Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSA: why aren't people taking this COVID-19 seriously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: why aren't people taking this COVID-19 seriously?

The virus is real. I know people that work at the NHS and I can't even put what they described into words. People are dying and the number of people infected is far more than what is in the media. It might be in millions.

Also, the boys in military have been doing contingency planning for weeks now on how to enforce a total lockdown. However, the only problem in the UK is that there aren't enough servicemen and people are being redeployed. And they might have to add reservists to make up the number.

Safety first. Survive and ask questions later. I see people all over London being carefree and still gathering in groups. And some dumb American rapper decided to mock the virus and do a video shoot yesterday. This is some biological weapon that got out of hand and there's no cure for it. Stay safe and isolate.

Because its bull****. This virus is nothing more than a case of the sniffles.

Comment

Cuz ppl are fookin idiots. I don't know how much more the government and the news can make it clear about how serious it is but dix will be dix.

My boss sent somebody home for 14 days but texted him just hours into it asking if he can go delivering cuz he's desperate and wants to make money. People just ain't making it a priority.

Comment

Originally posted by keepemup View Post
        Because its bull****. This virus is nothing more than a case of the sniffles.
        Ok. It's all fun and games until you catch it and you're struggling to breathe.

Not everything is a conspiracy. This shyt is real and there are people working in hospitals who're seeing loads of patients being brought in. Not everyone is part of the conspiracy. It's a biological weapon and not your regular virus.

Comment

Because it's not serious. Its media hysteria and sensationalization.

Mortality continues to DECLINE and is forecasted to end up close to 1% (possibly even beneath). Mortality rate from 0-19 is 0.2% and 20-40 0.4%. If you account for immunocompromised people this essentially the seasonal flu. The seasonal flu, by the way, is 0.1% WITH an annual vaccine...numbers would be higher without said vaccine...think 0.2-0.3%.

With that being said Corona is dangerous for elderly and immunocompromised people. People aged 80+ have a mortality of almost 15%. Danger zones are 50-80 which is where most of our parents live at (if they're still living). The virus is very virulent and is transferred quite easily.

Politicians are losing their minds because they're all in the Danger Zone and they're all self-serving mongols. So a threat to them is interpreted as a threat to everyone...even if its it's not.

Media is loving this and collecting more views than any station the same they did during the Ebola outbreak (which was actually FAR more dangerous) as well as the Swine Flu (also more dangerous), SARS (ALSO more dangerous), etc.

If you post a goddamn Fox news article I wont read it and I'll block you.

Here is CDC:
          https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm
          Last edited by UNBANNED; 03-23-2020, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
            The virus is real. I know people that work at the NHS and I can't even put what they described into words. People are dying and the number of people infected is far more than what is in the media. It might be in millions.

Also, the boys in military have been doing contingency planning for weeks now on how to enforce a total lockdown. However, the only problem in the UK is that there aren't enough servicemen and people are being redeployed. And they might have to add reservists to make up the number.

Safety first. Survive and ask questions later. I see people all over London being carefree and still gathering in groups. And some dumb American rapper decided to mock the virus and do a video shoot yesterday. This is some biological weapon that got out of hand and there's no cure for it. Stay safe and isolate.

All of them are wrong now. Idk if there’s any idiots left who are not taking it seriously.

I warned here before and they laughed at me.

Comment

Everyone should take it seriously. It's killing a lot of people. If we don't practice safe social distancing, it can make the ~30K we lose to the flu every year look like child's play.

Comment

Its sooo selfish to just say "oh it aint serious unless your 50 and older or have pre existed illness" WOW

Idk about yall but i care about my grandparents, mother, aunts etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Everyone should take it seriously. It's killing a lot of people. If we don't practice safe social distancing, it can make the ~30K we lose to the flu every year look like child's play.
                  The mortality rate ain’t jack. Many people don’t focus on the facts and stats. It has shown, if you believe it, that the 7% mortality rate (which means when infected, not population) refers to the elderly whom are dying, whom already have had complications.

Seems like many people are insecure about their own health. This is why drinking alcohol is stupid. Every time people get hammered you affect the immune system trying to do its general work. Alcohol is bad for the body. It’s the same irresponsibility in not caring like people not washing their hands even after the facts.

If you want reassuring facts, many people are still not washing their hands even knowing this virus is a pandemic. Many teens don’t give a fook cause they’re stupid like the great LDBC thugs.

Children aged under 5 years are the most vulnerable group affected by malaria; in 2018, they accounted for 67% (272 000) of all malaria deaths worldwide.

The mosquito is a more serious threat than Covid-19.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                    Ok. It's all fun and games until you catch it and you're struggling to breathe.

Not everything is a conspiracy. This shyt is real and there are people working in hospitals who're seeing loads of patients being brought in. Not everyone is part of the conspiracy. It's a biological weapon and not your regular virus.
                    Says not everything is a conspiracy...then drops a conspiracy

Comment

Working...
                    X