Collapse
No announcement yet.

So do you believe in God or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] So do you believe in God or not?

I don't read the religion threads because they give me the shits, but I see them over and over in here, so I want numbers.

I'm cool with anyone believing what they want to, it just surprises me - maybe it shouldn't - that such a high % of posters not only have such faith, but they seemingly can't conceive of someone NOT believing.

Posts like "so if atheists don't believe in God, how do they think they'll get to go to Heaven?" and "if atheists don't believe in the afterlife, then how they think they were born?" It's so Godcentric that there's no worldview outside of God even conceivable to some of these people.

I'm going to pick the third option of "I don't know/not sure", because while I was raised to believe so it'll never fully go away, I'm not saying God DOESN'T exist. I'm just saying I don't KNOW, and that it's at LEAST as conceivable that humans are just some random organism that lives and dies (origin of the entire universe unknown) as it is that Earth was made in six days before God needed a rest.

Here's a couple more thoughts on the afterlife:

* A lot of religious people are homophobic, and say that gay people will go to Hell. So basically what you're saying is, if I commit a crime and go downstairs, my "punishment" would be to spend all eternity looking at lesbians?

* Let's say there IS no afterlife. Do you think in their dying moments, these devout believers who are passing away and realising that they're NOT going to go anywhere else are thinking "fuck me, if I'd have realised that, I'd have not wasted all those years praying and just used the time wanking instead"?
    Yes I believe in God and the afterlife
    56.10%
    No I don't believe in God and the afterlife
    31.71%
    I'm not sure; undecided
    12.20%
    Last edited by !! Anorak; 01-08-2020, 10:57 PM.

Yes I believe in a higher power.
    I don’t think too much of it, just follow basic instincts on right and wrong. That simple.

Comment

My family is very religious, my father was too RIP.

Me, I believe there is some sort of higher power.

Maybe not floating to the clouds and meet Santa Claus.

So yes, I do believe in God but I'm not religious if that makes sense.

Comment

I believe in a higher power for my sanctity but I am not religious. Religious fools are morons who didn't have something better in life.

I strongly believe there is no heaven or hell and when you die you will go underground and become worm food.

Comment

I don't believe in God, I spent a lot of time around believers and churches in a past job I had and when the question would come up I almost always had good friendly conversations with folks that would help me understand where their faith was useful and important,,, every now and then there was some tense situations that also illustrated the need for better understanding in both directions

Comment

I play the worst/best case scenario when it comes to God......live as if there is one.

The harm

Worst case, there isn't one and that's that
            Best case, there is one and you've done the right thing by not being a POS on Earth

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
              I believe in a higher power for my sanctity but I am not religious. Religious fools are morons who didn't have something better in life.

I strongly believe there is no heaven or hell and when you die you will go underground and become worm food.

Because logically, and literally, that’s what takes place. Some people get turned into ashes tho.

The reason religion or beliefs in afterlife are so ingrained in our heads is because some reaallly reallly, and I mean REEEAALLLLYY SMART group of people figured out they need to provide civilization with these stories in order to prevent chaos and mayhem down the line.

People who wrote the Bible tho are probably the wisest people of all time. At least top 5.

Comment

Not to alter the topic, BUT......how would we live our lives if we ALL knew FOR A FACT there was a Heaven and a God ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  Not to alter the topic, BUT......how would we live our lives if we ALL knew FOR A FACT there was a Heaven and a God ?
                  It’s be the same, except a whole lot more fake ****s running around. For sure.

Comment

The younger I was the more I believed in god. I used to actually talk to “him”, but every year things got worse. I grew up in poverty, and things were bad. I was taught that praying to god would make things better, but that was proven to be false over the years. At 13 my faith in god started going downhill, by 15 I was already denying god’s existence. By 18 I was straight up agnostic but I didn’t know, I didn’t label myself yet. I just didn’t believe in god, I had no proof of god.

Comment

Working...
                    X