No announcement yet.

PItbull vs WOlf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
    That fact that you claim that a pit is faster than a wolf shows your lack of research (that's not meant to be an insult btw just what I am assuming).
    Wolves are built for stamina, possessing features tailored for long-distance travel. Narrow chests and powerful backs and legs contribute to the wolf's proficiency for efficient locomotion. They are capable of covering several miles trotting at about a 10 km/h (6 mph) pace, though they have been known to reach speeds approaching 65 km/h (40 mph) during a chase (wolves only run fast when testing potential prey).[8] While sprinting thus, wolves can cover up to 5 meters (16 ft) per bound. You cannot possibly compare this to a pitbull, please.

Have you ever seen a conditioned game dog in action? Talk about built for stamina. you hit it on the head about gameness being a desired trait that is bred for by breeders. A gamedog can go for hours, all the while taking serious punishment. The size and strenth of the wolf is about all it has going for it in this senario. Its a tuff one to call...but by no means is it a push over for the wolf. I stated earlier that it was 2 out of 3 for the Pit. That was a typo. I meant it the other way around. I am biased cuz I been around Pit Bulls all my life, and have really seen them in action against other dogs, and wild pigs. I even seen it against more than a few Wolf Hybrids that were supposed to be killers. This was sometime ago. I do not support dog fighting of any kind anymore. The pits I own now woudnt stand a chance in the [] now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Ruckus View Post
      Have you ever seen a conditioned game dog in action? Talk about built for stamina. you hit it on the head about gameness being a desired trait that is bred for by breeders. A gamedog can go for hours, all the while taking serious punishment. The size and strenth of the wolf is about all it has going for it in this senario. Its a tuff one to call...but by no means is it a push over for the wolf. I stated earlier that it was 2 out of 3 for the Pit. That was a typo. I meant it the other way around. I am biased cuz I been around Pit Bulls all my life, and have really seen them in action against other dogs, and wild pigs. I even seen it against more than a few Wolf Hybrids that were supposed to be killers. This was sometime ago. I do not support dog fighting of any kind anymore. The pits I own now woudnt stand a chance in the [] now.
      So how does one train a pit to increase stamina? I really don't know but as far as I'm concerned nothing a human could do to increase stamina on a dog is incomparable to taking down elk, moose, dear, caribou, and the american bison, which weighs approx 2000 pounds and is the largest terrestrial mammal in North America. Obviously a pack is needed to take down a bison but the amount of strength and stamina that is needed by each wolf cannot be compared to any human training. I have nothing against pitbulls in fact I like pits but they are trained to fight other dogs and dogs alone. It doesn't matter what dog it is, if it's 99% mixed with wolf, it will never be the same as fighting a "pure" wolf. I just look at the facts and make my decision and IMHO, a pitbull just cannot handle an animal like a wolf. I can understand though and agree that a wolf could absolutly die from wounds sustained from a pit but again as snoop said, this "fight" would most likely never happen so you can't really make a ligical conclusion. Too many variables in this scenerio.
      Last edited by USA4LIFE; 10-03-2006, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hemichromis View Post
        this is tough a wolf is bigger but a pitbull has the strongest jaws and its more tenacious, a wolf would run as soon as it realised it was out matched but a pitbull fights till it cant anymore i'm gonna say pitbull
        Um....Wolves have bigger and stronger jaws then pitbulls. Dogs have a typical PSI bite of 450, lets say that the pitbull is super strong and has a 600 PSI bite.

Wolves have a 1,500 PSI bite. Thats almost 3 times the power of a Pit. Please, do some research before you come here and just blow smoke on something you know nothing about.

Everyone on this damn forum makes pitbulls seem more than they are: a domestic dog. Wolves are wild animals, there is no way in hell that a wolf would lose to an 80lb short Pitbull. You people revere the pitbull as the be all end all of animals. Next time somebody will say that a Pitbull would beat a Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by slavik18 View Post
          Um....Wolves have bigger and stronger jaws then pitbulls. Dogs have a typical PSI bite of 450, lets say that the pitbull is super strong and has a 600 PSI bite.

