No announcement yet.

PItbull vs WOlf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    Through breeding Pit Bulls and all other dogs have a big disadvantage to wolves...wolves have far superior muscle efficiency and bone density...Although Pit Bulls have over developed jaw muscles they cannot bite nearly as hard as a wolf...pit bull muscle may highly favor slow twitch muscle which is why they are accustomed to bite and hold on (which is the case for all "bull" types which were literally bred to catch rats and then bite and hold bulls). Wolves also have some of the most impressive lung efficiency and endurance among mammals. Finally, wolves live over huge territories and articulate very impressive hunting strategies. When dogs were bred, they were NOT conditioned or selected based on their brain power. Thus, early on in their domestication, thousands of years ago, without selection for brain power, their brain's cerebral mass was severely diminished...even the smartest and most well trained dogs have an ultimately smaller brain and are dumber than any wolf.

Wolf wins.
    Great post. KO'd that guy.

Comment

• A more valid comparison is a wolf vs any LGD dog. Those clashes actually happen in the wild.

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T.
        That's exactly what would happen in any pit bull vs wolf fight.
        That pitbull got owned.
        Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        Lol, but but but they where bred to fight......

As opposed to being natural born killers from day one, honing their killing skills and strengths just to have the best chance at surviving, and of course, the strongest survivors passing their genes on down. El oh el.

Originally posted by E.P.T.
        @ people saying "well pit bulls were bred to fight and the wolf was bred to hunt" GTFOH, an alpha male wolf fights more often than any pit bull does. Not to mention it has more than twice the biting force of any dog.
        Don't come to these cats with facts.
        Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
        A pit bull usually wins in a fight vs other breeds because it has the endurance to last 1 to 3 hours. A wolf has excellent endurance as well as agility and bite force. Most fighting pits that last 2 hours aren't 70lbs but 50lb.
        Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post

it might be not a h2h monster pitt. unfortunately they shot the wolf in order to save that pitt
          Damn, a single bite owned that Pitt

Pitt Bulls might win a small minority of the fights, but a Wolf's biting power gives it such a distinct advantage, which is clearly apparent in this video.
          Last edited by deliveryman; 07-07-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Ok so some of the Pitbull fans refuse to believe a Wolf would win. How about a Hyena? Far more powerful jaws and durability with similar stamina.

warning: gory pic of what a Hyena does with that bite
                http://www.hyaenidae.org/uploads/ima...nts-c(ALE).JPG

A Wolf would already rip a Pitbulls flesh apart, imagine what a Hyena would do.

Comment

• I have a pitbull x ridgeback and raised it from when it was a baby. It's an incredible loyal dog, I stick my hand in it's mouth and the thought of biting would never go across it's mind. I've seen it jump fences over 9 feet and hold it's weight with it's jaw effortlessly. I would back it against any dog, but not a wolf. For one a wolf is much bigger, it's teeth are much sharper and most importantly is born to hunt. My pit wouldn't have a chance against something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                    I have a pitbull x ridgeback and raised it from when it was a baby. It's an incredible loyal dog, I stick my hand in it's mouth and the thought of biting would never go across it's mind. I've seen it jump fences over 9 feet and hold it's weight with it's jaw effortlessly. I would back it against any dog, but not a wolf. For one a wolf is much bigger, it's teeth are much sharper and most importantly is born to hunt. My pit wouldn't have a chance against something like that.
                    Pitts are really smart. I've got female pitt in my appartment. She is all game. Love to swim for hours, dig for mice in fields, chase ducks etc. But no way in the world it will bite me or other animal. it all depends on a master, how your train and raise your dog.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X