and "Shark *****s" is a waste of space. I prefer the "Can It Be..." original over the remix.

What is with the Wu-Tang and all the damn talking throughout their albums? I had the same problem with their debut, and I don't remember "Liquid Swords" and "Tical" having all this dialogue.
            Don't give up on this album, Only Built for Cuban Linx is a 5 mic classic, Rza was in the zone that might be his masterpiece , save it for the winter and give it another listen, I bump Wu in the fall / winter it just suits the weather

Shark *****z is the truth. Listen to what their saying it's still relevant today, So few in hip - Hops are really original just jacking other people's songs / style / vocab / style because it hot at the moment it's a bunch of clones.

back to the thread

David Banner / Big KRIT - My Uzi
            David Banner - Evil Knievel
            Meek Mill - Classic / Lord Knows
            Cam'ron/Vado / Uncle Murda - Warning Remix
            Ghost face - 260
            Mos Def- Leavin on a Jet Plane / Kalifornia
            Nas - Stay
            Snoop / Dre / D Angelo - Imagine
            Stanley - Petron Hill Peonies ( Harry fraud Remix )
            Tyga - Hollywood *****z

Comment

• This was shot in my neighborhood

Comment

• Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                Don't give up on this album, Only Built for Cuban Linx is a 5 mic classic, Rza was in the zone that might be his masterpiece , save it for the winter and give it another listen, I bump Wu in the fall / winter it just suits the weather

Shark *****z is the truth. Listen to what their saying it's still relevant today, So few in hip - Hops are really original just jacking other people's songs / style / vocab / style because it hot at the moment it's a bunch of clones.
                I understand "Biters" intention, but it's something I've come to accept from every genre. I've been listening to a lot of 90's east coast stuff, and a lot of it sounds similar. I don't have a problem with that tbh. Music goes through phases, and you're bound to get a lot of singers/rappers/producers sounding similar at any one period. That interlude was unnecessary, and it adds to that feeling of the album being too long. The fact that they were jabbing at Biggie for his album cover didn't win me over either. I finished the album and there's a handful of songs I like, but it's a chore to finish. "Liquid Swords" was my 1st Wu album, then "Return to 36 Chambers", then "Tical", then "Only Built...". "Tical" is the most accessible, while "Liquid" is probably the one I've heard the most from beginning to end. I had to edit "Return to 36 Chambers" down to 51mins in order to enjoy it on multiple listens.

Favorite beats on "Only Built...": Knowledge God, Incarcerated Scarfaces, Rainy Dayz, Guillotine, Ice Water (I keep coming back to this one), Wisdom Body, Ice Cream, Heaven & Hell, North Star.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 07-06-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• One of the best albums ever? Who had better rhymes on the West Coast in 1989?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    One of the best albums ever? Who had better rhymes on the West Coast in 1989?

I prefer this:

Comment

• I like Shabazz Palaces which you may know rapper Ishmael Butler first made a name for himself in the '90's cool jazz hip hop group Digable Planets. But did you know he made this album as Cherrywine in 2003. I can't post a URL yet so you have to copy and paste.
                      youtube.com/watch?v=yKLTjnhDiQM&list=PLDkDWzfdaapqIfY8YV3ww40e6tGAlB7sL
                      Last edited by TheStranger; 07-15-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X