No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite gangsta rapper?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    Celly Cel just has that 1 jam. The rest is a bunch of north cali bull****.

Brotha Lynch hangs out in the burbs, that fool aint no killer. The girl from Loc 2 Da Brain is a white girl. LowKey is a whiteboy with cornrows.

Xraided, Mac Dre, all that up north stuff sounds the same. Sloppy.
    ONly guy worth **** up north is Too $hort but he aint a gangster.

Best Gangster Rap came from SoCal... Kurupt, Daz, DoggPound, Eastsidaz and Dj Quik.

Tupac had some gangster jams, but he wasnt a gangster, he was a thug.

The Chicano gangster rap I cant get behind. Its not creative, the beats are usually the same, they dont play instruments so its just constant loops.

For musically good gangsta rap, you cant beat DJ Quiks old stuff.

If you just want to hear about dudes rapping about killing each other than any of the **** these cats mentioned should do.
    Lol well that's who I was listening to at the moment so that's who got put in the thread and Wth you talking about that whole damn album was good ecspecially the beats lol but yeah they all are some fake azz gangsta's but not as bad as plies

Comment

Comment

Comment

I guess face is a gangsta rapper.

Comment

Comment

Comment

ICE-T Original Ganster

Comment

If I didn't know better, I would honestly think the stuff posted in here was all a massive spoof/parody.

Sadly, I know it's not and it's all gangsta serious.

There is something hilariously funny about grown men acting, dressing and posing so much to try and come across as legit.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Thug rappers>Gangsta rappers.
                    yeah sorry, I must of been high to put Freddie Foxxx as a gangster rapper.
                    No they're not the same.
                    Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    If I didn't know better, I would honestly think the stuff posted in here was all a massive spoof/parody.

Sadly, I know it's not and it's all gangsta serious.

There is something hilariously funny about grown men acting, dressing and posing so much to try and come across as legit.
                    thing is, a lot of the time it isn't some black kid writing bull**** in his mum's basement, it's men writing about real life experiences from growing up in neighbourhoods they were forced to live in just because they are black, stories they heard or just writing their own stories and tapping into the whole mentality.

is it really that much different than any other genre that has lyrics? people who write love songs and claim it is the be all end all get a pass even though love isn't even something you can measure? and what about all the metal bands that are just suburban white kids who have never cut anyone in their life.

I don't know if Mobb Deep members ever killed anyone, but they were creating a very graphic and believalble story of life in the hood when they were 15 and still put out some gems occasionally.

and do I even need to mention the Hip-Hop related murders?

I think you have watched Godfather too many times or something and don't understand what gangster even means.

Comment

tupac, nas, erik b and rakim, the wu tang clan, bone thugs n harmony, and ice cube.

Comment

Working...
                      X