Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Atheist always get humiliated if they debate a scholar?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    I don't know annie... could a man stand on a cloud? wouldn't he fall down? I figure it took him a few more weeks at least!
    "And on the seventh day he rested."

Lazy twat needed a day off.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      What I mean by "God" as it relates here, is an intelligent, sentient being that purposefully created and intentionally set forth in motion the creation of our known universe. The hypothetical fact pattern of the alien would support my theory of intelligent design rather than the scientific theory of spontaneous combustion and random occurrences.

The big bang is not God, the big bang was caused by God. God is the First Cause.
      Well I didn't really mean the alien....I meant alienS. Like what if more than one created the world. Would there then be GodS instead of a God?

And also what I meant is that the big bang theory doesn't require that there be a God. I don't see how you can give the last part of your response confidently when that can't be confirmed. Anyway, here is a short article about the big bang theory not requiring a God, so you know what I mean. But don't get me wrong. If you are just stating your opinion, you are certainly entitled to it and I respect your opinion. And also, it's not that I'm saying you're wrong. I'm just saying it can't be something we are certain about.

The Big Bang Didn't Need God to Start Universe, Researchers Say

https://www.space.com/16281-big-bang...n-science.html

Comment

T what you will find is that a good deal of God comes down to a reduction in causality, and an idea of perfection of form. Most medieval thinking that came from either Aristotle or Plato, was taken up by Aquinas and St. Agustine and either dealt with God as a first cause, or God as the ultimate perfection of form.

So, for Aquinas, vis a vis Aristotle God became the proverbial "first cause." For Plato, vis a vis, Augustine, for every earthly form, like a triangle for example, there was literally a place (Heaven?) where a perfect triangle existed. Meanwhile on earth we could only approximate such perfection.

This thinking was challenged by modern thinking but, an idea like the Big Bang brings us back to this notion of a first cause. Our thinking has been fractured because the BIG Bang is great as far as explaining big things like galaxies, black holes, etc... But when we look at things at the Quantum level, we need a whole new way of looking at intelligence. God becomes the odds maker and all actions become a question of possibility based on the observer's perspective (which literally changes reality...Literally! scientific fact).

Einstein was alleged to be scared s h itless regarding Quantum theory. Truly God works in mysterious ways lol.
        Good post as usual, bro! It seems to me that we can always state that if we trace the creation of the world back to its origin, we will always reach a point where we can say that what came before should be labeled "God," but in my opinion what that thing would be is so beyond anything we would be able to comprehend, so why even worry about it?

I will say that I have a hunch that what is ultimately responsible for creating the world would be very, very different from what most people believe "God" to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
          And everything you said is just by chance right? Everything is a one in a billion chance of happening. Starting from the big bang. But they just keep happening perfectly. The fact that we are alive defies the laws of science. The odds are to great for everything to be lucky. Stacks up to neat
          It's chance influenced by survival of the fittest, why do you think wolves are bigger in Alaska than other areas? You either don't want to understand or are not intelligent enough to understand the concept.

You should read in to it because from your arguments I can tell you don't know much about it. Maybe then you can come back with some arguments to make me question it.

You believe God gave us all free will right? What are the odds of every human since Adam and Eve to making their life choices, relocating, pairing up having children rinsing and repeating until the your parent meet and produce you. Then everything in your life happens as you choose from all the different possibilities to have you posting here.

It's pretty crazy and can only be due to chance if you believe God gave us all free will. The odds aren't lucky, it's just the way things have happened.

Comment

If god didnt exist then why did all the religions write their holy book and atheiests not write anything to oppose ir warn people against it

Hell , even satanism has a book

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
              If god didnt exist then why did all the religions write their holy book and atheiests not write anything to oppose ir warn people against it
              come on man u can do better than this

athiests dont have a book therefore god exists

lmao

Comment

God could have caused the big bang. To me, that's the only plausible possibility. What, besides God, could have caused all of this? That's the question I can't rectify, and seemingly, neither can the scientists.

I will never believe the universe, and all forms of life, are the result of spontaneous combustion and favorable, yet random, mutations.
                since it was a giant bomb, it was probably a chemical reaction of elements

Comment

Atheists are looking for a very particular kind of evidence. What if paranormal type situations cannot occur in a controlled setting? What if scientific inquiry has limits that do not allow certain propositions to be addressed?

As an atheist, i will publickly apologize to you and all skeptics/atheists, etc if you can answer me one simple question ok? When I say in my brain as I am typing to you "Lift your arm" (Note: I just lifted my right arm up) where does the thought originate from? and how does a mere thought become a physical action?

What would you be apologising for?

Id say that thought originated in your brain. Somewhere.

In general i think atheists are looking for evidence that can be verified.
                  If a person hasnt had a paranormal experience, then its reasonable for them to be skeptical given the lack of "evidence".

I dont think atheism is a belief system at all. I cant see it. If something cant be proven scientifically, that deosnt mean it doesnt exist, but it is reasonable to lack a belief in it.

Comment

To me, without God, it turns into the story of the magic rock that somehow appeared, somehow began moving, somehow created a source of heat, and somehow developed life, without any guidance, direction, or design.

To me, without an explanation of the cause, the theory turns into, "I don't know, but take my word for it..."
                    The way i see it is like this...

With or without God the evidence for the event (big bang) is unchanged.
                    Id say there is good science behind how planets form and can generate heat. I dont see any magic in there.

The idea of God designing and directing things to me makes little sense given the history of the universe and our planet.
                    The long processes from gasses to stars to the formation of the heavy elements to planets etc etc. The time and violence.
                    With life it seems like its eat or be eaten. So much extinction and natural disasters.

But we've been through this.
                    Like you said, no need to go over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      The way i see it is like this...

With or without God the evidence for the event (big bang) is unchanged.
                      Id say there is good science behind how planets form and can generate heat. I dont see any magic in there.

The idea of God designing and directing things to me makes little sense given the history of the universe and our planet.
                      The long processes from gasses to stars to the formation of the heavy elements to planets etc etc. The time and violence.
                      With life it seems like its eat or be eaten. So much extinction and natural disasters.

But we've been through this.
                      Like you said, no need to go over it.

You are one of the most reasonable guys here. I respect that.

Comment

Working...
                      X