No announcement yet.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never heard of her.

Can guys from the US fill me in on why this is important. I get why Supreme Judges are important but was this one particularly leaning one way?

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      Why was he blocked by Obama?

Republicans and Dems always try to get in judges that swing their way....... it's actually a very important thing as they are there for life.

Blocked by Obama = wins for any one anti-dem.
      I didn't say Obama blocked him. Read again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Somewhere in Heaven, a chorus of the unborn sing "The Wicked Witch is Dead!"

You just reminded me of a Scottish comedian that made this same joke, but it was Margaret Thatcher instead of the witch.

Ding-dong, the Thatcher's deed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          I didn't say Obama blocked him. Read again.
          Sorry, my bad.

I think it's reading and responding too fast....... or maybe it's the 2 bottles of wine?

Comment

Never heard of her.

Can guys from the US fill me in on why this is important. I get why Supreme Judges are important but was this one particularly leaning one way?
            It's important in that liberal Justices vote party line like 99% of the time and they legislate from the bench.

I used to say I had no idea why that woman even attended the oral arguments, as everyone with a pulse already knew how she'd rule the moment the Supreme Court agreed to take up a particular case.

For whatever reason (I'd say it was her sheer nastiness and tenacity in refusing to die), political superfans made this particular liberal Justice a hero.

Comment

Sorry, my bad.

I think it's reading and responding too fast....... or maybe it's the 2 bottles of wine?
              His "stupid" rubbed off on you for a moment.

Some of us warned you....

Comment

It's important in that liberal Justices vote party line like 99% of the time and they legislate from the bench.

I used to say I had no idea why that woman even attended the oral arguments, as everyone with a pulse already knew how she'd rule the moment the Supreme Court agreed to take up a particular case.

For whatever reason (I'd say it was her sheer nastiness and tenacity in refusing to die), political superfans made this particular liberal Justice a hero.
                Jurists on both sides of politics claim that she is one of the most important legal minds in American history

Do we believe them or a Trumptard?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                  This is how dumb republicans are. Dems would never pass this up. But but republicans bad!

I seriously cannot wait until Lisa is replaced , I wouldn’t even care If it’s a Democrat at this point, get her out ASAP.

Comment

McConnell: Trump's Supreme Court nominee 'will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...nee-vote-floor

And you can't very well complain, because it was your team that made the rules Mitch is playing by!!!

The man even straight-up warned y'all.......

Oh the irony!!!!

Comment

Seems like Supreme judges are dodgy to me...... especially ones that can't be fired or removed despite voting partisan.

Kinda why I like the monarchy and support it.......... and being from the US you will obviously be against it....... but in the UK the parliament are only loaned to serve the public by the Queen...... the police, royal mail, HRMC, Fire service and NHS are the property of the Queen........ so if the Parliament done anything radical like that, the Queen can take control and remove the whole parliament.

The parliament ha the army, police and every public servant sworn to the Queen..... so they can't do anything crazy.

Comment

Working...
                      X