Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you vote for president who will give $1000/month to all adults

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid idea. Basically just giving more money to the jobless at the expense of the working. Where do you think the money would come from? Sky high taxes.

Comment

We should just up it to like $1M a month. Then we can be like Venezuela carrying around wheelbarrows full of cash

Comment

Butler’s janitorial skills helped NASA land on an Asteroid...
        his mop wringing skills, and windex spraying skills are legendary..

My homie DARKSEID >>> B.UTLER
        Butler takes an azz whopping and keeps on ticking.

I wonder what province he’s from..

What I hate about Darkseid, is this “he will turn down Filipina wimmin you clowns would worship and marry”

I know dudes like him... they piss me off.
        Butler.... is doing the best he can, in life.. respect butler.

I like both dudes.

Comment

Hell no, that would ruin an entire country and economy.

I'd rather donate 1000 into having a guy like that assassinated.

Comment

The value of the US dollar would instantaneously collapse.

Food/retail/etc workers would quit en masse and the wages required to entice them back to work would destroy any semblance of profitability for physical stores.

They would close down, vacate massive plots of land across the country and destroy the commercial realestate market.

There would be a mass exodus of wealthy people and corporate HQs from the US in anticipation of where the government will get more free money once simply inventing it for a couple of years ceases to work.

I think it's going to happen anyway.

The country has been flooded so quickly with people/cultures who have no inkling of how a market economy functions. Long-term political polling is extremely dismal.

We are going to end up like Venezeula who "broke up those fat-cat oil cronies and gave all the money to the people". Who then dumped it in the street by the literal dumpster load because it was worth less than blank printer paper.

I used to laugh at CT types with an overseas bugout plan and half of their savings in gold/cryptocurrency/whatever but they are no longer CTs. They are doctors and lawyers just facing the music.
            Last edited by ////; 06-28-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Sounds great.

Will make everything fairer.

Why should some get free stuff and other don't

This way everyone gets the same level of welfare.

Comment

I hope you like the idea of a robot AI taking your jobs.

Comment

I'm not voting for anything til we are getting the ability to vote for more sh^t ourselves & we get some of those old rich mfers unemployed from the government.

Comment

Not that I agree with the UBI, but it's funny to think how much different this thread would look if it was instead about saving $1000/mo on your taxes lol. No one would be talking about inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      Not that I agree with the UBI, but it's funny to think how much different this thread would look if it was instead about saving $1000/mo on your taxes lol. No one would be talking about inflation.
                      Those would be two totally different things in every way, so of course the thread would look different. Incentivizing productivity by keeping earned income in the hands of its earner would likely have the opposite economic effect VS pointlessly circulating money through an inefficient apparatus, losing tons of it via government entropy then redistributing it mostly to non-workers to incentivize them to continue not working.

Comment

Working...
                      X