Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am currently in Dubai. Been here for a few days any questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=TheGR8TESTOAT;19852851]
    Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
    Basic facts.

They have rolexs here mad cheap.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JcLazyX210 again.

Thanks for posting this bro we might squeeze in Dubai on our next big guys trip.

How much are rolexes than bro? like to make the math easy. How much is a $5,000 Rolex USD over there?

Shat if I can get a $5,000 Rolex for $1,700.00 over there Im buying one! lol

Also have you gone to the world's tallest building yet? If so how much was it and is it worth it?

Can me and my crew holler at chicks on the beach and bars or is that looked down upon by their community? I read somewhere that legally you can only smash your wife over there or something insane like that.
    The rolexs are used. If that's not a issue for you, they sell for $10,000 AED which is around $2,000 USD ( American Dollars ).

Which is still a very good deal. They also buy solid gold watches.

They also got used Omega and Petek.

You can see the world's tallest building from the highway and from most part of city. I wanted to go until i realized the cheapest rate is around $30 bucks and it that doesn't take you to the top. Of you want to go to the top top of the building and get food included you are looking at around $80-100 USD per person. This is when Dubai starts to add up. They try to over charge tourist for any things. You take a picture at a tourist site they try to sell you your picture for $45 bucks USD. I think i rather pay to see it the next time i return to Dubai.

Yes you can holler at tourist women easy. There's three groups of tourist. Ones that are couples, other is families and last is drunk UK girls that are there on a girls trip.

Now you know better to holler at a local Arabic women. Just go after the white and black women ( most likely African or UK) and you are fine. Most Asian women are immagrant workers.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      Are the hotels affordable tho? good accommodations? I plab to visit some day but my biggest concern beyond the long ass flight is the hotel fares I heard them hotels out there are A1 but cost a arm and a leg
      The hotels are reasonable. It's not crazy expensive. Now if you like to drink then you will pay a arm and a leg. A beer will run you around $9-10 for a Heineken. I dont drink anymore but i seen the prices. Hotel food is also not cheap. If you are going single you should be good. Shopping and doing activities can add up. Taxis cost can add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
        How do they treat Christians tourists? Are they in danger?

I won't be going with a big sign to let everyone know, but if I could be a risk then why bother visiting...

Might hit Israel though
        I am Christian.

European tourist are Christian from Italy and Spain. Never ran into any problems. Don't ask don't tell.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tomjas;19853189]
          Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

Rolexes are not cheap in Dubai anymore

I can literally get a better price at a shopping centre in Australia while Hong Kong is the cheapest (10% off standard price)
          Well for us Americans. $2,000 for a Rolex is a pretty decent price. Plus you get free taxes on it. America is expensive. We would be paying 7% sales tax on top of the price depending on your home state.

Also Americans living on the east coast. China is not a cheap flight. And most people don't have China on their top vacation list. Now maybe Macau but not China and Hong Kong is basically it's own country after the British released it. However that's not a place i would pay to visit. Now on a business trip that's fine.
          Last edited by Removed Now; 06-23-2019, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
            rolex mad cheap you say, legit ones?
            Used Rolex watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Crying Brandon View Post
              Can I walk around while rocking an iced out crucifix around my neck or would that put my life in danger?

Also did your wifey get to meet Lindsay Lohan??
              Nobody in Dubai would bother you.

No she didn't.

Comment

Here´s a few facts about Rolex and Dubai

I lived there for nearly 10 years, go back regularly and was recently in the market for one

5 years ago, Dubai was the cheapest place in the world to buy a Rolex and you could pick up a Submariner for 10k

But that has all changed

Firstly, the economy is trash so the government introduced sales tax

Secondly, Rolex has a production capacity of about 1.1 million per year and demand out of China alone is 2 million per year

As a result, a new Submariner is now up to double that and there´s places which are significantly cheaper than Dubai (e.g. Hong Kong)

You can find the odd used bargain in Dubai BUT no warranty and service can cost up to $1000 plus there´s lots of fakes

If it looks too good to be true then it usually is

Comment

[QUOTE=JcLazyX210;19853710]
                  Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post

The rolexs are used. If that's not a issue for you, they sell for $10,000 AED which is around $2,000 USD ( American Dollars ).

Which is still a very good deal. They also buy solid gold watches.

They also got used Omega and Petek.

You can see the world's tallest building from the highway and from most part of city. I wanted to go until i realized the cheapest rate is around $30 bucks and it that doesn't take you to the top. Of you want to go to the top top of the building and get food included you are looking at around $80-100 USD per person. This is when Dubai starts to add up. They try to over charge tourist for any things. You take a picture at a tourist site they try to sell you your picture for $45 bucks USD. I think i rather pay to see it the next time i return to Dubai.

Yes you can holler at tourist women easy. There's three groups of tourist. Ones that are couples, other is families and last is drunk UK girls that are there on a girls trip.

Now you know better to holler at a local Arabic women. Just go after the white and black women ( most likely African or UK) and you are fine. Most Asian women are immagrant workers.
                  yeah bro we were thinking of the Dubai airport as theres an official Rolex store there duty free so no taxes. but yea if I can get a legit Rolex for $2,000 Im down. I didn't know those were used tho? usually the Rolex store has new rolexes?

Yeah I also heard its like $100 to go to the top of the Burj Kalifa not sure that be worth $100.

also probably the view of it from the outside might even look better for pictures so we might just go right under it and shoot a selfie with it behind us.

Yeah we were thinking the girls we'd end up smashing would be UK or Aussies as whenever we look at IG its usually those chicks doing the selfies there.

How do you get around taxis? are they expensive? do they accept USD bro?

Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=TheGR8TESTOAT;19853816]
                    Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post

yeah bro we were thinking of the Dubai airport as theres an official Rolex store there duty free so no taxes. but yea if I can get a legit Rolex for $2,000 Im down. I didn't know those were used tho? usually the Rolex store has new rolexes?

Yeah I also heard its like $100 to go to the top of the Burj Kalifa not sure that be worth $100.

also probably the view of it from the outside might even look better for pictures so we might just go right under it and shoot a selfie with it behind us.

Yeah we were thinking the girls we'd end up smashing would be UK or Aussies as whenever we look at IG its usually those chicks doing the selfies there.

How do you get around taxis? are they expensive? do they accept USD bro?

Thanks!
                    Check out Luxury Closet for price of used Rolex in Dubai

Airport is expensive for everything other than booze

Local currency tied to USD so can’t be ripped off on exchange unless you’re stupid as it’s same everywhere unless private exchange

Costs $150 to enter Burj but you get f & b credit for same amount in hotel

Thing that is really cheap is gold jewellery as you pay by weight not workmanship

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                      Here´s a few facts about Rolex and Dubai

I lived there for nearly 10 years, go back regularly and was recently in the market for one

5 years ago, Dubai was the cheapest place in the world to buy a Rolex and you could pick up a Submariner for 10k

But that has all changed

Firstly, the economy is trash so the government introduced sales tax

Secondly, Rolex has a production capacity of about 1.1 million per year and demand out of China alone is 2 million per year

As a result, a new Submariner is now up to double that and there´s places which are significantly cheaper than Dubai (e.g. Hong Kong)

You can find the odd used bargain in Dubai BUT no warranty and service can cost up to $1000 plus there´s lots of fakes

If it looks too good to be true then it usually is
                      The government gives tourist free tax. You get it back at the duty section.

I am strictly talking about used real rolexes in the gold market section.
                      Last edited by Removed Now; 06-24-2019, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X