Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    Yup one of the 3 kings! I ****ing love the Blues. That was like the only thing I was allowed to listen to growing up.

Why, were other forms of music forbidden in your house or something?

If you're into blues, you must love the Stones mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      Different song, but...you dig Chet's, too?

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
      Haha, wtf?

Piratebay torrent is legit.

Going to watch this mofo now.

Chea
      Enjoy, bravvvvv.

Currently spinning,

Comment

• Kinda sorta. I used to spend a lot of time with my Grandma as a kid. She was always nice to me, and the other grandkids, but otherwise a strict lady.

She used to invite family members and friends and whatnot that came straight from Mississippi. They'd drink, smoke cigarettes, play cards and whatnot while blaring the Blues loud as hell and it would be like ****ing 3 or 4 in the damn morning and they would still be at it.

All the other kids used to hate it and they wanted to play their hip-hop, but my grandma called it trash music that took no skill and promoted bad thing's that she didn't want the kids getting into. I never really minded the music. I always wondered though why they would listen to play loud ass Teddy Pendergrass and Marvin Gaye when every song is baby making music, but I didn't think it would be wise to say anything about that.

Comment

• Interesting story - your grandmother was correct in one sense that Hip-Hop music is a glorification of a nihilistic and decadent lifestyle, but there are similar elements found in early R&B records, as well.

I guess she just had sentimental feeling towards those blues artists who she heard frequently growin' up and was apart of her community's identity and culture.

What were some of the blues artists she liked most?

Post some of your favourite blues tunes.

Comment

• One of my favourites - Springsteen usually covered this song in concert and segued it into She's The One.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
              Post some of your favourite blues tunes.
              That read like a threat.

I'd better placate your sick, lustful, fuck-shit desires with this 'til Biolink gets back,

Comment

• The Rolling Stones Cover;

Buddy Holly Cover;

Bruce Springsteen Cover;

Springsteen version is my favourite - his finest cover was probably was probably the Houston '78 version of which the bootleg house-cut just got released.

Comment

• Yes I did find that I guess you could say pretty hypocritical in some ways. Even some of those tracks from Motown I listened to I thought were pretty suggestive lol, even if they did seem more danceable to or whatever.

In terms of artistic merit I mean I'd definitely give the one up to these guys because they didn't have major recording studios backing none of their stuff. Imagine actually having to sing some of this stuff live without million dollar studios and producers making you sound better. I do recall that actually being a sticking point for my grandma because there does seem to be a lack of true performers nowadays, though I guess that could be subjective.

She pretty much listened to BB, Muddy Waters, Buddy Guy, Bessie Smith, Billie Holliday from what I can remember. Delta-Blues, and Chicago-Blues pretty much. My taste isn't too much varied. I like Robert Johnson a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                    That read like a threat.

I'd better placate your sick, lustful, fuck-shit desires with this 'til Biolink gets back,

No threat intended, just inquisitive is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post

No threat intended, just inquisitive is all.
                      Joshing, braaaaaaaaav.

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      Quoted for ATGness.

Comment

Working...
                      X