Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook Pro: 8gb RAM and 512 SSD vs 16gb of Ram 256 SSD, Which Do You Recommend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those cheap lenovas are packed with bloatware and run like **** even though the specs look decent on paper.

that's why they are cheap, they get paid to have software on them and its a prick to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      Those cheap lenovas are packed with bloatware and run like **** even though the specs look decent on paper.

that's why they are cheap, they get paid to have software on them and its a prick to get rid of.
      So that's the price justification of Apple? The people who buy them are too dumb to spend under 5 minutes uninstalling some trial software?

Nahhh it's the same people who saw a character use it in a TV show & don't want to "look poor at school".
      Last edited by ////; 01-13-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post

Everyone knows that a new PC should be wiped straight away and reinstalled with a vanilla copy of Windows.

You're right re the bloatware, but it isn't an issue to remove it.

Comment

I’ll tell you what I was itching to pull the trigger on recently was a 27” iMac with 5k retina display. Man I was seriously about to do it. But I just can’t, the tech geek in me couldn’t do it due to the price to specs ratio. I went with an ordinary, and relatively cheap Dell Inspiron 7000 all in one for $1400+ tax. It arrived yesterday. It’s not bad at all, and not a bad looking all in one, the design is actually very good looking. 10th gen Intel i7, 12gb RAM (expandable up to 32gb), 512GB SSD, touch screen. It’s a really solid pc to have in the living room. I already have my own badass gaming pc and just wanted this one for the living room.

Comment

Most parts are proprietary. Rather go with bigger SSD since the NAND chips perform better when bigger space. Memory would operate at the same speed. If anything I would focus on upgrading video card options for later resale options. Trust Me

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
              Go big, everything is only getting faster and using more data, overkill is always better than coming up short. On the other hand you should always be able to upgrade RAM, so I don't think you're locked in permanently.
              You can't upgrade ram on mac book pro's anymore.

So I'd say go for the 16gb model.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                Most parts are proprietary. Rather go with bigger SSD since the NAND chips perform better when bigger space. Memory would operate at the same speed. If anything I would focus on upgrading video card options for later resale options. Trust Me
                You think 8GB of ram is enough with a 512 SSD?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  You think 8GB of ram is enough with a 512 SSD?
                  Definitely. I work heavy with Adobe Suite. I’ve noticed throughout the years that for media work, playback, it’s really the GPU that does everything.

I’ve owned Apple and PC for years. Love them both, and we all went through our, and still, Apple proprietary parts. Usually 128-256gb NAND chips aren’t as “fast” on paper and performance vs 512-2TB NANDs. And memory is all marketing bro. I used to be geeked to buy “fast” clock speed ram but it’s all bullshet tbh. I always get the stock speed and it’s great. Memory speeds are sold to the gullible gamer market and dummies buy into it.

If U can salvage so more room for your budget, I would REALLY focus on the GPU. USB 3.1 ports and TB3 are so reliable today and compact external drives that you don’t need to focus on INTERNAL space anymore.

Most in my industry we all use external devices. Back in the day it was SCSI and RAID for all media. Nowadays SSDs are so practical with external storage you don’t need to focus on what the manufacturers geek you with. The hardest option is the GPU (Graphics card) because with Apple, HP, Dell much stuff is now embedded into the mobo for many reasons.

So when you want to resell your Mac what They’ll most look into is the screen cosmetic and the GPU. SSD and Memory is more easy to swap.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    You can't upgrade ram on mac book pro's anymore.

So I'd say go for the 16gb model.
                    Then I stick by the 1st statement, go all the way.

Comment

Go with the 16gb of ram.

256gb is plenty of storage for essentials, anything else you can store anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X