Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Song Are You Currently Listening To?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    Oooh I didn't know about this festival! Looks good will definitely consider for next year along with WOMAD and green man if they ago ahead.

First thing I thought of when you said laughter gig was this scene in the office

Ha ha now that's what I'd describe as a tough crowd.. But that's basically it, kinda what we do, cept the festival crowd's a lot easier going and willing to engage as you might expect. We mainly just have a lotta fun, bouncing around doing stupid stuff. Throw in some warm up exrecises and introductions and a mediatation at the end.

I've never done a corporate gig and have zero desire to. I'm told it can work OK - and in fact I know some people in the laughter community make decent money doing it, but it kinda misses the point for me and besides I don't think it's cool to try to drag in folk who actually don't want to do it, which often happens at this kinda stuff... mangement organises **** and basically staff are expected to go along. wrong way to go about it my book.

Yeah Lunar's a good 'un, I'd definitely recommend it. Green Gathering is one of our main ones, but that's much more about the hippie activism, workshops and self improvement and **** than the music, do Timber festival too, that's a new one and still finding it's vibe but looking promising... Had an invite to Sunrise Celebration for this year but obviously ain't happening, coupla other smaller ones too, applied for Moovin festival too cos that's pretty much on my doorstep, but obviously never heard back after COVID hit.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-05-2020, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      Effing classic....

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        Ha ha now that's what I'd describe as a tough crowd.. But that's basically it, kinda what we do, cept the festival crowd's a lot easier going and willing to engage as you might expect. We mainly just have a lotta fun, bouncing around doing stupid stuff. Throw in some warm up exrecises and introductions and a mediatation at the end.

I've never done a corporate gig and have zero desire to. I'm told it can work OK - and in fact I know some people in the laughter community make decent money doing it, but it kinda misses the point for me and besides I don't think it's cool to try to drag in folk who actually don't want to do it, which often happens at this kinda stuff... mangement organises **** and basically staff are expected to go along. wrong way to go about it my book.

Yeah Lunar's a good 'un, I'd definitely recommend it. Green Gathering is one of our main ones, but that's much more about the hippie activism, workshops and self improvement and **** than the music, do Timber festival too, that's a new one and still finding it's vibe but looking promising... Had an invite to Sunrise Celebration for this year but obviously ain't happening, coupla other smaller ones too, applied for Moovin festival too cos that's pretty much on my doorstep, but obviously never heard back after COVID hit.
        That always gets me

I wonder if the US guys get the humour?

Comment

• On to a band I got into in the mid 90's, when I was 11 years old...... kinda kicked off my love for metal music........ or Nu-metal (metal mixed with electronic or rap etc) I loved their samples and it was a style never done before.

Kinda had the hots for their bassist as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
            That always gets me

I wonder if the US guys get the humour?
            I think the Yanks struggle a bit with British humour in general, man, we tend to find humour in life's misfortunes and random cruelties which they don't seem to get so well. Not all of em of course, but in popular culture US humour seems to have a much more lighthearted feel.

Ha And I gather Ricky's Golden Globes performance went down pretty much like a lead balloon in many circles, dude deserved a medal for that one, slagged off pretty much the entire industry one way or another...
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-05-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
              I think the Yanks struggle a bit with British humour in general, man, we tend to find humour in life's misfortunes and random cruelties which they don't seem to get so well. Not all of em of course, but in popular culture US humour seems to have a much more lighthearted feel.

Ha And I gather Ricky's Golden Globes performance went down pretty much like a lead balloon in many circles, dude deserved a medal for that one, slagged off pretty much the entire industry one way or another...
              For sure, I am not painting all US people with the same brush as many of them love the British comedy..... but in general I think we have a big difference.

The Office is the prime example..... the original (and best IMO) bombed in the US..... the US version is very good but it doesn't do anything new, whereas the UK one did.

I often put on the highlights from Ricky's Golden Globes...... these people, the Hollywood elite, are not used to being lampooned, and it showed!

You can see the people there squirming..... it was a thing of beauty, like someone holding up a mirror to your own hypocrisy, and calling you out.

People are not used to being called-out, especially not the rich and elite of the TV and film industry.

Comment

• Just....... beautiful.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X