Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Bible correct that Earth is 6000 yrs old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Not knowing is better than thinking you know, with no proof.

The big bang is a theory, it can be wrong, it can be right. It's not definitive. That's what science is all about. You can prove a theory right or wrong and scientists will just give you props and continue with their research based on new findings.

With religion/bible/faith, it's one definitive answer.

I believe in science, and my answer to how the universe was created is that I don't know. But seeing how everything is spreading away from each other, the theory that everything was once really close to each other makes sense. But I still don't know exactly how it all came to be. Like how did all this energy appeared in the first place in that one compact place? How was it created? Will the universe ever collapse onto itself like a giant star does at the end if its life cycle? And that's reasonable to think about all of that. What I think is not reasonable is saying that some dude created all of it and that's it. Just leave it there, those are my beliefs. Some one made the universe. Is it possible? I think so, we create stuff all the time.
    Even if the big bang theory is completely accurate, it's still implausible.

Because it suggests that time and physics began at that point... so what was before the big bang? How did matter just poof, materialize into existence? It's still an in-explainable paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post

Because it suggests that time and physics began at that point... so what was before the big bang? How did matter just poof, materialize into existence? It's still an in-explainable paradox.
      Not a physicist but I think physics are the rules
      Of our universe. I understand and believe their are other universes. The rules work here but maybe different in other universes or dimensions. .

Comment

Genesis is a figurative work, not a literal one. Also the translation of the word "day" doesn't necessarily mean 24 hours, it could mean a "transition" or a "cycle". In the right context, the bible doesn't proclaim in any literal sense when exactly the earth was created in relation to human time.

Human time is a man-made construct(seconds, minutes, hours)

To say that Genesis is figurative and not literal is a misnomer, it is indeed literal.

The day in Genesis is clearly described as

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day
        Genesis 1:5

Now you can argue a day can mean 1000 or a billion years to God at the moment of creation, but nonetheless the day in genesis is described as a 24 hour cycle.

Comment

Why yall be hatin on the bible

Remember if the bible isnt here the world be filled with pagots like yall

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            To say that Genesis is figurative and not literal is a misnomer, it is indeed literal.

"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day

Now you can argue a day can mean 1000 or a billion years to God at the moment of creation, but nonetheless the day in genesis is described as a 24 hour cycle.
            On what grounds would anyone take the bible as a literal book?

Do you see any talking snakes? The talking snake is a metaphor for desire.

Also the "earth" in that passage could have multiple translations. It doesn't necessarily mean planet earth. It could mean the physical tangible world. God creating the heavens and the earth could mean the tangible physical world, and the world that exists outside of physics in the realm of spirit, thought and dreams.

Evening and morning only applies to planets within a solar system. Outside of a solar system there is no day and night.

Light and darkness is a metaphor for duality. Two opposite spectrums creating existence. The duality of light and darkness creating a break from the stillness. Duality and conflict creating a "beginning" within emptiness.. a Genesis.
            Last edited by llll; 05-29-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              Lol its older than that.
              I need oxy..... I want to sleep...... Butler needs me to show him hell on earth...

I need reparations.... where my money....

Comment

Our brains have evolved to insist that there is a 'why' or 'how' for everything.

This is useful for us as beings, trying to survive and procreate within this universe.

It isn't necessarily useful when it comes to working out grand mysteries.

The thing is that the questions of 'why' and 'how' all rely on the existence of time. The answer to the question is always something that happened earlier in time. Which creates a question of how or why that earlier thing happened...

These questions are meaningless when there is no time.

So the question becomes - what is possible when there is no time? Nothing? Something? Proving either will be hard.

Certainly the chain of cause and effect is totally irrelevant. So maybe cause and effect can be the same thing. In other words, a self-causing universe. The arguments against it all fail on the basis of relying on the existence of time.
                The arguments for it fail on the basis that it is impossible to prove. Yet it is a possibility, and it resolves the whole 'who created the creator' paradox.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

You are too cool for schoollll. Kisses....

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
                    Our brains have evolved to insist that there is a 'why' or 'how' for everything.

This is useful for us as beings, trying to survive and procreate within this universe.

It isn't necessarily useful when it comes to working out grand mysteries.

The thing is that the questions of 'why' and 'how' all rely on the existence of time. The answer to the question is always something that happened earlier in time. Which creates a question of how or why that earlier thing happened...

These questions are meaningless when there is no time.

So the question becomes - what is possible when there is no time? Nothing? Something? Proving either will be hard.

Certainly the chain of cause and effect is totally irrelevant. So maybe cause and effect can be the same thing. In other words, a self-causing universe. The arguments against it all fail on the basis of relying on the existence of time.
                    The arguments for it fail on the basis that it is impossible to prove. Yet it is a possibility, and it resolves the whole 'who created the creator' paradox.

Are you jew like me.... rabbi

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
                      So basically humans making up random math equations trying to understand something that is bigger than them.

I think you guys are missing the biggest point. Do you believe Jesus is your lord and savior that’s the only thing you need to understand about the Bible at this point on of your life.

No, just simple addition of the character involved using the time line.

Comment

Working...
                      X