Collapse
No announcement yet.

Senate Impeachment trial continues. Vote to call new witnesses fails

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to respect Dershowitz for putting the Constitution over his political beliefs.

He is the antithesis of a superfan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      jaded sorry to bother you on the title yet again in another thread, but do you mind changing thread title to "BREAKING: Senate Impeachment trial expected to start on Tuesday January 21st."
      Done......

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
        Done......
        Thank you sir.

Comment

• Comment

• UPDATE JAN 21st: BIDEN FOR BOLTON?

Senate Democrats privately mull Biden-for-Bolton trade in impeachment trial

Several Senate Democrats are privately discussing the possibility of calling Republicans’ bluff on witnesses, weighing an unusual trade in President Trump’s impeachment trial: the testimony of Hunter Biden for the testimony of a key administration official.

Publicly, most Democrats have scoffed at the growing GOP clamor to hear former vice president Joe Biden’s son testify, dismissing him as irrelevant to the charges against Trump and accusing Republicans of trying to distract from the allegations against the president.

But behind closed doors, a small group of Democratic senators and aides have begun to question that logic, sounding out their colleagues on whether they should back a witness deal that could lead to testimony from former national security adviser John Bolton or other administration officials with possible firsthand knowledge of the Ukraine controversy, according to multiple Democratic officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the private discussions.

[..........]
            https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ial/ar-BBZcdgW

Comment

• UPDATE JAN 30th:
              IMPEACHMENT TRIAL EXPECTED TO END BY WEEKEND

New witnesses unlikely, Trump impeachment trial could end quickly: GOP sources

Senators return at 1 p.m. Thursday for a second day of questions to House managers and President Donald Trump’s legal team in his impeachment trial as attempts by Democrats to rally votes for new witnesses appear to have stalled.

After more than 90 questions and 8 hours of debate on Wednesday, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has indicated to Republican senators he believes he now has the votes to defeat any Democratic motion that the Senate consider new witnesses when the Senate decides that question on Friday, according to two GOP sources. That would allow him to skip to the final stages of the trial, the sources said.

[..........]
              https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/witn...ry?id=68639038

Comment

• I have Trump ahead by a couple rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Gowdy would be outstanding !
                  Man... if Gowdy ran that would be one of the best damn things to ever happen to this country.

I don’t think he wants anything to do with it. I don’t blame him. You could offer me 10M a year to be president and I’m not sure I’d take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ggg gloveking View Post
                    i have trump ahead by a couple rounds.
                    lol........

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      Man... if Gowdy ran that would be one of the best damn things to ever happen to this country.

I don’t think he wants anything to do with it. I don’t blame him. You could offer me 10M a year to be president and I’m not sure I’d take it.
                      Yeah why would he? Who wants to go through all this BS. Just look at Trump his net worth has been cut in half.

Trey is making real money now without the headache.

Comment

Working...
                      X