No announcement yet.

Texas teacher under fire for telling Hispanic student to ‘speak English’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Unless the class is called ''foreign language appreciation'', let's stick with English. The language every ''American'' should know by heart.
    Serious question, should Native Americans that don't speak English be forced to speak it?

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      Serious question, should Native Americans that don't speak English be forced to speak it?
      I have to wonder how many do not speak English today with the exception of a few elders? My answer would be, if they live strictly on a reservation and have no intention of working or living off the reservation then no, they shouldn't be forced to speak English, especially if being schooled on the reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I have to wonder how many do not speak English today with the exception of a few elders? My answer would be, if they live strictly on a reservation and have no intention of working or living off the reservation then no, they shouldn't be forced to speak English, especially if being schooled on the reservation.
        That's bullshit and you know it. This is their country. They should feely be able to speak whatever language they want without you white colonizers telling them what language they should speak.

Funny how Latinos are the only ones being singled out by whites for speaking another language, I bet if you or that teacher would've seen or heard a foreigner that's white, speaking German, Russian, French, whatever, no one would ever dream of telling them to speak "'Murican"

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Back in high school one of my friends had a bluejean jacket with some art (maybe an album cover iirc) sewed on the back. Those were in fashion back then.

It was one from the band SOD, and it said in huge letters, "Speak English Or Die".

They'd never let a kid wear that these days.
          A modern day liberal's head would explode if the actually looked into that band lol. One of their best songs is "**** the Middle East".

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
            i hope the dumb f.cks at the League of United Latin American Citizens realize that spanish is a European language spoken primarily by whites in Spain. but yeah go play the race card anyway.
            Dude. Seriously.

Spanish is primarily spoken by brown/black people. I’d say is easily 10x. The carribean, north, central and South America dwarf Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              How dare this woman expect a student to speak English in an English speaking country. She is supposed to conform to them, they don't have to assimilate
              The USA is a Spanish speaking country too. What gives?

Comment

That's bullshit and you know it. This is their country. They should feely be able to speak whatever language they want without you white colonizers telling them what language they should speak.

Funny how Latinos are the only ones being singled out by whites for speaking another language, I bet if you or that teacher would've seen or heard a foreigner that's white, speaking German, Russian, French, whatever, no one would ever dream of telling them to speak "'Murican"
                Well, that went downhill quickly, LMAO! Couldn't handle an intelligent discussion huh? Thanks for the assumptions, but no, I wouldn't have a problem with a teacher telling someone to stop speaking German, Italian, Polish or whatever. Next time you ask a question, be prepared for an answer you don't agree with and then be prepared to discuss it like an adult, not a triggered snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  Why was it wrong to speak Spanish/what harm was done? Not a sarcastic question.
                  Your not racist. You won’t understand.

Comment

Say word son. Greent.

Comment

Another issue is waving flags.

The right get their panties in a bunch over Latinos waving their ethnic flags. They hate it when mexican wave Mexican flags. Your in a America wave the American flag.

It’s all good when Irish flags are waved and bag pipes are blaring doe...

Comment

Working...
                      X