Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greta Thunberg Named Person of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just know the world is totally ****ed when a spoiled, autistic 16 year old brat is elevated to some kind of weird iconic (almost religious) status.

She is a freak, worshiped by freaks.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Speaking of, I learned today that Hitler was Time Person of the Year (of 1938). Stalin won it twice.

I think it's intended to reflect influence and impact on current events and discourse, but not necessarily be an endorsement. But it would be interesting to go back and read how Time covered previous controversial POYs. Did they paint them as bad? Did they offer mixed opinions?

Well I agree that this wouldn't make Trumpsters angry. Not like when when Caitlyn Jenner won that bravery award. But that's a separate discussion.

Anyway, Trump was also Time Person of the Year. It doesn't seem to be a largely politically driven thing.
      Therein lies the silliness of it. Greta is some random child instructed to repeat the same 2-3 lines over and over by her weirdo parents. She hasn't affected the climate issue in any measurable way. She's an internet meme.

Regardless of how someone feels about Stalin, the Pope, or JFK, listing "Greta the girl in that funny gif" alongside them is a journalistic whoopie cushion.

As the Nobel Prize committee has surely realized by now, you can pull this type of whackiness once and stir a buzz, but if you do it 2, 3, 4 times, people just stop paying attention.
      Last edited by ////; 12-12-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
        Trumptards be like:
        What a little kunt

She needs to go to Guantanamo Bay

Comment

The more good people in the world the better, but its a bit insane when a child is talking like an adult when she only just finished her extended credit homework project on volcano's , I wonder what the real motive is, maybe money getting her to stir up a load of buzz and then advertise to the emotionally stirred viewers?
          Last edited by AlexKid; 12-12-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Is this the first time a puppet won it?

Comment

Here's a nice little article on Greta's footprint.

https://finance-yahoo-com.cdn.amppro...170000654.html

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  You just know the world is totally ****ed when a spoiled, autistic 16 year old brat is elevated to some kind of weird iconic (almost religious) status.

She is a freak, worshiped by freaks.
                  You’re older and can’t spell

Thanks for your input

Comment

I got to laugh how triggered some people get by this.

What are you *****es so angry about?

Comment

It’s hilarious how triggered you idiots are

You would all be ****ting yourselves at the thought of sailing across an ocean and speaking to the UN

Comment

Working...
                      X