No announcement yet.

Disney casts black woman as lead actress in The Little Mermaid Remake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Are you guys going to boycott in front of the theatres?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        Black Chucky would be dope! Don't front!

Male50cent

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Some titles would be slightly different.....

Saucy Galz
          Shaftstien
          Ol Killa
          Chucquavious
          Guys In The Burbs

Comment

• I'm amazed that this thread hasn't been locked yet lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
              I'm amazed that this thread hasn't been locked yet lol.
              thread about a ****ing mermaid been going for days now

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
                thread about a ****ing mermaid been going for days now
                These big issues need to be discussed pal

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                    Yeah, Beauty and the Beast, set in old France, but let's put in black people, who look out of place. Look at the Nutcràcker movie that came out a couple of months ago, had Morgan Freeman and some other black guy as the lead. The Nutcràcker, a Russian story, set in Russia, but Disney says fück it, we need blacks in the movie.

The Little Mermaid, is a Danish story, with Danish characters and Disney's like fück you story brah.

Woke twitter is still up in arms about fictional space beings Set and Horus from the Gods of Egypt movie being white, even though they're not from Egypt or Egyptian or from planet Earth!!, but are OK with Heimdall and Valkyrie being black in the Thor movies because "they're fictional space beings who didn't originate on Earth and aren't German or Norse". Fuuuucking What!?!?

Nothing but hypocrites, either you are for race bending or you're not. If you accept Heimdall and Valkyrie, then shut the fück up Gods of Egypt already.
                    This dude gets exactly what I'm talking about.

I think there will be a point where minorities other than blacks will start to question blacks taking all the minority roles and will start to speak up.

I think latinos and asians and middle eastern folk just haven't realized this yet and aren't paying attention.

I think Beauty and the Beast was the point where I had to say, alright, enough of this bullshiiit.

For some perspective...imagine If a minority doesn't make sense, and you still force it. Imagine Beauty and the Beast with an Aztec Mexican looking motherfuker in it...in old time France which is the targeted setting?

My point is, don't force the role, and if the role is open to a minority, open it up for other types of people, not just blacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                      Yeah, Beauty and the Beast, set in old France, but let's put in black people, who look out of place. Look at the Nutcràcker movie that came out a couple of months ago, had Morgan Freeman and some other black guy as the lead. The Nutcràcker, a Russian story, set in Russia, but Disney says fück it, we need blacks in the movie.

The Little Mermaid, is a Danish story, with Danish characters and Disney's like fück you story brah.

Woke twitter is still up in arms about fictional space beings Set and Horus from the Gods of Egypt movie being white, even though they're not from Egypt or Egyptian or from planet Earth!!, but are OK with Heimdall and Valkyrie being black in the Thor movies because "they're fictional space beings who didn't originate on Earth and aren't German or Norse". Fuuuucking What!?!?

Nothing but hypocrites, either you are for race bending or you're not. If you accept Heimdall and Valkyrie, then shut the fück up Gods of Egypt already.
                      you care about this way too much

poor guy got his princess movie ruined

Comment

Working...
                      X