No announcement yet.

PItbull vs WOlf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Can't say I'm calling BS because I don't know what I don't know, but I've never seen Malinois before and I've been around sas a few times overseas. We used German Shepherds but we wouldn't let them loose if we didn't make contact, a dog rushing guys through a window? That sounds like some big sound signatures going off, and silence and the element of surprise are pretty important. The veteran in me has me questioning the tactical soundness of this approach lol. But again, maybe it's successful, I just haven't seen it before as a former member of the special ops community, and I've seen my fair share.
    I have worked with a number of dog handlers. Most use German Shepherd's, one had 2 Rottie's and a few have Mallionois.

Mallie's have much more drive and are very fast and agile. Their bloodline is more working hence why they are being used by police forces and the army.
    Maybe German Sheperd's had more of a working bloodline in the past, but it's definitely not today overall.

Of course they all need to meet strict guidelines to work for the police or military.

Comment

• Originally posted by blockhead View Post
      the pitbull is designed to have the wolfs best qualities and non of its weaknesses, so pitbull wins easy.
      Lol.... Are you saying its early KO?

Comment

• Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
        I have worked with a number of dog handlers. Most use German Shepherd's, one had 2 Rottie's and a few have Mallionois.

Mallie's have much more drive and are very fast and agile. Their bloodline is more working hence why they are being used by police forces and the army.
        Maybe German Sheperd's had more of a working bloodline in the past, but it's definitely not today overall.

Of course they all need to meet strict guidelines to work for the police or military.
        Interesting stuff.

I'm not surprised there is more variation these days, I think Shepherds were favored because of their high intelligence but there are a few great breeds out there that are probably better suited for some tasks for sure. Rotts are a great callout.

Was reading on the history of war dogs and the ancient Molussus breeds the other day.

Comment

Working...
        X