No announcement yet.

In Corona ca- off duty officer shoots a retaard and his parents at Costco

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
    I know a few cops. None carry off duty. Liability is too great. Their work place insurance doesn’t cover off duty shootings.

Sure they arrest a lot of people. That’s why a majority of cops don’t live in the city they patrol. Many do however.

It’s my experience/view is that cops who carry off duty are the trigger happy type. The type that can’t wait to use it. Like this guy was. These guys shouldn’t even be in the force. I suspect they will let him go. He’s going to get sued to death and is in danger of going to jail.

If he didn’t have the gun he would have just kicked this guys azz and arrested him. No one dead at Costco. Smh. Can’t go anywhere these damn day without the risk of being shot. And it doesn’t matter by whom., thug, but, or cops.
    Dont do stupid **** and you wont get shot.

You always say this chit. I have three cops as buddies and all carry off duty. You think they want to run into that thug that just got out on the street that the cop put in jail without a gun?
    How dumb can you be? You know they do offer insurance for this sort of thing right?

My gym buddy will not go shooting with me. He hates guns but carries 24/7 on or off duty.

Comment

Tough to comment without video. Not unusual for cops to carry off duty. It certainly helped a retired NUC cop on the subway recently when confronted by a man with a baseball bat. Fortunately no one was shot or injured. The gun was enough of a deterrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Word on the street is more people should be carrying guns as to thwart mass shootings and such. ODC's carrying makes a lot of sense.
        Couple more things...

As a kid, we didnt have concealed (or open) carry in Texas. You could carry a gun in your vehicle, but not on your person.

In 1991, the Luby's shooting happened. Texans demanded concealed carry, as many people at the Luby's shooting were arned military personnel. But those people had to leave their weapons in their cars per current laws. Instead of being able to fight back, they became more helpless targets. Us Texans demanded a fix to that.

Ann Richards (D) was Governor. She vetoed concealed carry legislation sent to her. She took the side of the liberals who said such legislation would result in running gunfights on our highways, and shootouts in the streets like in the Old West.

The next Governor election, she lost to W Bush, who then quickly signed concealed carry. (During the campaign, W Bush made this a big issue. To his credit, he kept his word.)

To this day I've never seen a gun battle between cars, nor a shootout at high noon.

Fast forward to a few years ago and the debate was over whether to allow open carry.

The liberals said if the legislation passed, we'd have our street filled with people with pistols on their hips and rifles slung over their backs, and of course we'd be seeing shootouts in the streets between these people.

The legislation passed a few years ago.

To this day I've never seen anyone open carrying, nor have I yet seen a shootout.

Info on the Luby's shooting I referenced:
        https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post

You always say this chit. I have three cops as buddies and all carry off duty. You think they want to run into that thug that just got out on the street that the cop put in jail without a gun?
          How dumb can you be? You know they do offer insurance for this sort of thing right?

My gym buddy will not go shooting with me. He hates guns but carries 24/7 on or off duty.
          Ever notice how the guy who got stone-cold nailed pretending to be a lawyer, all too often has all these friends, family, etc for him to pump out all kinds of anecdotal evidence to buttress his claims, but when it comes to solid data, he's like a fish out of water?

Dude, go to a law enforcement forum, or ask any cops you know, if he's on the mark or full of excrement yet again.

Comment

Ok you know cops who carry I don’t. What exactly is your point ? That yiur buddies are wusses like this guy was?

My buddies cops from Oakland, Vallejo and emeryville(hordes Oakland. Wife is a po from placer county. None of these folks walk around with guns. They all have them. None are g a y enough to go to raleys with a gun around their waist looking like a Texas hill billy.

Where your friends from? Are they from rural areas. That might explain the difference. No one i Know are from rural areas. I know rural folks have more of an affinity with their guns.

Anyway. Placer county probation tells their officers to leave the guns at the department. They aren’t to be used off duty. They can take their issued guns home but it’s discouraged. The are told to use personal guns when off duty for all purposes.

Comment

Ok you know cops who carry I don’t. What exactly is your point ? That yiur buddies are wusses like this guy was?

My buddies cops from Oakland, Vallejo and emeryville(hordes Oakland. Wife is a po from placer county. None of these folks walk around with guns. They all have them. None are g a y enough to go to raleys with a gun around their waist looking like a Texas hill billy.

Where your friends from? Are they from rural areas. That might explain the difference. No one i Know are from rural areas. I know rural folks have more of an affinity with their guns.

Anyway. Placer county probation tells their officers to leave the guns at the department. They aren’t to be used off duty. They can take their issued guns home but it’s discouraged. The are told to use personal guns when off duty for all purposes.
              Your funny, one buddy works corrections in sac county another works as a detective for sac county. One works for Sacramento sheriff as a Sargent.
              One works for Reno as a Sargent. I've been friends with the guys from sac going back to the car show days. Not one is white.
              The one in Reno I've only known from a few years. He drives down to Reno and does live in a rule area.

They all carry guns off duty. Roseville is a joke that's where I use to live and for the record CA was open carry not long ago. You can still get a ccw in roseville and Sacramento. When. I filled out my app my reason was to protect myself and family. Approved.

None are gay enough to go into raleys with a gun on their hip? How do you know what they conceal when they go places like denios or the store?

They work in a field where they deal with bad guys. These bad guys get out of jail and you think they dont hold a grudge? Sounds like you buddies are pretty stupid.

Comment

Congrats your buddies are the 4%.
                More than 96% of respondents said they carry off duty.*
                https://www.policemag.com/501522/exclusive-police-survey-backup-and-off-duty-handguns

Comment

You'd have to be borderline Down's Syndrome not to concealed carry off duty as a police officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    You'd have to be borderline Down's Syndrome not to concealed carry off duty as a police officer.
                    That's why I wasn't buying it.

Comment

That's why I wasn't buying it.
                      That clown has to be trolling. Your buddies must be wussies then doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X