Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    LMAO. Straight ownage from beginning to end

Good shlt, champ!
    Thanks man, I hope you're being safe in NYC. I'm reading schit is crazy up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Not sure what you're saying in relation to that 70% figure.

You are correct, poverty knows no color.

But crime is not an effect of poverty.

If it were, Appalachia would have the same massive crime stats as our inner cities, and during the Great Depression we would have seen the nation's highest crime rates on record.

It's all about how the children are raised, and who does and doesn't raise them.
      I was waiting on you to say this. If Appalachia has drug problems, why weren't they affected by the War on Drugs or locked up like blacks during Mass incarceration? Millions of black families were ruined by the War on drugs and mass incarceration, yet Appalachia has no history of being targeted by police?

Look at the heroin epidemic vs the crack epidemic.

I've seen documentaries on Appalachia and looked at stats, NONE of them have ever been targeted by police like inner city blacks have been.... It's never happen despite more drugs being in white communities.

If anything, Appalachia is a testament to the fact that mass incarceration, War on Drugs, etc was never based on "drugs", more so than it was an excuse to lock up blacks. Statistics prove this.

War zones were created by incarceration, That's the point.

Look at the Coronavirus pandemic and how scared people are, gun stores are selling out, etc... If white people can't feed their family AND you lock them up at alarming rates for bs petty crimes like they've done with blacks, you don't think white people won't turn violent?

Of course you'll think I'm Sunspace now.
      Last edited by Chollo Vista; 03-25-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          I was waiting on you to say this.
          And I was waiting for you to reply to me.

Please, st least be honest and quit playing games.

Either engage me in adult debate or just stay quiet as you said you would. Sound fair?

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
          If Appalachia has drug problems, why weren't they affected by the War on Drugs or locked up like blacks during Mass incarceration?
          Calls for conjecture

The word "if" should have been a dead giveaway.

But either way, the fact remains, crime is not an effect of poverty.

Because again, if it were Appalachia would have the same high crime rates, and not just with drug crimes, that inner cities do.

They do not. Not even close.

So logic dictates that there must be other factors at play.

Do you want to discuss those? I'm sure up for it....

Millions of black families were ruined by the War on drugs and mass incarceration, yet Appalachia has no history of being targeted by police?

Look at the heroin epidemic vs the crack epidemic.
          How about we just keep race and your race baiting our of this. Is that too much to ask?

The discussion is about poverty causing crime, not about race.

And, you're hung up solely on drug crimes. But that's part of crime statistics.

You know full well if we start discussing crime rates on murder, rape, robbery, etc, it's going to go very, very badly for you.

What say we just avoid that?

I've seen documentaries on Appalachia and looked at stats, NONE of them have ever been targeted by police like inner city blacks have been.... It's never happen despite more drugs being in white communities.
          Do you think it might just happen to be because the Appalachian people arent slaughtering each other in the streets (and committing other violent crimes as well) like we see in the inner cities?

You do know cops go to where the crime is, don't you?

If you dont want cops all over your neighborhoods, start cleaning them up.

We dont have much crime in my neighborhood, and golly gee we dont see cops left and right arresting people all day and night.

Go figure.

If anything, Appalachia is a testament to the fact that mass incarceration, War on Drugs, etc was never based on "drugs", more so than it was an excuse to lock up blacks. Statistics prove this.
          No they dont prove anything, but keep on trying to justify your racism.

War zones were created by incarceration, That's the point.
          Are you high on drugs yourself????

Idiot, war zones are caused by people killing each other.

Which is what ghetto rats do, but the people of Appalachia dont.

If you quit acting like savages you'll quit getting locked up.

It's not a difficult concept, if one isnt a racist and and idiot.

Look at the Coronavirus pandemic and how scared people are, gun stores are selling out, etc... If white people can't feed their family AND you lock them up at alarming rates for bs petty crimes like they've done with blacks, you don't think white people won't turn violent?
          More conjecture, and its dripping with racism.

Of course you'll think I'm Sunspace now.
          No, not at all.

He was a fat white loser, and you're a fat 'White Hispanic' loser.

Y'all are indeed birds of a feather, but not the same person.

And dont try and speak for me. Best to stick to mimicking me instead.
          Last edited by 1bad65; 03-25-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I considered it racist. Without question.

But if not racist, you gotta admit it's straight up race-baiting.

I just call it as I see it.
            Every thread Chollo gets on he stirs up the race shyt. He had a couple of his threads deleted this week because of race-baiting. This guy crawls in his hole for weeks at a time and when he re-surfaces he goes on a civil rights march through the Lounge. Not surprisingly, the resident SJWs like Larry always crying about racism don't have a problem with it so long as the "right" people are being talked about.

