Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HEROES Act Proposal - $1,200 Stimulus Check For Individuals And Up To $6,000 For Fami

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEROES Act Proposal - $1,200 Stimulus Check For Individuals And Up To $6,000 For Fami

The House of Representatives introduced a new stimulus bill called the Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions Act, or the “HEROES Act“. This $3 trillion proposal far exceeds the cost of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act, which is the largest stimulus bill in U.S. history. The House will meet on Friday to vote on this bill.

What Does The HEROES Act Bill Cover?

The HEROES Act would provide funding for a wide range of groups, a new stimulus check, funding for state and local governments, hazard pay for essential workers, funding for coronavirus testing, rent and mortgage assistance, an extension of the $600 weekly unemployment expansion, additional funding for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, additional funding for small businesses, emergency relief for the U.S. Postal Service, and provisions for election safety and facilitating voting by mail.

Stimulus Checks Under the HEROES Act – Up to $6,000 for Families

The HEROES Act includes another stimulus check that would benefit individual taxpayers and their families. It would include another one-time $1,200 payment for individuals who earn up to $75,000. Families could also receive $1,200 for up to three qualified dependents (unlike the $500 payment under the CARES Act). This means some families could receive up to $6,000.

The HEROES Act also changes the wording from the CAREA Act from “children” to “dependents,” which increases the number of eligible recipients.

The income limits for eligibility are the same as those under the CARES Act:

Single: $75,000
    Married Filing Jointly: $150,000
    Head of Household: $112,500
    There is also a phase-out for incomes

Single: $75,000 through $99,000.
    Married Filing Jointly: $150,000 through $198,000.
    Head of Household: $112,500 through $136,500.
    The HEROES Act Also Changes Some Stimulus Check Rules from the CARES Act
    Some taxpayers did not receive an Economic Impact Payment under the CARES Act if their tax return did not include Social Security or TIN numbers for everyone included on the tax return. This included married couples who filed a return in which at least one person should have qualified for a stimulus payment.

The HEROES Act changes that by providing stimulus payments to all qualified persons on a tax return. Those who do not qualify will simply not be eligible for a payment, instead of preventing the entire payment to go through as with the CARES Act. It also prohibits the stimulus checks from being garnished.

Via Forbes

I'm not gonna lie, call me selfish, this pisses me off and hope it does not pass. While me and wife are taxed to death, we aint getting any of this cuz our combined income is way more than $150k. Smh

Comment

The problem is starting to become that people are making more in unemployment than they are while working which Deincentivizes people from going back to work when we open up.

If you were making $800 A week before everything closed down and now government is sending you 1200-1300 a week for doing nothing, and is extending those benefits till end of year then why would anyone want to go back. But then again if that money is going to be sent anywhere it should be the people and not corporations who don’t really need it.

Comment

The extra money (aside from normal unemployment) should be given to everyone regardless if you still have a job or making more than $100k per year. That way it's fair to all. Specially those who are currently working and making minimum wage.
        That cut off of $100k (zero stimulus) is too low. They should cut off at $250k single and $500k for married.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
          The extra money (aside from normal unemployment) should be given to everyone regardless if you still have a job or making more than $100k per year. That way it's fair to all. Specially those who are currently working and making minimum wage.
          That cut off of $100k (zero stimulus) is too low. They should cut off at $250k single and $500k for married.
          You sound greedy as Phuckk dude I am not even going to lie.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            The problem is starting to become that people are making more in unemployment than they are while working which Deincentivizes people from going back to work when we open up.

If you were making $800 A week before everything closed down and now government is sending you 1200-1300 a week for doing nothing, and is extending those benefits till end of year then why would anyone want to go back. But then again if that money is going to be sent anywhere it should be the people and not corporations who don’t really need it.
            I tend to agree but this is your only opportunity to clean up on the government and get some “free” money while you can. I support it. Too bad must ppl will use the money on bull**** while having their bills stack up. The smart ppl who are using the money for bills are really not breaking above even since most Americans are living pay check to pay check before the pandemic. When this is over the country will be worst.

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, call me selfish, this pisses me off and hope it does not pass. While me and wife are taxed to death, we aint getting any of this cuz our combined income is way more than $150k. Smh
              Butler remove this comment. You were living good before the pandemic not worrying about the poor before or the unemployed. Now cuz they are making $300 more a week off of free money, you who still makes 3x more a year than them is upset cuz you are not getting an extra $300 you don’t even need ? Really man ?

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Butler remove this comment. You were living good before the pandemic not worrying about the poor before or the unemployed. Now cuz they are making $300 more a week off of free money, you who still makes 3x more a year than them is upset cuz you are not getting an extra $300 you don’t even need ? Really man ?
                I didnt really read.. i thought they gonna get $6000 extra per month or something..

Comment

I didnt really read.. i thought they gonna get $6000 extra per month or something..
                  They will if you have 3 kids.... It will be 1200 per person in the household, so if you are married with 3 kids the family will receive $6000.

Comment

It's a political stunt bill designed to fail:

The Dems took a hit with Nancy Pelosi marching through Chinatown urging people to congregate there because coronavirus was a racist hoax, then Dems opposing the initial stimulus package.

Now what the economy is opening back up they will switch gears and throw out some pointless, economically unviable & generally guaranteed-to-failstimulus bills filled with extra demands... Then say "See? The Republicans did it this time!"

"The 1,800-page bill is a laundry list of Democratic priorities, starting with another $875 billion for state and local governments and $20 billion each for tribal governments and U.S. territories. It also includes another $75 billion for testing, new provisions for hazard pay for essential workers, $75 billion in mortgage relief, $100 billion for rental assistance, plus another $25 billion for the Postal Service. There’s also $3.6 billion for elections, $10 billion for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and $10 billion for small businesses."

Comment

Working...
                    X