Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, Dylan's manager who was about to get into fisticuffs with the people in the hotel. What a hard man, ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
      Ahhh, so it's blocked in Oz and England. Can anyone from America tell me if it works?

There are a few Donovan songs on youtube - but I couldn't find that song, which I really like. I think Dylan was being genuine also. Donovan must have been 19-20 years old at the time, and he surely had a hard-on for Dylan.

Dylan came across as a pseudo-philosopher, quite not knowing what he was talking about half the time and his theories on philosophy in general are somewhat flimsy and baseless. The film was a brilliant watch, though. Dylan's banter with that science student was hilarious, and he reminded me of one of my mates, who acts almost identically, in his constant 'poking' of questions, always inquisitive - it was uncanny.

- There was that one old British tramp who offered Dylan a place to stay in her mansion. That scene was rather funny.

- And that scene before Donovan sang, where he wanted to know who threw the glass.

This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.
      It does not work here in America..

Comment

• Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
        This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.
        It does not work here in America..

Bastards, man. It probably works in some remote field in Rhodesia or something.

Comment

Dylan came across as a pseudo-philosopher, quite not knowing what he was talking about half the time and his theories on philosophy in general are somewhat flimsy and baseless. The film was a brilliant watch, though. Dylan's banter with that science student was hilarious, and he reminded me of one of my mates, who acts almost identically, in his constant 'poking' of questions, always inquisitive - it was uncanny.
          Yeah, it's one of those things, Dylan's appearance and manner in that film are held up as some kind of avatar to coolness and enlightenment by a lot of impressionable people, and all that you mention there is why I suggested No Direction Home first, where the vintage footage gives you a Dylan whose sincerity is his insincerity, his plight moves you more. I think he leaves a somewhat jerk-ish impression in Don't Look Back, which demeanour is better understood when you see other stuff.

The student and glass scenes gives me joooooooooookes,

Comment

• Currently;

Boom Boom Carter on drums, fucking amazing drummer. go compare this to a 2009 version with Weinberg for a laugh.

I like this Bruce, before he became "Bruce" with Born to Run, a great soul/stax rhythm guitarist, up there with Steve Cropper, his vocal delivery is so on the beat , the band sound like King Curtis and the King pins doing Santana,,

funky as fuck

docgonzales 2 months ago 2

Comment

• If you play 15 straight seconds of any random thing it might bypass that stupid ****ing copyright thing from what I remember a while ago. Not sure if it still works though.

Comment

• I've gotten around the youtube copyright ****ery by putting my junk on Vimeo lately.

Comment

Currently;

Boom Boom Carter on drums, fucking amazing drummer. go compare this to a 2009 version with Weinberg for a laugh.

I like this Bruce, before he became "Bruce" with Born to Run, a great soul/stax rhythm guitarist, up there with Steve Cropper, his vocal delivery is so on the beat , the band sound like King Curtis and the King pins doing Santana,,

funky as fuck

docgonzales 2 months ago 2
                  Man, listen to the last two-minutes of this live cut and listen to a free wheelin' Rock band - you'd think Bruce was a Rhythm and Blues artist man. The E Street Band was so versatile.

1974 version of the E Street Band.

Bruce Springsteen - lead vocals, guitar, harmonica
                  Ernest Carter - drums
                  Clarence Clemons - tenor, baritone and soprano saxophones, backing vocals, percussion
                  Danny Federici - organ, accordion, glockenspiel, backing vocals
                  David Sancious - piano, organ
                  Garry Tallent - bass, tuba

I really wish Boom Carter would've stayed with the band - that boy can drum man. Funky as hell. David Sancious was amazing too, but Roy Bittan was a solid replacement.

Comment

• Diggin' Buddy doing 'Love Is Strange' all over again, the version with the overdubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                      Diggin' Buddy doing 'Love Is Strange' all over again, the version with the overdubs.
                      Which volume?

Volume 9 is a gem mate - collection of interviews. I see that Vol.3 has Holly's appearance on the Ed show.

This compilation is really comprehensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X