Wolves have a 1,500 PSI bite. Thats almost 3 times the power of a Pit. Please, do some research before you come here and just blow smoke on something you know nothing about.

Everyone on this damn forum makes pitbulls seem more than they are: a domestic dog. Wolves are wild animals, there is no way in hell that a wolf would lose to an 80lb short Pitbull. You people revere the pitbull as the be all end all of animals. Next time somebody will say that a Pitbull would beat a Tiger.
          LMAO, you know, in these forums that just might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
            LMAO, you know, in these forums that just might happen.
            Sadly its true.

Comment

I think its safe to say like USA stated that no human could teach a pittbull what Wolves are forced to learn in a lifetime i.e fighting and struggling for their food instead of being fed out a can from the dogs owner

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy The Gent View Post
                I think its safe to say like USA stated that no human could teach a pittbull what Wolves are forced to learn in a lifetime i.e fighting and struggling for their food instead of being fed out a can from the dogs owner
                I feed my dog raw meat and bones. Dogs that eat that human prepared Dog food don't live long and have all kinds of problems. As those that are nuetered.

Comment

So now that the myth about Pitts have been covered, let's cover the ancient European myths about wolves.

FACT:

Wolves have never hunted humans.

Unless the man is already dead, they will never hunt down a human. Wolves are rather suspicious of humans yet seem to have this curiousity about humans (if you ever encounter a wild wolf, they will stare right into your soul). In old Europe, people were afraid of the wolf's howl at night...that would creep out any superstitious person. Soon, the lore of Werewolves evolved from this fear. It's possible that one wolf suffering from rabies had attacked a few people and the fear spiraled out of that.

There is a theory that wolves and humans had a symbiotic relationship in the evolution of both species.

However:

There is one isolated instance in India where a pack of wolves had been hunting down children and killing them. Discovery Channel had a 2 hour special on this. Before this, there has never been a case about wolves attacking people in India. After several weeks of investigating, the authorities found out that a couple of farmers had killed a litter of wolf pups. They theorized that the wolves in that area took vengeance against the people by attacking and killing their children at night. It was seriously creepy. They would actually go into the homes and carry their toddlers away and kill them.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post
                    So now that the myth about Pitts have been covered, let's cover the ancient European myths about wolves.

FACT:

Unless the man is already dead, they will never hunt down a human. Wolves are rather suspicious of humans yet seem to have this curiousity about humans (if you ever encounter a wild wolf, they will stare right into your soul). In old Europe, people were afraid of the wolf's howl at night...that would creep out any superstitious person. Soon, the lore of Werewolves evolved from this fear. It's possible that one wolf suffering from rabies had attacked a few people and the fear spiraled out of that.

There is a theory that wolves and humans had a symbiotic relationship in the evolution of both species.

However:

There is one isolated instance in India where a pack of wolves had been hunting down children and killing them. Discovery Channel had a 2 hour special on this. Before this, there has never been a case about wolves attacking people in India. After several weeks of investigating, the authorities found out that a couple of farmers had killed a litter of wolf pups. They theorized that the wolves in that area took vengeance against the people by attacking and killing their children at night. It was seriously creepy. They would actually go into the homes and carry their toddlers away and kill them.
                    Makes you think that maybe our old "superstitious" forefathers might not have been as foolish as we "modern people" think they were....doesn't it?

Mitakuye Oyasin.....(Lakota) "We are All Related", not just humans....ALL...wolf people, tree people, etc.

Before blowing this off....stop....and consider the implications.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post

FACT:

However:

Fact: 1 or 2 (may have been a couple not sure), who worked with wolves in the Arctic were killed by wolves...the wolves may have not been "hunting" them, but on this day they must have been starving so they ate their "friends"

I did see a program on how dogs were created: wolves started to live near humans because they would eat the left-overs (food) from humans, and the humans didn't mind, kind of like having a garbage disposer...as the years went on, the human and wolf became closer, partners as it were...as the wolf became closer to humans, not having to hunt anymore for their food, they became dumber, they became dogs.
                      Last edited by Abe Attell; 10-04-2006, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X