No announcement yet.

what do ya'll think of this interview?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    Wording of laws can be interpreted in different ways...... you are quoting this as it's some kind of protection to stop&search...... but I will highlight a VERY important part "unreasonable searches and seizures"

Is it unreasonable to stop and search someone that is likely to be carrying a knife or gun? or stop and search someone in an area where people carry knives and guns, and has high crime and history of it?

In the city near me, the cops tend to focus on the rough areas for these things, and they get a lot of hits in those areas.

If you are walking about Aberdeen at 2am looking like a druggie you are getting stopped, and that's how it should be.
    is it not your constitutional right to bare arms??

and if there is no curfew how can you jump out on a person for simply walking??? things like this only get worse and worse and then you have more issues

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
      is it not your constitutional right to bare arms??

and if there is no curfew how can you jump out on a person for simply walking??? things like this only get worse and worse and then you have more issues
      No, I am from Scotland.

Can you answer my question?

"Is it unreasonable to stop and search someone that is likely to be carrying a knife or gun? or stop and search someone in an area where people carry knives and guns, and has high crime and history of it?"

Interesting how you avoided that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
        No, I am from Scotland.

Can you answer my question?

"Is it unreasonable to stop and search someone that is likely to be carrying a knife or gun? or stop and search someone in an area where people carry knives and guns, and has high crime and history of it?"

Interesting how you avoided that.
        How are you going to randomly assume someone has a gun or knife?? because they are in a high crime neighborhood??

What about the rich kids who shoot up schools?? or the rich people who flip out and kill people? so they do not get randomly searched due to where they live??

4th amendment protects for from random searching this is not Nazi Germany..What you are describing is what is wrong with America today..down right stereotyping and profiling...

The main issue is the weapons and drugs being shipped into this country, fix that and you will see a huge difference

Comment

Originally posted by Larry_Rushmore View Post
          How are you going to randomly assume someone has a gun or knife?? because they are in a high crime neighborhood??

What about the rich kids who shoot up schools?? or the rich people who flip out and kill people? so they do not get randomly searched due to where they live??

4th amendment protects for from random searching this is not Nazi Germany..What you are describing is what is wrong with America today..down right stereotyping and profiling...

The main issue is the weapons and drugs being shipped into this country, fix that and you will see a huge difference
          Yeah. Take Aberdeen for example. If there is a group of neds walking around at 2am, dressed in their tracksuit's and looking wasted...... search them! boom! you found a knife or drugs at least....... but then they are white, so that doesn't fit the racial narrative you try to push...... oops.

Yeah, I want all sketchy people searched in all areas of the UK with high knife crime and drug use. Sue me.

The searches are not random, they target people likely to be breaking the law. Where I am from that is carrying drugs or a knife, in the US add guns...... and the people stopped mostly already have a criminal record and are known to police, so it isn't random like you claim.

Comment

Working...
          X