Collapse
No announcement yet.

So do you believe in God or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe there is God. I do not follow religions though. After life, I do not know. Perhaps we are integrated back into the system like reincarnation or perhaps we enter a dream state with our consciousness and exist there. How could anyone know?

Comment

Humans are arrogant and always like to believe we are special.. of all the species on earth, we're the only one with soul and created in god's image.. gtfo.. we thought earth was the center of the universe/solar system too before..

Growing up in the philippines which is 90% catholic, i was brainwashed with all these religious BS..

Nothing tragic really happened.. i just got older and "wiser".. slowly realized the bible stories don't make sense..

Many don't have this "realization" phase.. it is just beyond their comprehension that there is no god..brainwashing was too deeply ingrained in them..

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
        Humans are arrogant and always like to believe we are special.. of all the species on earth, we're the only one with soul and created in god's image.. gtfo.. we thought earth was the center of the universe/solar system too before..

Growing up in the philippines which is 90% catholic, i was brainwashed with all these religious BS..

Nothing tragic really happened.. i just got older and "wiser".. slowly realized the bible stories don't make sense..

Many don't have this "realization" phase.. it is just beyond their comprehension that there is no god..brainwashing was too deeply ingrained in them..
        But us humans are at the top of the ladder
        And there's no life out there that wants to be found

Comment

Last edited by TBear; 01-09-2020, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I don't believe in any of the 'gods' that people usually refer to. Particularly the abrahamic god, or any other major (or even minor) religion.

However, I do believe that reality is sacred - there are infinite lies and falsehoods, but only one reality. It is special, and I think most people would accept that. To me though, I think of it as more than just special. It has an importance that, to me, is similar to the importance that abrahamic believers or other believers place in their gods.

In this sense I am deeply religious. However, my belief is so far removed from all other religions that it is probably misleading to think of things that way.

Comment

I believe God is real, I believe Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                But us humans are at the top of the ladder
                And there's no life out there that wants to be found

We haven’t found life and other beings haven’t found us either (that we know of) because space is really that big and we really are just not there yet, with technology, and neither are they.

To put the size of space into perspective, picture this...there’s life in our own oceans that we have not discovered, and who don’t know we exist either...despite that life sharing the same planet as us for 200k years. Yes we have found some life in the oceans, but there’s species we do not know of and they don’t know about us either.

That’s just here on Earth. Now you’re talking about space.

Like Neil DeGrasse Tyson said...saying there’s no life out in space is like taking a cup and taking a scoop of water from the ocean and saying there’s no life in the ocean because you see no life in the cup of water that you scooped up. (paraphrased)

Comment

Absolutely. The universe is too complex, too balanced, and too organized for me to believe that it's the result of some random (unexplainable) event occurring upon some random mass.

Thinking there is no God is like finding a computer on the ground and thinking it wasn't made by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                    I play the worst/best case scenario when it comes to God......live as if there is one.

The harm

Worst case, there isn't one and that's that
                    Best case, there is one and you've done the right thing by not being a POS on Earth
                    That's my take, though it sounds like your vote should have been the "not sure" one if htat's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      Absolutely. The universe is too complex, too balanced, and too organized for me to believe that it's the result of some random (unexplainable) event occurring upon some random mass.

Thinking there is no God is like finding a computer on the ground and thinking it wasn't made by someone.
                      I see this a lot, people saying that because there's no confirmed scientific explanation for how the universe came into being, then it means that God must exist then.

It's a complicated question, this origins of existence, but as I think we're still not advanced enough to crack it, that doesn't mean I need to replace the non-existent answer with these concepts.

It's like someone trying to solve a tough maths (math, Fat Yank) equation, and not being able to come up with the answer. Someone says "if you can't come up with the answer, I'll put down 'lemon meringue pie' as the result."

You're going "WTF??? How can a math/s equation equal a food? 2+2=Cheesecake? What the Hell?"

Then they say "well YOU can't give me an answer, so we MUST have one right now. If you can't work it out, that means whatever I say must be right."

Comment

Working...
                      X