No announcement yet.

Anyone ever look at the moon and think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever look at the moon and think

How in the hell did we get there in 1969?

Where are the tapes?

Why can't we go back?

Seriously our tech is so amazing right now (mind blowing actually) and we still can't send a man into orbit

Once mankind figured out how to fly, anything beyond that was simply down to figuring out the math/science behind going a farther distance.

Earth to the moon is 240k miles, and crossing the country is all of 3k miles. 80 times coast-to-coast is a lot, but not an impossibility.

I know for a fact that Houston to Lagos is a flight that covers 6500 miles, and that's basically a regular direct flight with next to no issues .

Perspective is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

Where are the tapes?

Why can't we go back?

Seriously our tech is so amazing right now (mind blowing actually) and we still can't send a man into orbit
      We got there with the help of thousands of scientists and engineers.

Tapes? You must of seen videos of the landing?

We can go back but its expensive and risky and they need a very good reason to go back when they went there repeatedly already.

People are in orbit all the time inside of the ISS.

Comment

By youtube, I've catched up with every launch of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo.

Every flight was a lethal mission, 'cause every flight tested something that never had been tested before.

Make a list of real men and the astronauts of those days will finish on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post

Where are the tapes?

Why can't we go back?

get this....

despite being a MASSIVE organisation... and despite having more than 50 YEARS experience... and despite somehow consuming TRILLIONS of US taxpayer dollars since 1969...

NASA... had to hire Elon Musk to teach them how to fly a rocket

it really is funny when you think about it

Comment

are there still people who believe that... " fly to the moon "... story ?

Comment

There's no (immediate) money in it. More money is to be made selling beer to fat NFL fans or selling the latest cell phone to millions of zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
                By youtube, I've catched up with every launch of Mercury, Gemini and Apollo.

Every flight was a lethal mission, 'cause every flight tested something that never had been tested before.

Make a list of real men and the astronauts of those days will finish on top.

For sure. I'd freak out and cry like a ***** if I was in a rocket taking off to outer space. Those guys are freaking legends, totally brave and also smart as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                  For sure. I'd freak out and cry like a ***** if I was in a rocket taking off to outer space. Those guys are freaking legends, totally brave and also smart as hell.

yea, they're great

the... " fly to the moon "... story... is right up there with the lochness monster and bigfoot

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
                    I'd freak out and cry like a ***** if I was in a rocket taking off to outer space.
                    And you shouldn’t underestimate the first launch of the space shuttle.

BBC listed it as the #1 most dangerous launch, because it was the first time you hadn’t the alternative of an unmanned test launch.
                    The space shuttle required humans inside it to function, so John Young/Bob Crippen were picked to see if the shuttle worked.

Comment

Working...
                    X