No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite gangsta rapper?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    tupac, nas, erik b and rakim, the wu tang clan, bone thugs n harmony, and ice cube.
    Rakim? lol

Tupac is debatable but I agree personally and Wu Tang I thought where more about make believe mafiosa stories rather than genuinely believing they are gangsters. may be wrong about Ghost though ofc and a few others...Ugod maybe?

Comment

Scarface
      Kool G Rap
      Spice 1

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
        Rakim? lol

Tupac is debatable but I agree personally and Wu Tang I thought where more about make believe mafiosa stories rather than genuinely believing they are gangsters. may be wrong about Ghost though ofc and a few others...Ugod maybe?

i generally consider most rap of that era "gangster rap" unless it's pretty explicitly not gangster rap. often rap from that era involves a street life.

tupac himself wasn't really a gangster. he went to good schools and was a gifted student. he said that he hung out with street people, smoked weed and drank, etc, but never successfully sold drugs or was involved with organized crime.

you're mistaken if you think that the "gangster rappers" were all themselves hardcore gangsters, or that it disqualifies them from being gangster rappers if they weren't. rakim came from a family of musicians, and i can't find anything mentioning him being a gangster, but he rapped about "being a stickup kid... the devious things i did" etc.
        Last edited by New England; 06-28-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Tupac

Big Daddy Kane

KRS-One

B.I.G

Guru (Gang Starr)

Rakim

Comment

Spice 1
            Brotha lynch Hung
            Above the Law
            Dogg Pound
            Tupac

Comment

For me, pretty much Wu-Tang Gang Starr and Mobb Deep are the favortie groups. Big L, Nas, 50 Cent, Biggie and probably soon to be Kendrick Lamar, are my favorite individual gangsta rappers.

Comment

Cam'ron + Diplomats

Comment

I was never a fan of gangster rap. I miss the 90's rappers. Special Ed, das efx, brand Nubian, black moon, mobb deep, Sadat x, smooth the
                  Hustler. Most hip hop now is garbage.
                  Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg happpy View Post
                    I was never a fan of gangster rap. I miss the 90's rappers. Special Ed, das efx, brand Nubian, black moon, mobb deep, Sadat x, smooth the
                    Hustler. Most hip hop now is garbage.
                    more great hip-hop now than ever before, it's just mixed in with every myspace **** and dyslexic ******. classics are classics but if you are willing to dig, so many great artists out there.

the internet has meant that everyone gets to share their music, rather than the cream rising to the top

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
                      Spice 1
                      Brotha lynch Hung
                      Above the Law
                      Dogg Pound
                      Tupac

Yes!

Last edited by UTEP; 01-07-2014, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X