Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come dudes can pickup football really late and make the NFL, but not the NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Hockey.....Jocks On Ice
    They make $61k per game
    NFL make $169k per

With just 16 games in a season, NFL generates $10 billion...making it the king of sports in America.

If you want boring, look no further than the worlds most popular sport....soccer.

Find a round ball and start kicking
    Practically zero skill or equipment required. That's why everyone plays it....because everyone can
    Who cares how much they make or how much money the sport generates? We're talking which sport is more physical.

'Zero equipment required' only an American could say that and not realize how hilarious and ridiculous they sound.

'That's why everyone plays it....because everyone can' - only an American could say that when the conversation is about sport and think its a bad thing.

I won't even touch the skill part. It's not even debatble which sport's athletes are more skilled. As well as more creative, athletic and have better endurance. You know, things that actually matter in sports, unlike what kind of equipment they use.

I could start listing how much top football players make compared to NFL since you care about things like that, but that would just makes you depressed and I'm not that kind of person.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      NFL doesn’t take much skills outside of the "skill positions" that's why 90% of the roster are replaceable
      This. I can tackle, I can run, and I can block people. There’s a few football positions I can play.

I have a great jump shot, but can’t dribble worth ****. There are zero basketball positions I can play.

Comment

Average attendance per game -
        NFL 64K
        MLB 29K
        NBA 18K
        NHL 17K
        You’re aware that the average NHL stadium is 18k right? NHL and NBA teams share their arena so it’s kind of stupid to compare the numbers to pro football.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          You’re aware that the average NHL stadium is 18k right? NHL and NBA teams share their arena so it’s kind of stupid to compare the numbers to pro football.
          Ok, what is the max capacity of NBA NHL games ???

I have a feeling you just love arguing with me......

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            Who cares how much they make or how much money the sport generates? We're talking which sport is more physical.

'Zero equipment required' only an American could say that and not realize how hilarious and ridiculous they sound.

'That's why everyone plays it....because everyone can' - only an American could say that when the conversation is about sport and think its a bad thing.

I won't even touch the skill part. It's not even debatble which sport's athletes are more skilled. As well as more creative, athletic and have better endurance. You know, things that actually matter in sports, unlike what kind of equipment they use.

I could start listing how much top football players make compared to NFL since you care about things like that, but that would just makes you depressed and I'm not that kind of person.
            You do everything but refute what I type.

Thanks

Comment

You do everything but refute what I type.

Thanks
              That's you comeback? Lol.

I actually refuted everything you said, starting with reasons why NFL isn't popular worldwide, then you deflected and started talking about money which wasn't the topic, and now when proven wrong again and left with nothing to deflect, you quit.

Weak.

Comment

Ok, what is the max capacity of NBA NHL games ???

I have a feeling you just love arguing with me......
                Don’t you live in the states? I assumed you’d been to a hockey/basketball game.

Depends on the stadium. Air Canada Center in toronto’s maximum capacity is just under 18000 while the united center in Chicago is about 21000 which I believe is the biggest stadium. You can get more into a basketball game since people sit on the floor though.

EDIT - here’s a link. I was wrong about the UC. I forgot they removed a bunch of seats a few years ago for a bar.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...as_by_capacity

Comment

Grueling.......

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    That's you comeback? Lol.

I actually refuted everything you said, starting with reasons why NFL isn't popular worldwide, then you deflected and started talking about money which wasn't the topic, and now when proven wrong again and left with nothing to deflect, you quit.

Weak.
                    You gave opinions.....weak AF, too

Comment

You gave opinions.....weak AF, too
                      And I guess you saying NFL is not popular worldwide because it's too physical is a fact, huh?

Comment

Working...
                      X