No announcement yet.

Who is forever the King of New York???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
    second question who's the next king? I don't see how someone could take Big over Nas. No diss to Big but Nas first two albums are better than Biggie's. But he was very talented.
    Ready to Die > A Nas Greatest Hits Collection

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
      Couldn't disagree more with you. Illmatic by itself is better than Ready to Die or Life After Death. Biggie was a great emcee but Nas is far more creative and versatile. Biggie never really touched on any type of social problems. He mostly rapped about the same stuff. However, he was an exceptional story teller. But overall Nas>Biggie and I'll dispute that with anyone.

Comment

Biggie aint better than Nas. If Nas gets gunned down tomorrow then he'll be considered better than biggie.

Comment

Exactly Neils. To me Ready To Die is the best rap album I've ever heard.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more with you. Illmatic by itself is better than Ready to Die or Life After Death. Biggie was a great emcee but Nas is far more creative and versatile. Biggie never really touched on any type of social problems. He mostly rapped about the same stuff. However, he was an exceptional story teller. But overall Nas>Biggie and I'll dispute that with anyone.
            Ready to Die's "Suicidal Thoughts", "Gimme the Loot", hell even "Friend of Mine" hit social problems, but not in the same manner that Nas's "I Can" or "Life's a *****" did... But if social issues in rapping determines creativity, then Nas is clearly behind a number of folks, including 2Pac, Chuck D, KRS-One, Paris, many others...

I rank Nas highly, but I think he gets a little too much love on this forum. And while Illmatic is a top 3 album of all time to me, I still rank Ready to Die #1...

Comment

Ready to Die's "Suicidal Thoughts", "Gimme the Loot", hell even "Friend of Mine" hit social problems, but not in the same manner that Nas's "I Can" or "Life's a *****" did... But if social issues in rapping determines creativity, then Nas is clearly behind a number of folks, including 2Pac, Chuck D, KRS-One, Paris, many others...

I rank Nas highly, but I think he gets a little too much love on this forum. And while Illmatic is a top 3 album of all time to me, I still rank Ready to Die #1...
              Great post again Neils. I agree with you.

Comment

It's all good but Nas has his flaws in his own right but the thing is Nas is still in the forefront of the public. That's the thing though I know some people always feel like a KRS and a Chuck D are preaching too much. But I think Nas incorporates the knowledge/street **** well. I thought Biggie was real nice on the mic no doubt. I could see you argue someone with a deep catalogue but Big only had two.

Comment

It's all good but Nas has his flaws in his own right but the thing is Nas is still in the forefront of the public. That's the thing though I know some people always feel like a KRS and a Chuck D are preaching too much. But I think Nas incorporates the knowledge/street **** well. I thought Biggie was real nice on the mic no doubt. I could see you argue someone with a deep catalogue but Big only had two.
                  Good post Lefthoook but in those 2 albums he showed us alot. If you're old enough & you lived through the "Biggie movement", you could see how he dominated rap from the jump when he & Nas both put out their first albums. Both were critically acclaimed but Biggie was seen as the King Of NY & Nas had to kind of take the back seat when BIG was alive.

Comment

It doesn't require a deep catalogue to become a cult hero, and that's what Biggie has become, deserved or not...

Comment

Illmatic > any hip hop album ever made.

Comment

Working...
                      X