Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am currently in Dubai. Been here for a few days any questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the top of the Burj Kahlifa is weak. You switch elevators at some point, and the second ride to the top has no windows. Then you get there, and you are on a time limit to look around (with lots of other tourists all stinking from sweating), then you go back down, all the while thinking, "did I just spend $130 dollars for this?" Not worth it.

Comment

• What's the food like over there ?
      Is the faucet water drinkable ?
      How about the laws ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
        Going to the top of the Burj Kahlifa is weak. You switch elevators at some point, and the second ride to the top has no windows. Then you get there, and you are on a time limit to look around (with lots of other tourists all stinking from sweating), then you go back down, all the while thinking, "did I just spend $130 dollars for this?" Not worth it.
        Dam. I knew it wasn't worth the money. I got enjoyment just by seeing it on the highway and also from my resort for free lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
          What's the food like over there ?
          Is the faucet water drinkable ?
          How about the laws ?
          Why would you travel all the way to Dubai and drink faucet water. I live in America and i don't drink faucet water. Faucet water is just for brushing your teeth, dog water and making ice lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
            Why would you travel all the way to Dubai and drink faucet water. I live in America and i don't drink faucet water. Faucet water is just for brushing your teeth, dog water and making ice lol.
            USA

People are so gullible.
            Gullible people are why bottled water is a 20 billion dollar business

https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-1119...ter-again.html

There was this one blind taste test where people had to pick the better tasting water out of 3 choices.
            2 were high end water ( )
            1 was tap.
            Most picked tap.
            It was almost unanimous.
            A couple of the people were actually upset at being gullible.

I'm most curious if they have a version of Montezuma's Revenge over there...

If I were to visit, should I pack my Brita set up ?

What about the food ?
            Can't enjoy a vacation if the food is stank.

And how are the laws ?

The other 2 questions in that post.

Comment

USA

People are so gullible.

There was this one blind taste test where people had to pick the better tasting water out of 3 choices.
              1 was tap.
              Most picked tap.
              It was almost unanimous.

What about the food ?

And how are the laws ?

I know bottle water is a scam. I have a degree in marketing. I just don't drink stink water because it turns my stomach if it's not cold. The only water i really drink is seltzer water or sprinkling water because it cuts my craving of drinking beer which i quit drinking.

You will not need to bring a breta and it's nothing like Mexico. You will be fine.

The food is good. Maybe different options.

Comment

• Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                Yes it hot outside. It stays hot it's a desert.
                What's the foot scene like down there bro?

Are they all out in the open or do they have them shyts covered up for religious reasons and what not

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  What's the foot scene like down there bro?

Are they all out in the open or do they have them shyts covered up for religious reasons and what not
                  Umm they wear shoes. But the tourist have flip flops. Honestly i didn't see any good feet out there.

Comment

USA

People are so gullible.

1 was tap.
                    Most picked tap.
                    It was almost unanimous.

What about the food ?

And how are the laws ?

Water is desalinated so perfectly fine to drink from tap
                    but bottled water costs virtually nothing anyway

Food is brilliant

Laws are basically the same as anywhere but punishment can be much more severe

However, cops generally don’t want to put people in jail for menial stuff as it’s bad publicity

I have seen many drunks put into cabs by the police when legally they could be facing jail time

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                      Water is desalinated so perfectly fine to drink from tap
                      but bottled water costs virtually nothing anyway

Food is brilliant

Laws are basically the same as anywhere but punishment can be much more severe

However, cops generally don’t want to put people in jail for menial stuff as it’s bad publicity

I have seen many drunks put into cabs by the police when legally they could be facing jail time
                      Thanks

I've known people who got sick drinking tap water in some foreign countries.

And people don't understand how important the food game is when visiting foreign countries. Me, I'm not an adventurous eater by any means. Not one to try ''new'' things food wise.

As for laws, being an American, some cops will want to make an example out of a misbehaving yankee. I'm not into drugs or foreign whores so that cuts down my chances of getting into trouble. Hopefully trannys are outlawed there.

Comment

Working...
                      X