Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

be 100% wit me, which did you enjoy more, rakim or jeezy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks that some of you guys don't know what real hip hop is, that is why hip hop is in a slump, because the new generation don't respect the true pioneers who paved the way. The 90's had so many classic album, 2000's might only have like 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Nas Is A Chump View Post
      rakim is trash. Hes not in my top 50. Neither is tu***g, piggie, shnauzzir, little daddy kane, those dirty broke ass wu-tang f*ggots, and mobb sleep. When do you hear any of that trash on the radio? Never.
      I just started coming into these Hip Hop forums since I mostly check the Boxing side of things here, but..LOL...damn this **** is comedy beyond belief.

You DO realize that Mobb Deep, Wu-Tang, Kane, Rakim get quarterly royalty checks from songs they made 20 years ago that you hear almost all the time and dont even notice? Do you know what Publishing is? Mechanical royalties? You know you get paid anytime your song is played on the radio whether it be a commercial or being in the actual playlist?

Do you even know Rza (founder of Wu Tang) is scoring films for Quinten Terantino? Method Man has been doin movies and just got off one of Hip Hop's biggest tour (Rock the Bells) which him and Redman murked?!

You're ethering yourself terribly LOL...but it's a fun read

Comment

that's true, i usually stay at the boxing forums, but I read this article and it is silly to even give my input on a subject obviously some people are not up to my level on. On that note I'm out on this forum.

Comment

Shock thread.

Comment

hahaha he calls us followers and has wayne as the goat ahhahaha...just look at his name...guys who talk about swag=gay

Comment

Originally posted by SwagMatic View Post
              exactly. these mofos is zombies. theyve been programed to believe things...

open ya ears yall, don't believe the hype!!!!

Originally posted by Nas Is A Chump View Post
              rakim is trash. Hes not in my top 50. Neither is tu***g, piggie, shnauzzir, little daddy kane, those dirty broke ass wu-tang f*ggots, and mobb sleep. When do you hear any of that trash on the radio? Never.
              These two Alts are priceless

Comment

gucci mane murks jeezy

Comment

America is an ADD nation, it's all about what's "hot" now and five minutes later it's on to the next trend. Everyone has their preferences and while we don't have to respect each others opinions, it's really pointless to argue.

I personally think that rappers like Lil' Wayne, Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, and the Young Joc's and Jeezy's will not be talked about 10 years from now because what little originality they have will fade along with the hype created by the industry.

The truth is the industry is no longer about talent but rather about distribution. There is a brand new generation who are really not aware of what Hip-Hop was originally created to do and what it stood for, chances are that if you haven't lived a certain kind of life you won't relate to what rappers like KRS ONE, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and many others flow about.

Now days all rappers talk about is how much material they got, there is no substance, no heart. The industries keep putting out garbage and the kids gather in flocks like sheep ready to give that dollar, but they love it and it makes them happy.

Bottom line it's a new age this is what the younger generation considers good taste and many artists are just trying to support a family, so **** it enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
                    No offense but...
                    Young Jeezy shouldn't be in the same sentence with Rakim.
                    co sign

why is this comparison being made?

Comment

Jeezy is a fine rapper, nothing wrong with him.. But Rakim...

C'mon, that's like Arturo Gatti to Ray Robinson.

Comment

Working...
                      X