Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stones! View Post
    Hi. I just want to thank you for posting this and a few others I've found. Candy was my Aunt, and did recently pass. She is missed by many. My mother is Stephanie. I finally got a copy of the album via CD format from one of my cousins, with the album cover on it. They made it to the top 20. I firmly believe they had talent, and are still talented. They would have gone very far, had they stuck it out! I belive keeping the "gig" together was difficult (way before my time). Regardless, Thank you.

gitammy 2 months ago

Referring to that?
    And to you my friend...YES it thrilled me to death to see the song here on YouTube! I thank you so very much! Candy

AlmostNAngel4u 2 years ago AlmostNAngel4u 2 years ago
    ^^ I was reading that (older) comment and posted before I read on and saw the comment you just quoted; was just about to bump my own post and note it. Sweet that she was on there.

Christine is that kind of trashy, fun movie that packs a gut-punch at the same time, man, some good John Carpenter. 'Not Fade Away' is in it, that's what made me ask I think. That and the anti-hero, Arnie, has just a mere hint of that Holly-ish nerd cool about him.

Comment

• Comment

• Holly is probably the coolest looking bespectacled musician I've ever seen. You'd think wearing glasses would make the artist look less legendary, but the inverse seems to be true in this case.

Is it just me, or does Holly remind you of a teenage John Lennon - appearance wise, that is?

Comment

BTW, MACAQUE, LMAO at Bobby's 1983 studio album. I'll give it a zero star rating for pure faggotry.
          LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this is why I laugh at the weirdos who pore over and try to extract life-lessons from Bobby's every word and hail him as some kind of prophet or leader.

Dylan himself would baulk at those who put him up there.

He's just a charismatic guy who has a way with music and words (who makes the odd righteous statement here and there) is all. Or a "song and dance man", as he'd put it.

Did you ever see Stand By Me? You dig the 'Everyday' scene in that?

Comment

• MACAQUE, I trust you've heard Dylan's The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert .

One of the finest live albums I've heard - probably the best live version of Desolation Row I've heard as well. Such control in his performance.

Comment

• I think I remember him making a statement in the Scorsese film to the effect of "40 years from now people will be writing books about what these lyrics mean and I don't even know what the fuck they mean" - I'm paraphrasing here, but the message is essentially the same.

Haven't seen Stand By Me, but noticed Joaquin Phoenix's late brother stars in it. Might check it out later.

Comment

Holly is probably the coolest looking bespectacled musician I've ever seen. You'd think wearing glasses would make the artist look less legendary, but the inverse seems to be true in this case.

Is it just me, or does Holly remind you of a teenage John Lennon - appearance wise, that is?
                I hear that. Even something in the manner. I mean non-verbal manner.

"AT AGE SIXTEEN THROUGHOUT MOST OF 1957, JOHN LENNON WORSHIPPED HOLLY as only a teenager could."

You might enjoy this, if you haven't already come across it,

http://www.furious.com/perfect/buddyholly.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MACAQUEINBLACK View Post
                  I hear that. Even something in the manner. I mean non-verbal manner.

"AT AGE SIXTEEN THROUGHOUT MOST OF 1957, JOHN LENNON WORSHIPPED HOLLY as only a teenager could."

You might enjoy this, if you haven't already come across it,

http://www.furious.com/perfect/buddyholly.html
                  Sweeeet, haven't seen it before, going to give it a read.

Comment

• Currently;

Bruce Springsteen - Downbound Train

Comment

MACAQUE, I trust you've heard Dylan's The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4: The "Royal Albert Hall" Concert .

One of the finest live albums I've heard - probably the best live version of Desolation Row I've heard as well. Such control in his performance.
                      Braaav, I would've recommended it to you a few days back when the Bobby convo came up in the RNR HOF thread, except you mentioned you were occupied working your way through the studio LP's in chrono so I thought I'd better let you get through that first,

Awesome show, huh?

Here's an odd one; Joaquin's bro singing Rodney Crowell's 'Until Now' in The Thing Called Love and ever so slightly (likely unconsciously) channelling the spirit of GP. Crowell was Emmylou's first singing partner after Gram passed. Lovely song and performance (there's a slightly superior take I have in my archives, couldn't find on youtube).

Comment

Working...
                      X