No announcement yet.

Why don't NFL players make NBA money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't NFL players make NBA money?

I see all of these NFL players on social media low key kind of jealous of NBA players contracts even MLB players get bigger contract

Why the NFL not paying these guys? Are NFL players less valuable than athletes in other sports?

16 games vs 80+ games
    50+ NFL players + a bunch of coaches and staff vs less than 20 NBA players and a handful of coaches/staff

Where's the revenue going to come from ?

NFL stars get paid, on average, as much as other sports stars do.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      16 games vs 80+ games
      50+ NFL players + a bunch of coaches and staff vs less than 20 NBA players and a handful of coaches/staff

Where's the revenue going to come from ?

NFL stars get paid, on average, as much as other sports stars do.
      NFL generates more money than the NBA the number of games and live gate are irrelevant TV contracts and sponsorships are where the money is at

Also they don't make anywhere close to other sports star money J.J. Watt is on a 6 years $100M contract and it's not even guaranteed meaning is up to the teams if they want to honor it compare that to NBA players contracts

Comment

Most of the money is goes to the owners & other suits and ties like Roger Goodell

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          NFL generates more money than the NBA the number of games and live gate are irrelevant TV contracts and sponsorships are where the money is at

Also they don't make anywhere close to other sports star money J.J. Watt is on a 6 years $100M contract and it's not even guaranteed meaning is up to the teams if they want to honor it compare that to NBA players contracts
          NFL Average Salary: $2 million (or 125k a game)
          10,250,000 per year in an NBA season.

Also, NFL has 3 teams to pay and dozens of staff.

I asked Google for some help.....

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/7/...ck-mike-conley
          (As of 2016)

Comment

The nbapa does a great job of bargaining on the players behalf on the Cba. NFLpa fold every lockout

Comment

Also side note the NFL is only Popular in America really while the NBA is global... soccer( or football as it known around the globe) players make more then them all.

So basically it’s the most popular sport in America vs the second most popular that also is top 5 globally.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                Also side note the NFL is only Popular in America really while the NBA is global... soccer( or football as it known around the globe) players make more then them all.

So basically it’s the most popular sport in America vs the second most popular that also is top 5 globally.
                NFL is branching out. Euros don't seem to be against it. They're just not familiar with it.

If NFL does make it's way to the East, the rankings will change.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
                  NFL is branching out. Euros don't seem to be against it. They're just not familiar with it.

If NFL does make it's way to the East, the rankings will change.
                  In japan, rugby is bigger... it seems to me that, the NFL hasn’t caught on. Soccer was a fringe sport here 40 years ago... baseball is over 100 years popular in japan..

If I go to a Brit pub in Tokyo, and the super bowl is on, they’ll watch dudes throw darts on all the screens instead.
                  Or cricket...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    In japan, rugby is bigger... it seems to me that, the NFL hasn’t caught on. Soccer was a fringe sport here 40 years ago... baseball is over 100 years popular in japan..

If I go to a Brit pub in Tokyo, and the super bowl is on, they’ll watch dudes throw darts on all the screens instead.
                    Or cricket...
                    NFL hasn't pushed hard enough, YET, for the East to be fans.

The Super Bowl is popular worldwide.

Comment

Working...
                    X