Why Does Jay-Z Have Co-Writers...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Jay-Z Have Co-Writers...

For Empire State Of Mind?

"I come from the same building where he lived, and we knew each other from BK, but we never worked together. Not in a million years did I think I'd make this hit for him," says Hunte, who actually grew up at "560 State Street," the street address Jay-Z mentions on the track. "I still have no words even for the World Series performance. You get your hopes up with artists but then things happen and the record doesn't make it for whatever reason. But Jay loved the song, it made the album and it sounds crazy...[Alicia Keys] made the song sound so close to the original," says Hunte. "She just nailed it and brought it home. It was a great choice...The original is so powerful it's only a matter of time till you hear it down the line."

The next day, Platt sent it to Jay-Z and he "loved it and recorded it that night," Hunte recalls. "We were just so happy he wanted to honor our work and our production. Two female producers/writers and for him as a rapper to take our song -- that's not a combination you see a lot. For him to be so open-minded about it, we just couldn't be any more grateful and thankful."

It does say "Jay-Z ended up writing all new verses inspired from the original lyrics and leaving Hunte on the hook." but this **** is just kinda fishy. At first I thought he was biting off Nas' - New York State Of Mind, but turns out, he was just inspired by someone else.

Wow didn't know that. Is this legit?

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
      Wow didn't know that. Is this legit?
      I got it off billboard.com and I suppose they check their references.

Comment

Working...
      X