Comment

• Well the Nancy won't look at the bill until today. They're off tomorrow. So no signing this week?

Comment

Either engage me in adult debate or just stay quiet as you said you would. Sound fair?

Calls for conjecture

Because again, if it were Appalachia would have the same high crime rates, and not just with drug crimes, that inner cities do.

How about we just keep race and your race baiting our of this. Is that too much to ask?

You know full well if we start discussing crime rates on murder, rape, robbery, etc, it's going to go very, very badly for you.

Do you think it might just happen to be because the Appalachian people arent slaughtering each other in the streets (and committing other violent crimes as well) like we see in the inner cities?

You do know cops go to where the crime is, don't you?

We dont have much crime in my neighborhood, and golly gee we dont see cops left and right arresting people all day and night.

Go figure.

No they dont prove anything, but keep on trying to justify your racism.

Are you high on drugs yourself????

Idiot, war zones are caused by people killing each other.

Which is what ghetto rats do, but the people of Appalachia dont.

If you quit acting like savages you'll quit getting locked up.

It's not a difficult concept, if one isnt a racist and and idiot.

More conjecture, and its dripping with racism.

No, not at all.

Y'all are indeed birds of a feather, but not the same person.

And dont try and speak for me. Best to stick to mimicking me instead.

This coward hides behind code language, but accuses me of racism?

Yes WAR ZONES were created because micro policing, poverty and introduction to drugs turned them into war zones which is what they REFUSE to do in places like Appalachia

Just as I said, you are the J Edgar Hoover of the lounge... The biggest racist in the lounge that runs around trying to get people locked up for racism.
                Last edited by Chollo Vista; 03-25-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Everyone that tries, you accuse them of being Suspace

Calls for conjecture

If you really think that people in Appalachia don't commit crimes, you are one of the dumbest bigots on boxingscene. It's not that they aren't committing crimes, it's that police aren't looking to arrest them for crimes committed. Drugs are just as big in Appalachia as they are anywhere in the inner city. Do you think that drugs have been LEGAL in Appalachia all this time?

Ok, let's discuss. Let's look at what the War on Drugs and Mass incarceration has done to inner city blacks, something that Appalachia was absent from despite having drugs and being impoverised:

"Law enforcement not only disproportionately targeted cities in its new war on drugs
                  but it also particularly policed the communities of color within them; this, despite extensive
                  and readily available data that these areas were not where most drug trafficking and
                  usage took place. As studies done by the National Institute on Drug Abuse and the National
                  Household Survey on Drug Abuse noted in 2000, not only did “white students use
                  cocaine at seven times the rate of black students, use crack cocaine at eight times the rate
                  of black students, and use heroin at seven times the rate of black students,” but whites between the ages of twelve and seventeen were also “more than a third more likely to have sold illegal drugs than African American youth.”

"In 1978,for example, Michigan passed a “650 lifer law,” which mandated a life sentence for anyone
                  found guilty of the intent to deliver 650 grams or more of cocaine. By 1999 this law
                  had resulted in two hundred people receiving a life sentence with no chance of parole—
                  some of whom had not had drugs in their possession but were simply in proximity to
                  someone who did."

"The nation’s welfare system failed to mitigate much of this post-incarceration poverty because, after passage of the Personal
                  Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, offenders with drugrelated
                  felonies were saddled with “a lifetime ban on eligibility for tanf [Temporary Assistance
                  for Needy Families] . . . and food stamps.” Even when the formerly incarcerated
                  still qualified for federal and state aid, there was increasingly less to receive over the course
                  of the later postwar period. Almost a decade before the Clinton administration chose to
                  “end welfare as we know it” in the mid-1990s, expenditures on incarceration had already
                  “surpassed afdc [Aid to Families with Dependent Children] by 130 percent and food
                  stamps by 70 percent.”25

If blacks are being targeted for drugs while having less drugs than whites, that automatically says race is a factor.

