No announcement yet.

Grand jury indicts one officer in fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Maybe you should ask yourself that question, you brought it up. This isn't the movies or call of duty lol.

That's why we have a court case. But again, you guys assume what you will while we wait for more facts or throw out a "flash bang" lol.
    There was a grand jury that initially charged Walker but had to reverse the decision when the real story came out. They were never told that the police forced there way into the apartment. Flash bangs often are used in Ontario during forced entries if the officers feel there is a danger to themselves and that isn't the Call of Duty. LOL..
    Like I said the Police didn't go there looking to kill anyone but there are still questions about exactly what happened.

“The radio transmission and the 911 calls reflect that a minute and eight seconds transpires with no shots before they start shooting into the apartment again,"

So why didn't they throw in a flash bang or a smoke grenade at that point? They had plenty of time.

“(There were) two volleys of gunfire that night, and they were about a minute and eight seconds apart,” Romines said. “It was not reported that an officer was shot until after the second volley of gunshots ... Until we see the ballistics report, we think it is much more likely that one of the 35-to-45 shots fired by LMPD is what struck Officer Mattingly.”

If the officers followed procedure then the procedure needs to be looked at so this type of thing doesn't happen again.

There were 35 to 45 shots estimated to have been fired into the apartment and some entered adjoining apartments. At some point the officers should have started thinking about the consequences of their actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
      From what I gather the family took the money and settled.
      That is a strange way to look at this. The family wouldn’t have been offered money nor would the state have settled if they had done nothing wrong.

This statement suggests the family being compensated by the state as part of a wrongful death suit means it’s ok for the cops not to get charged.

Is that what you mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by HewJohnson View Post
        I’m becoming so angry at the nonsense spewed from “BLM” and moronic democrats...I can’t even turn any type of media or sports or anything on. Just BULL$H!T shoved in my face every time.
        Why do you call it nonsense?

You can’t understand how angry this makes black people?

American citizens are in their home doing nothing wrong, the police kick in their door. This doesn’t outrage you?

The justification for kicking in the door unannounced is a legal tool used disproportionately against poor and working class minority communities. Why aren’t you outraged that this sort of systemic racism exists?

A man fearing he and his girlfriend are under attack fires a warning shot to stop they intruders From coming farther in his home. This response Is met with a deluge of bullets.

What happened here is wrong on so many levels. An innocent woman lost her life for no reason. A family is destroyed. yet you are most angry at athletes and democrats for talking about it.

Come on dude that just doesn’t make any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
          If the boyfriend doesn't fire that gun she is still alive that's all there is to it.
          Actually if no knock warrants were not used as a tool by police she is still alive because a simple knock on the door and announcing you are the police allows him to show them they have the wrong apartment.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Actually if no knock warrants were not used as a tool by police she is still alive because a simple knock on the door and announcing you are the police allows him to show them they have the wrong apartment.
            Wow you still on the wrong apartment story?

Do some reading my man, the info is out there if you choose to know the truth.

If you choose to stick by a fake story that fits your narrative, that's also your prerogative. Just don't act all offended when people who have done their research come at you with a different opinion on the case.

This was nothing more than a tragic accident.

Cops where doing their job, got fired at and returned fire. Not sure why some people have such a hard time comprehending what happened here

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Not to mention the validity of said warrant in question. If you're serving a no knock, please believe surveillance should have been discussed and conducted at some point in obtaining and serving the warrant.

As a vet, this is all really so disheartening. Our country is in need of some serious healing. I will continue to pray for us all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

If you choose to stick by a fake story that fits your narrative, that's also your prerogative. Just don't act all offended when people who have done their research come at you with a different opinion on the case.

Cops where doing their job, got fired at and returned fire. Not sure why some people have such a hard time comprehending what happened here
                It was the wrong apartment. The person they were supposedly looking for was already in custody.

I have done plenty of reading. There are only one set of facts. If you come across a story that isn’t true but run with it because it justifies your opinion, that doesn’t equate to me running with a false narrative.

This was not merely a tragic accident. This is the result you get when tools like no knock warrants are used in poorer, minority communities.

The boyfriend didn’t fire on police knowingly, he fired one warning shot once his door was broken down. I am sure any gun owner would do the same thing.

The police didn’t announce themselves. Had they had body cams on, them this would be easily proven or disproven.

I understand that you want to minimize this as just a cops doing their job thing. For many of us, the outrage is because cops shot and killed an innocent woman and there is no body cam footage to tell us the truth and no one will be held accountable for her death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                  Not to mention the validity of said warrant in question. If you're serving a no knock, please believe surveillance should have been discussed and conducted at some point in obtaining and serving the warrant.

As a vet, this is all really so disheartening. Our country is in need of some serious healing. I will continue to pray for us all.
                  Yes my friend. There had to be a better way to handle this.

I understand law enforcement needs tools to combat crime. But there is a reason the no knock warrant tool has all but been eliminated in many places.

A life gone, a family destroyed and a community on the brink of exploding all because of a mistake.

Comment

• That multi million $$$ settlement certainly healed the family from what I saw...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post

Team loyalty, plain and simple.

They put team loyalty above everything.

Once you get that, it all starts to make sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X