Collapse
No announcement yet.

best rapper in the late 90s and early 2000s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Em is a nice MC. I might have said I had him in my top 25, but after looking at the list Alpha made, it may be tough. Although I think he is better than some of those guys, Chuck D included. Besides for his political messages, Chuck is imo an average MC.

Comment

TECH N9NE beats everyone on that list except Nas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naz-Fan View Post
        25 MCs better than Eminem? Psssh...****in easy. Off the top of the dome, I can do this in my sleep even:
        Rakim - Yeah he was better
        Method Man- Nope
        Tupac- In my opinion pac is better
        Big Pun- I prefer Em but thats cos I dont like Pun's voice. Never have done.
        Big Daddy Kane - Nope
        AZ- Please...good rapper but not better than Em.
        Ghostface Killah- Nope
        KRS-1- Nope, you're not picking him on skills
        Chuck D - No way
        Jay-Z- I dont think so but it can be argued
        Biggie- Yeah he was better
        Busta Rhymes- Nooooo
        Kool G Rap - Can be argued
        Nas - Yeah
        Common- Nope
        Big L - Yeah
        CL Smooth- No way
        Cormega- Can be argued
        Sean Price- Haven't heard too much of him
        GZA- I dont think so
        Guru - My fave rapper
        Mos Def- I say no though a lot will say yes
        Canibus - Yeah I would say Canibus is better
        Slick Rick - ....the **** are you smoking?
        Black Thought- No. And I wouldnt call him commercial.
        I didn't even notice your "list" and explanations thereof. And its pretty laughable.

My favorites from your list...

25 MCs better than Eminem?
        Method Man- Nope
        Big Daddy Kane - Nope
        AZ- Please...good rapper but not better than Em.
        Ghostface Killah- Nope
        KRS-1- Nope, you're not picking him on skills
        Busta Rhymes- Nooooo
        Slick Rick - ....the **** are you smoking?
        lolz...Eminem is better than Big Daddy Kane, Meth, Slick Rick and AZ. Ya heard that everybody? Did you know that Slick Rick is arguably the FIRST lyrical rapper?

Naz, seriously you're too young to really have a coherent argument about all time rap greats. You're just in over your head, and I aint even talkin **** I'm being real. You can't have started listening to rap in 2000 and expect to be able to argue with someone whos been listening to it for almost 20 years. Because you picked up a 10 year old album and listened to it, you aint gonna appreciate it cuz you are from a whole different era. Your list is just blind because you don't know enough about any of those MCs to make good judgement.

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Although I think he is better than some of those guys, Chuck D included. Besides for his political messages, Chuck is imo an average MC.
        Yea I aint all that big on Chuck D. but his influence and catologue alone far surpasses that of Eminem. On that list, he can be switched out for numerous MCs...LL Cool J for one.
        Last edited by Bucktown Beast; 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Ape View Post
          Naz, seriously you're too young to really have a coherent argument about all time rap greats. You're just in over your head, and I aint even talkin **** I'm being real. You can't have started listening to rap in 2000 and expect to be able to argue with someone whos been listening to it for almost 20 years. Because you picked up a 10 year old album and listened to it, you aint gonna appreciate it cuz you are from a whole different era. Your list is just blind because you don't know enough about any of those MCs to make good judgement.

Yea I aint all that big on Chuck D. but his influence and catologue alone far surpasses that of Eminem. On that list, he can be switched out for numerous MCs...LL Cool J for one.
          What the ****? Are you ignorant or just plain stupid? I grew up on hip hop my older brother used to be a rapper and he had me listening to that **** from as young as I can remember.

And Slick Rick is not as good as Eminem you fool. Yes he was revoloutionary and changed hip hop and what not was the first lyrical rapper you say but that doesnt make him a better rapper than eminem. You are talking about rappers influences and thats why your arguement is complete bull****. Eminem is the better "rapper". Hands down. My favourite rappers are Guru, Immortal, jurrasic 5, not rappers that take their shirts off and shove grills in their mouth so please do not judge what I know about hip hop when you do not even know me. I did not start listening to hip hop in 2000 so once again you show up your ignorance.

I appreciate rap from all era's but maybe you're too stuck in the past to realise that rappers from this era are much more talented then ****ing Slick Rick. The Art of Story telling was a big ****ing album in my opinion but thats later work from him and cannot even be spoken about on the same scale as the MMLP.

And for the record I probably know much more about hip hop than you. I used to research a lot on American underground hip hop (you wont find out about that **** otherwise) and I know about European rap. To even think you can even brush off my arguements like that proves how ridiculous your ignorance is.

You have beef with 1 rapper cos he arguably became the biggest name outside of Hip Hop. If you base Eminem alone on his skills and the different types of songs he create then you cannot say he is a **** rapper.

Comment

What the ****? Are you ignorant or just plain stupid? I grew up on hip hop my older brother used to be a rapper and he had me listening to that **** from as young as I can remember.

And Slick Rick is not as good as Eminem you fool. Yes he was revoloutionary and changed hip hop and what not was the first lyrical rapper you say but that doesnt make him a better rapper than eminem. You are talking about rappers influences and thats why your arguement is complete bull****. Eminem is the better "rapper". Hands down. My favourite rappers are Guru, Immortal, jurrasic 5, not rappers that take their shirts off and shove grills in their mouth so please do not judge what I know about hip hop when you do not even know me. I did not start listening to hip hop in 2000 so once again you show up your ignorance.

I appreciate rap from all era's but maybe you're too stuck in the past to realise that rappers from this era are much more talented then ****ing Slick Rick. The Art of Story telling was a big ****ing album in my opinion but thats later work from him and cannot even be spoken about on the same scale as the MMLP.