While mass incarceration undercut the postwar gains of the American labor movement by dampening the wages of all free-world workers, it particularly eroded the economic standing of African Americans. Even though many thought that “the wage gap between black and white young men” had narrowed substantially over the postwar period, the disproportionate incarceration of African Americans not only hid black unemployment and thus masked real income inequality but it also ensured that such inequality would deeper over time since blacks faced a more severe “wage penalty” than whites when they were finally freed.45 Not only did black men find less work than white men when they tried to reenter the free-world labor force, but when they did secure employment their hourly wages were at least “10 percent lower after prison than before.”46 Mass incarceration also widened the income gap between white and black Americans because the infrastructure of the carceral state was located disproportionately in all-white rural communities. The Adirondack district of upstate New York only had two prisons in the early 1970s, but by the late 1990s it had eighteen correctional facilities and another under construction. Republican state senator Ronald Stafford had worked hard to secure these many new penal institutions because his district—formally a vibrant mining, logging, dairy farming, and manufacturing area—endured a per capita income “40 percent lower than the state’s average.” Seeking similar economic relief, the small midwestern town of Ionia, Michigan, eventually housed six state prisons, and the state of California, which had built only twelve prisons between 1852 and 1964, built twenty-three more after 1984.47 Whenever a prison came to a rural white community it certainly created jobs, and given that a corrections officer’s salary could be 50 percent higher than that paid to most other unskilled workers, this expansion of the carceral state had the potential to benefit key segments of America’s white working class. By 2006 the department of corrections had become California’s “largest state agency,” employing 54,000 people; across the nation as a whole, state, federal, and private penal facilities were employing more people than any Fortune 500 company. Not only did whites enjoy new employment options with the boom in prison growth but areas that received new penal facilities also reaped other less obvious benefits simply because prisoners inflated the region’s population. In 1990, when the presence of a large prison artificially boosted the census population of Coxsackie, New York, by 27.5 percent, its recorded median income dropped substantially from what it had been in the previous census year. As a result, the overwhelmingly white resident population became “eligible to receive more funding from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development,” such as that which came from Community Development Block Grants.4

Prisons not only impoverished people, leading them to commit more crimes of necessity, but they also made people more violent and antisocial. Not surprisingly then, the homicide rate jumped from 6.8 per 100,000 in 1967, when Lyndon B. Johnson was heading into his last year in office, to 10.5 per 100,000 in 1991, after more than a decade of solidly conservative rule, a thorough retreat from the liberal welfare state, and the unprecedented buildup of the carceral state. Moreover, while the violent crime rate in 1965 was 200.2 per 100,000, it grew to 556.6 in 1985 and to 684.6 in 1995

You do realize that Alaska leads the nation in violent crimes per capita, right??

Was crack cocaine introduced into Appalachia by the police like it was in black communities? How many covert operations have been directed at white america to destablize their economic community? Zero!! That's how many, zero.

You mean like what Garvey, Malcolm and Farrahkhan tried to do? You hate Farrahkahn, not because of what he says, but because he does just what you ask him to do. Clean up black neighborhoods, instill a sense of pride and educate the people. The fact that he does that makes you lose sleep at night and in turn you want to paint Farrahkhan as some evil villian... Aint that right, Mr. J Edgar Hoover, I mean 1sad65. You want to cry about blacks not being united, but when we unite you want to scream racism lol

Which is what ghetto rats do, but the people of Appalachia dont. If you quit acting like savages you'll quit getting locked up.
                  Look at this racist piece of schit. If .01% of the efforts went to Appalachia like what has been applied to black America, the whole town of Appalachia would be incarcerated. They would be suicidal and homicidal in result.

More lies and character defamation. This is the same thing your weak ass runs to the mods complaining about, but here you are doing it. Isn't that right, Mr. Mustang, I mean Hoover.

Comment

• 1bad65

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~oliver/RACI...nses_1rate.png

Whites were about 45 percent more likely than blacks to sell drugs in 1980, according to an analysis of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth by economist Robert Fairlie. This was consistent with a 1989 survey of youth in Boston. My own analysis of data from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows that 6.6 percent of white adolescents and young adults (aged 12 to 25) sold drugs, compared to just 5.0 percent of blacks (a 32 percent difference).

Since blacks are more likely to be arrested than whites on drug charges, they are more likely to acquire the convictions that ultimately lead to higher rates of incarceration. Although the data in this backgrounder indicate that blacks represent about one-third of drug arrests, they constitute 46 percent of persons convicted of drug felonies in state courts. Among black defendants convicted of drug offenses, 71 percent received sentences to incarceration in contrast to 63 percent of convicted white drug offenders. Human Rights Watch analysis of prison admission data for 2003 revealed that relative to population, blacks are 10.1 times more likely than whites to be sent to prison for drug offenses.23" - See more at: http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Race....lFvNAqc9.dpuf

The war on drugs has vilified the black community more than ever.

