Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Live Alone, With A Wife/GF, Kids, Or A Roomate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
    Alone and about to go mobile with an RV when these covid restrictions go away. Gonna have an Anthony Bourdain like year of touring different restaurants and bars that hopefully doesn’t result in my suicide
    doesn't sound bad to be honest.

Comment

Solo

Had roommates (M and F) and the shlt sucks. You think ''cool, we split the rent and party all the time''

MFers come up short, are absolute pigs and eat your food.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post
        Solo

Had roommates (M and F) and the shlt sucks. You think ''cool, we split the rent and party all the time''

Agree with this.

Living with friends is the worst, it’s good fun at the start but then they piss you with stuff like you said.

I live by myself and have done for the last 2.5 years. It’s epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
          Agree with this.

Living with friends is the worst, it’s good fun at the start but then they piss you with stuff like you said.

I live by myself and have done for the last 2.5 years. It’s epic.
          Only way to do it.

Pure nightmare. I don't know how married people (especially with kids) do it. Where is the upside ?

Comment

Only way to do it.

Pure nightmare. I don't know how married people (especially with kids) do it. Where is the upside ?
            Especially now working from home. Imagine sharing a house with 2-3 others and being stuck in all day?

Not for me. I turned my spare bedroom into an office and I call my family/friends a few times a day to stay in touch.

Some people think living alone is weird. Most who think that haven’t lived with other people (outside of your own family) for more than 2/3 years. They would think differently if they had!

Comment

Live with my gf. I flat shared before and I’ve lived on my own also. Flat sharing can be alright. I lived with 3 professionals in N London and they were out most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                Especially now working from home. Imagine sharing a house with 2-3 others and being stuck in all day?

Not for me. I turned my spare bedroom into an office and I call my family/friends a few times a day to stay in touch.

Some people think living alone is weird. Most who think that haven’t lived with other people (outside of your own family) for more than 2/3 years. They would think differently if they had!
                @ ''alone''

I have people over all the time and I'm sure you do too.

It's nice to tell a person to get out and they can't say shlt about it

Having roommates = no privacy. Having to lock your bedroom door (just in case).

Comment

I live with my gf and our dog. I miss living with my pals though, was good to just always have something on the go or to get involved in if I was bored.

I did get tired of partying near the end though, and the house got so ****ing messy/dirty.

Good to hear everyone on here is coping ok living alone during the lockdowns etc. I know a few who were living alone on furlough AND lockdown and were pretty much having a break down. Really ****ing tough being cooped up like that and not allowed any human contact, seems like even less contact than in prison.

Comment

Solo

Yep so true. I've been there and it's a buzz at 1st then it all starts going down hill. Money, housework and food are the 3 devil's.

Comment

Me my fiance and our child and dog.

We built a 1 story annex on to her parents house as they were aged and the plan was for them to live in it and the 3 of us got the big house. Then they refused to move. So we stuck in it and there is no space to breath.

We could move out but why pay for another house when we pumped our money in to this one and it would sit empty. Just riding it out until the situation changes. (if you know what I mean)

My fiance has her own business and has built an office/summer house in the garden, when she isn't working in it and my daughter is driving me mad I just go in there, its got my spin bike and weights and xbox and a sofa and cable TV so atleast I've got somewhere to escape when I need to.

Comment

Working...
                      X