Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Medal of Honor WWII soldier: The black soldier was very much ignored.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Bullsheit. Ain't you ever seen Forrest Gump?!

Oh wait, that was Vietnam. My bad, bruh...

And if they write war movies like horror flicks, the black guy is the first to get captured. Case in point, Hogan's Heroes had a black guy.
    Ne one but you. It be a hard war. Heavy losses on both sides.

I rather just drop a few bombs and be done.

My bad. Wrong quote.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
      Ne one but you. It be a hard war. Heavy losses on both sides.

I rather just drop a few bombs and be done.

My bad. Wrong quote.
      Who are we fighting against? I'm with you, we go in, drop some big sheit, and get out

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
        Who are we fighting against? I'm with you, we go in, drop some big sheit, and get out
        Hell yeah. Comrade!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
          You watch any WW2 movies and you would think they never existed to begin with
          1. Out of 12.2 million american troops only 900,000 were black.

About 7-8%. A small percentage but equivalent to their percentage of the population.

2. Of those 900,000 blacks, only 125,000 actually went overseas.

You wanna make movies out of a small minority who stayed home?

3. The u.s. military was segregated.

If you're showing a movie about a non black unit, hard to show blacks in a unit with no blacks.

4. Most blacks were put in supports and supply roles not fighting units.

Wanna do a black movie about ww2 where the heroes stay in the u.s. and stack up supplies?

The actual ppl who were neglected in ww2 movies, especially old ones, are the latino americans.

They weren't segregated. They served in large numbers. Most were considered white. They fought in fighting units. A lot went overseas.

Unlike the blacks who got their own movies about black units, latino americans didnt get movies like that.

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
            You watch any WW2 movies and you would think they never existed to begin with
            Correct me if I am wrong but? I think more non-white people died during the war than white people 'These where nations that where dragged into the war probably due to being part of the commonwealth etc' There was a incident involving a bunch of football hooligans giving abuse to black/asain people who attended a match. The Hooligans where chanting 'Where was you, WHERE WAS YOU DURING THE WAR'

Silly b*st*rds.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Black man shouldn't be going to war...….
              Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
              yeah.. war on the streets instead and kill off ya own kind. #smart
              Some of the most successful/intelligent everyday black folk I have met made a career in the military. The military is a great opportunity for minorities, its in no way going to make you rich but itll at least give you an opportunity that may not be in the ghetto or barrio.

Comment

I am wrong about my statistic regarding the number of deaths during the war 'But I am not even going to bother changing my post'.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

About 7-8%. A small percentage but equivalent to their percentage of the population.

If you're showing a movie about a non black unit, hard to show blacks in a unit with no blacks.

Wanna do a black movie about ww2 where the heroes stay in the u.s. and stack up supplies?

The actual ppl who were neglected in ww2 movies, especially old ones, are the latino americans.

They weren't segregated. They served in large numbers. Most were considered white. They fought in fighting units. A lot went overseas.

Unlike the blacks who got their own movies about black units, latino americans didnt get movies like that.

Very true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...nor_recipients

Comment

I didn't know they made black medals of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

I am sure they would of went overseas if they where not discriminated against etc The Latino American's probably do not get movies made about them because? They where accepted as white, therefore probably where not working under the same conditions.

Comment

Working...
                      X