No announcement yet.

3X Super Bowl Champion Richard Seymore 35/354 in WSOP Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3X Super Bowl Champion Richard Seymore 35/354 in WSOP Main Event

Always some interesting random names from other spheres that pop up going deep in this tournament.

This year it looks like its Patriots DT Richard Seymore. Apparently he's been working on poker for a few years & taking it seriously.

He's entering day 5 of 10 35th with 354 players remaining of the starting 8,569.

$10M up top for the winner.

nice, you used to play poker right?

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      nice, you used to play poker right?
      Yessir.

Been paying more attention to poker world sh^t lately after a 7 year lapse.

Comment

Also other random mfers people might know Actor Kevin Pollak cashed for 986th for $15.9k.

And Jean Robert Bellande aka "Action Bob" who was on season 15 of Survivor (got 8th place) although is & has been mostly known as a poker player got 415th for $30.7k.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Always some interesting random names from other spheres that pop up going deep in this tournament.

This year it looks like its Patriots DT Richard Seymore. Apparently he's been working on poker for a few years & taking it seriously.

He's entering day 5 of 10 35th with 354 players remaining of the starting 8,569.

$10M up top for the winner.
          This is a pretty cool story. Richard was a beast in the NFL.

I'm gonna play this tournament sooner or later.

Comment

Always wanted to go play the Main Event. Convincing the wife to let me roll the dice on 10k though, has been problematic lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              Always wanted to go play the Main Event. Convincing the wife to let me roll the dice on 10k though, has been problematic lol.
              They got 1k one table satellites into it. She let you roll the dice for 1k on the chance to roll the dice for 10k?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                They got 1k one table satellites into it. She let you roll the dice for 1k on the chance to roll the dice for 10k?
                My local game keeps a leader board for the year and the winner gets a Main Event buy in. That will be my only path to the Main, I fear lol. She hates poker, and poker isn't legal here and she has in her head some picture of a seedy club where anarchy can occur at any moment lol. Never mind that the club I go to is run very professionally, but logic and women don't always align and you have to pick your battles.

Comment

My local game keeps a leader board for the year and the winner gets a Main Event buy in. That will be my only path to the Main, I fear lol. She hates poker, and poker isn't legal here and she has in her head some picture of a seedy club where anarchy can occur at any moment lol. Never mind that the club I go to is run very professionally, but logic and women don't always align and you have to pick your battles.
                  She's smart. Poker used to be a profitable game in the golden years circa 2003-2009 because of all of the dumbass fish that had no idea how to play giving up money like a hooker giving up ass on crenshaw blvd on a hot friday night.

Fast forward to 2019. There are very rarely any fish and everyone plays super tight.

You should find another game.

Poker has been dead for the average joe.

Comment

Lol standard. Idk why people still have such a negative opinion on poker. Back in the day maybe. Today its a bunch of math dorks or mfers who try to live optimal all day long to the point of owning treadmill desks n sh^t.

And yea the home game wsop seat thing was gonna be my 2nd suggestion, but I wasn't sure how deep in the game you were or the access to like minded people you had. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X