No announcement yet.

Do you believe Noah's ark happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
    I have less issue with the building of the ark than I do the gathering of the animals. Some of those species would have had to travel 20 thousand kilometres over unfamiliar terrain and with changing dietary requirements. It's a difficult task.
    Then they travelled all the way back. What did the animals eat after the flood?

Comment

I'm not personally a believer/religious, but atheism has suffered a great deal by associating itself with the political left & inheriting those telltale strawman argument techniques.

Historically the overwhelming majority of religious/theological leaders took key aspects of the bible (including the ark) metaphorically rather than literally.

Perhaps "two of every animal" merely referred to a regional population rescuing breeding pairs of the animals they were capable of capturing during a period of flood, it was a miracle in the sense that the audacious plan resulted in the population's survival, and it was gradually romanticized into Biblical canon.

Ironically, modern American/European atheism constitutes by far the largest-ever group to promote a literal rather than metaphorical interpretation of the Bible.

Alleging that everything in the Bible is the direct word of God and alleging that everything in the Bible was just made up out of thin air are both just thinly-veiled attempts to insult your conversation partner's intelligence.

Larry — humans didn't "evolve from apes". Humans are apes. We are biologically classified as apes and share a common extinct ancestor.

To say we "evolved from apes" is like saying "Chinese evolved from Indians". They share a common extinct ancestor and went down different evolutionary paths. This causes people to really misunderstand Out-of-Africa theory as well, and think everyone came from (modern) Africans, when it refers to an extinct shared ancestor.

You can belong to the same life branch without one of you being the 2.0 version of the other.
      Last edited by ////; 07-05-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          He brought two off every kind.... do you know what a kind is? You are a Mr. Darwin fanboy can’t read Hebrew,

Again... get some real scholarly info... please.... learn Greek, Hebrew, read the Bible...

OMG, stop watching YouTube videos... most of the flood water came from where? Not the rain... if you would refrain from making your opinions known,

Please do some research,,,. ,.., be smarter than me,

I’m way beyond you, and I’m a dummy...

Oh,, you saw a movie... got it..
          And the rock he stands upon is not a rock, it is FREEDOM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
            And the rock he stands upon is not a rock, it is FREEDOM!!!!
            Can’t argue with that truth.... well said..very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                I have less issue with the building of the ark than I do the gathering of the animals. Some of those species would have had to travel 20 thousand kilometres over unfamiliar terrain and with changing dietary requirements. It's a difficult task.

Yeah and it's like, was Noah a frickin lion tamer and snake whisperer too or how did he get all those things aboard without dying.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  He brought two off every kind.... do you know what a kind is? You are a Mr. Darwin fanboy can’t read Hebrew,

Again... get some real scholarly info... please.... learn Greek, Hebrew, read the Bible...

OMG, stop watching YouTube videos... most of the flood water came from where? Not the rain... if you would refrain from making your opinions known,
                  Please do some research,,,. ,.., be smarter than me,
                  I’m way beyond you, and I’m a dummy...

Oh,, you saw a movie... got it..
                  I found the Australian author, Ken Ham provided some interesting biblical insights. It does require some Hebrew and Greek exegesis.

Learning of the "firmament" in regard to the great flood is fascinating.

Comment

I believe it.

Genesis 6:14 - 22

Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Although it was a 1 man job, God was involved in this plan.

So as hard as it is to believe this happened, for God nothing is impossible.

There are many stories of much more humanly impossible things that happened in the Bible, I'm surprise people debate this as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                      I believe it.

Genesis 6:14 - 22

Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

Although it was a 1 man job, God was involved in this plan.

So as hard as it is to believe this happened, for God nothing is impossible.

There are many stories of much more humanly impossible things that happened in the Bible, I'm surprise people debate this as much.

Why did the all powerful god even bother having Noah do it? He could have just created the animals again with the snap of his fingers right?

Comment

Working...
                      X