Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find the review.

Here is my favourite Dion song;

Comment

• Celion Dion gave Elliott Smith moral support at the Oscars BITD (and inadvertently taught him a lesson about preconceptions at the same time); just for that, I'll always dig her. LOLOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
        Celion Dion gave Elliott Smith moral support at the Oscars BITD (and inadvertently taught him a lesson about preconceptions at the same time); just for that, I'll always dig her. LOLOL.
        I'm not aware of this. What happened between them?

Comment

• MACAQUE, do you dig any Bryan Adams?

One of my early favourite artists; saw him live in Sydney years back. I must've been in year 8 or 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQC91K-IohQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
            I'm not aware of this. What happened between them?
            He'd never performed at an event that size with that kind of publicity, and he wasn't the performer with thee biggest belief in himself to begin with. He must've been backstage stressing and Celine picked up on it and approached him,

"She was really sweet, which has made it impossible for me to dislike Celine Dion anymore. Even though I can't stand the music that she makes -- with all due respect I don't like it much at all -- but she herself was very, very nice. She asked me if I was nervous and I said, 'Yeah.' And she was like, 'That's good because you get your adrenaline going, and it'll make your song better. It's a beautiful song.' Then she gave me a big hug. It was too much. It was too human to be dismissed simply because I find her music trite."

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
              He'd never performed at an event that size with that kind of publicity, and he wasn't the performer with thee biggest belief in himself to begin with. He must've been backstage stressing and Celine picked up on it and approached him,

"She was really sweet, which has made it impossible for me to dislike Celine Dion anymore. Even though I can't stand the music that she makes -- with all due respect I don't like it much at all -- but she herself was very, very nice. She asked me if I was nervous and I said, 'Yeah.' And she was like, 'That's good because you get your adrenaline going, and it'll make your song better. It's a beautiful song.' Then she gave me a big hug. It was too much. It was too human to be dismissed simply because I find her music trite."
              Nice story, mate. Dion does come across as someone who would be genuine in person.

Comment

MACAQUE, do you dig any Bryan Adams?

One of my early favourite artists; saw him live in Sydney years back. I must've been in year 8 or 9.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQC91K-IohQ
                Only know the singles, man; 'Summer Of '69' and a few others, fun tunes.

And I remember 'that Robin Hood song' being #1 for an age when I was a kid, (though, I realize that one doesn't really represent his oeuvre overall)

Comment

Nice story, mate. Dion does come across as someone who would be genuine in person.
                  Elliott made beautiful music, but he was one of those hardcore indie-mentality guys in a lot of ways (even though he was in love with the biggest band of them all), the kind of guy who would've broken out in a rash at the mere mention of Dion's name.

I think she unwittingly gave him a little life-lesson, if it's possible to humble a guy like Elliott; nice that he openly appreciated her warmth, even if it didn't open his mind to giving her music a fair listen.

Eliiott was a really nice person himself, though, and it still saddens me incredibly to think of how he went out. So I'm not dissing.

Comment

• Comment

• Nice, didn't know he covered this song;

Comment

Working...
                      X