• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkilledBoxer View Post
    im asking who would win in a battle

prime for prime
    Big L would win.
    That's his forte.
    His rhyme style was based on going at niggаs.

But like I said before, A battle rap ain't ****.
    Many dudes who are vicious with the battling ain't **** in the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
      I don't think there's anything more irrelevant in hiphop than a battle rap.
      you are speaking my language to the fullest, brother.
      real talk.

Comment

Rakim wasnt much of a battle mc...kind of like Nas. They are great at making songs and lyrically there aint too many touchin them.

When I think of battle mc's, I think of Big L, Big daddy Kane, Cassidy, Jay-z, and Biggie...those guys knew how to battle. I believe 4 out of 5 of the ones I listed were good at making songs too, but none of them have/had the ability to make songs as good as Nas and Rakim. At the same time, Its clear that Nas and Rakim didnt spend much time on the corners battling other rappers.

Just because someone like Big L would easily beat rakim or nas, that doesnt mean hes the better rapper. Much respect to all 3 of them...much respect to everyone i listed in my post, except cassidy.

Comment

Rakim no question. He has countless classic songs and fathered so many style that came after him.

Big L died too soon, but undoubtedly one of the illest lyricists of our time.

Comment

Originally posted by SkilledBoxer View Post
            im asking who would win in a battle

prime for prime

To win a battle you really need humor in some form.
            Who knows, we never really saw that side of Rakim, I would guess Big L.

Comment

Working...
            X