The social mobility of black Americans has suffered collateral damage from the “War on Drugs.” Being convicted of a crime has devastating effects on the employment prospects and incomes of ex-felons and their children, as my Brookings colleagues and other scholars have found. These findings are often used to motivate efforts to reduce criminal behavior. They should also motivate changes in our criminal justice system, which unfairly punishes black Americans—often for victimless crimes that whites are at least as likely to commit.

Imprisoning One in Three Black Men

An estimated one-third of black male Americans will spend time in state or federal prison at some point in their lifetime – more than double the rate from the 1970s and over five times higher than the rate for white males.

What’s driving the imprisonment of black men? Arrest data show a striking trend: arrests of blacks have fallen for violent and property crimes, but soared for drug related crimes. As of 2011, drug crimes comprised 14 percent of all arrests and a miscellaneous category that includes “drug paraphernalia” possession comprised an additional 31 percent of all arrests. Just 6 percent and 14 percent of arrests were for violent and property crimes, respectively.

The black share of people arrested for drug offenses has ranged from 23 percent (in 1980) to 41 percent (in 1991). Blacks remain far more likely than whites to be arrested for selling drugs (3.6 times more likely) or possessing drugs (2.5 times more likely).

…Even Though Whites Are Equally Likely to Sell and Use Drugs

Here’s the real shock: whites are actually more likely than blacks to sell drugs and about as likely to consume them.

Whites were about 45 percent more likely than blacks to sell drugs in 1980, according to an analysis of the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth by economist Robert Fairlie. This was consistent with a 1989 survey of youth in Boston. My own analysis of data from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health shows that 6.6 percent of white adolescents and young adults (aged 12 to 25) sold drugs, compared to just 5.0 percent of blacks (a 32 percent difference).

As for drug use, just 10 percent of blacks report using illegal drugs within the last month, which is not statistically different than the rate for whites. Among college students, 25 percent of whites reported illegal drug use within the last month but just 20 percent of black students. I find a higher percentage of whites than blacks report ever consuming illegal drugs.

Drug-Related Incarceration Damages Upward Mobility

In her new book, legal scholar Michelle Alexander offers a thorough examination of the relationship between law, policing and race. It is a complex story. But one thing is clear. The drug war has a profoundly negative effect on racial equality, and on rates of upward mobility.

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/socia...ility-rothwell

Now, you might ask, "How does this lead to creating war zones"?

Prisons not only impoverished people, leading them to commit more crimes of necessity, but they also made people more violent and antisocial. Not surprisingly then, the homicide rate jumped from 6.8 per 100,000 in 1967, when Lyndon B. Johnson was heading into his last year in office, to 10.5 per 100,000 in 1991, after more than a decade of solidly conservative rule, a thorough retreat from the liberal welfare state, and the unprecedented buildup of the carceral state. Moreover, while the violent crime rate in 1965 was 200.2 per 100,000, it grew to 556.6 in 1985 and to 684.6 in 1995

Of course Appalachia isn't a war zone, they couldn't handle 1/10 of the schit we've been through.
                    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 03-25-2020, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      This coward hides behind code language, but accuses me of racism?
                      There was no "coded language" whatsoever.

I was actually quite blunt and straight-forward as I typically am.

You don't see the high murder (and other violent crimes) rates in Appalachia that you see in inner cities.

It is what it is.

Quit trying to call facts racist.

And don't go calling me a coward for saying those facts and realities you can't accept.

If you don't like the facts, perhaps discussing them just isn't for you.

Yes WAR ZONES were created because micro policing, poverty and introduction to drugs turned them into war zones which is what they REFUSE to do in places like Appalachia

Just as I said, you are the J Edgar Hoover of the lounge... The biggest racist in the lounge that runs around trying to get people locked up for racism.
                      So you say. And you have dug in.

Ok, I'll concede this point for purposes of moving forward.

There was this vast racist conspiracy to keep the black community down. It's worked. The black community is suffering as a result. You've got it all figured out there.

So how do your people move forward out of their rut?

Do they value the family unit and put value on educating their children so they can get out of the ghetto and into a better neighborhood?

Do they report crimes and work with police to get criminals off the streets so their communities will be safe for the law-abiding people who live there?

Do they blame others, refuse to father their own children, mock those who choose to educate themselves, and side with criminals over the police?

Do they choose as their community leaders guys like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who enrich themselves but never seem to lift up their communities? Do they keep voting for the same people who have for over 60 years made them the same empty promises every election season?

Do they go online, call everyone racist who disagrees with them, and even go out and actually fight anonymous people who argue with them on the Internet?

You tell me.....what steps do you think your people should take to try and better themselves and correct this horrible injustice?

Comment

Working...
                      X