And for the record I probably know much more about hip hop than you. I used to research a lot on American underground hip hop (you wont find out about that **** otherwise) and I know about European rap. To even think you can even brush off my arguements like that proves how ridiculous your ignorance is.

You have beef with 1 rapper cos he arguably became the biggest name outside of Hip Hop. If you base Eminem alone on his skills and the different types of songs he create then you cannot say he is a **** rapper.
            Mother****er gimme a break...damn I was wrong all along, because your older brother listened to rap then that MUST mean you are a connoisseur.

You know "much more about hip hop" than me. Yep, I'm sure, you are definitely proving it. You think Eminem is the second coming of Jesus. And guarantee you couldn't spit a single rhyme from 90% of the rappers on that list I made. You just ****in said YOURSELF that you don't listen to rap that much, if at all. If u haven't listened "for a few years", that means you stopped listening before you even hit ****in puberty!! So go argue about some heavy metal or English whips and chains ****. That is a joke as is your whole "knowledge" of rap.

You think Eminem is better than Big Daddy Kane, AZ and Slick Rick. That says it all. You probably have never heard a thing from any of those MCs, you just googled it now to seem like you had half a brain. You are a fool. A dumb little kid from Britain cannot argue with a man from New York about hip hop. Give it up.
            Last edited by Bucktown Beast; 03-08-2007, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Mother****er gimme a break...damn I was wrong all along, because your older brother listened to rap then that MUST mean you are a connoisseur.

You know "much more about hip hop" than me. Yep, I'm sure, you are definitely proving it. You think Eminem is the second coming of Jesus. And guarantee you couldn't spit a single rhyme from 90% of the rappers on that list I made. You just ****in said YOURSELF that you don't listen to rap that much, if at all. So go argue about some heavy metal or English whips and chaisn ****. That is a joke as is your whole "knowledge" of rap.

You think Eminem is better than Big Daddy Kane, AZ and Slick Rick. That says it all. You probably have never heard a thing from any of those MCs, you just googled it now to seem like you had half a brain. You are a fool. A dumb little kid from Britain cannot argue with a man from New York about hip hop. Give it up.

He said his borther used to be a rapper, you still made me laugh my arse off though. And from some of the arguments ive seen you have on here it does seem you know your **** when it comes to Hip Hop

Comment

You know "much more about hip hop" than me. Yep, I'm sure, you are definitely proving it. You think Eminem is the second coming of Jesus. And guarantee you couldn't spit a single rhyme from 90% of the rappers on that list I made. You just ****in said YOURSELF that you don't listen to rap that much, if at all. So go argue about some heavy metal or English whips and chaisn ****. That is a joke as is your whole "knowledge" of rap.

Britain cannot argue anything with a man from New York? ****ing hell the whole reason your crying like a little ***** is because of a rapper who was born in London haha. And my older brother used to rap and he is 9 years older than me meaning he was around in your so called era of greatness, I grew up listening to that ****.

Big daddy kane is not better than Eminem. Instrumental in Hip Hop's growth? Yes. Very good rapper for his time? Yes. That is the kind of bull**** you are basing your theories on.

And how can you say I havent heard anything from those rappers on that list. That proves how ****ing stupid you are. They were 25 commercial mc's you idiot. The only person who I havent heard much from is Sean Price. The rest I have good knowledge on. I didnt own any of AZ's **** but now I do thanks to you. The point is Eminem outraps most of the people on that list.

I'm out now. You made yourself look stupid as hell. Im not an Eminem fan boy, he is not my favourite rapper but even I can tell you half of the **** you have been writing is completely ridiculous and is not based on Eminem's skills but your beef with him, for probably introducing rap to a bunch of 12 year old girls.

Comment

Britain cannot argue anything with a man from New York? .
                  When it comes to hip hop? Plain and simply...NO.

Debating is one thing, u can state opinions all you want, don't matter what country u from. I respect all hip hop fans from anywhere. But when some 17 year old, alternative music listening little kid from Britain tries to act like he knows more hip hop than someone who was beat boxing and breaking as a little kid in 1986 on New York streets is just plain ****in stupid. So you just need to shutup and play your position. The end.

Comment

When it comes to hip hop? Plain and simply...NO.

Debating is one thing, u can state opinions all you want, don't matter what country u from. I respect all hip hop fans from anywhere. But when some 17 year old, alternative music listening little kid from Britain tries to act like he knows more hip hop than someone who was beat boxing and breaking as a little kid in 1986 on New York streets is just plain ****in stupid. So you just need to shutup and play your position. The end.
                    Alternative music listener? Wicked so you know my music taste now aswell. I said I stopped listening to hip hop about a year ago and started listening to UK grime cos I can relate to it more and it has more realism to it. I dont give a **** if your from New York and can spin on your head, that doesnt show that your opinion is greater than mine?

Unless your a breakdancer with a Kangol hat and BDK t shirt. That might explain why you think Slick Rick is a better lyricist than Eminem...

pwahahaha...

Comment

I said I stopped listening to hip hop about a year ago
                      pw
                      Jesus, must I use your own words against you?
                      But to be honest I've stopped listening to rap now. I have done for a few years. I wouldnt say hip hop is dead but the commercial side of it is. Now I'm into a different music style.
                      I'm sure you'll think of some lame comeback or a way to explain that. If you're 17 and haven't been listening to hip hop for a few years, that means you have never really listened to hip hop at all. You are a novice on every level of the scale. Your brother must have not been a very good mentor either. He probably thinks Maestro Fresh Wes is one of the greatest MCs of all time. Maybe that explains your complete lack of history and knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X