Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Bible correct that Earth is 6000 yrs old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    Adding up men's ages will tell us how long men have been around.

The Bible is not an encyclopedia. It's the story of men, and one man in particular, Jesus.

And people, please don't insult my beliefs and call them fairy tales and magic, when the best alternative you can come up with is "We don't know. Somehow a BANG happened..."
    Real talk I want to apologize to you if I ever dissed you or threw shade @ you for having different boxing opinions (favs 2 B exact).

Much respect to you dude.

Comment

The Bible is not an encyclopedia. It's the story of men, and one man in particular, Jesus.

And people, please don't insult my beliefs and call them fairy tales and magic, when the best alternative you can come up with is "We don't know. Somehow a BANG happened..."
      You're talking about the christian new testament. Not the Original bible.

Objectively reading the bible, I found endless paradoxes and holes in the new testament. In the old testament I found nothing which couldn't be explained or rationalized.

Also There is no concrete evidence that jesus ever existed.

As an objective scholar, I find a lot of meaning in the old testament, but the new testament seems like a scam.

The new testament pretty much contradicts most of the old testament lol. It's a book of contradictions.
      Last edited by llll; 05-28-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
        Real talk I want to apologize to you if I ever dissed you or threw shade @ you for having different boxing opinions (favs 2 B exact).

Much respect to you dude.
        Thanks bro.
        Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 05-28-2019, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by |DARKSEID| View Post

Objectively reading the bible, I found endless paradoxes and holes in the new testament. In the old testament I found nothing which couldn't be explained or rationalized.

As an objective scholar, I find a lot of meaning in the old testament, and the new testament seems like a scam.
          Muhammad himself has a grave & he was born way after JESUS so why wouldnt CHRIST exist? He has a tomb like Mohammed too

Comment

There is no wisdom, nor any discernment, nor any counsel in opposition to The Lord.

Proverbs 21:30

There is no gain in opposition to God, you'll find out what that means, even if you don't know who's showing you.
            Don’t oppose him. Just don’t believe in sh it I can’t see. Never seen god. Nor has anyone else. Thus I don’t believe in god.

The Bible is just a belief system. If you want it in yiur life enjoy. Life is just fine without it. And cheaper since I don’t have to get fleeced, I mean tithed...

Comment

As an objective scholar, I find a lot of meaning in the old testament, but the new testament seems like a scam.

The new testament pretty much contradicts most of the old testament lol. It's a book of contradictions.
              This is the stance that many orthodox Jews take. Let me rephrase. The Bible is the story of men, one in particular, The Messiah.

Comment

Ok I’ll refrain from insulting your beliefs because I respect you. However mathematics proves the Big Bang occurring and when it occurred with precision. Maybe the Bible needs get another update.? It’s already had a few so why not?

Comment

Not knowing is better than thinking you know, with no proof.

The big bang is a theory, it can be wrong, it can be right. It's not definitive. That's what science is all about. You can prove a theory right or wrong and scientists will just give you props and continue with their research based on new findings.

With religion/bible/faith, it's one definitive answer.

I believe in science, and my answer to how the universe was created is that I don't know. But seeing how everything is spreading away from each other, the theory that everything was once really close to each other makes sense. But I still don't know exactly how it all came to be. Like how did all this energy appeared in the first place in that one compact place? How was it created? Will the universe ever collapse onto itself like a giant star does at the end if its life cycle? And that's reasonable to think about all of that. What I think is not reasonable is saying that some dude created all of it and that's it. Just leave it there, those are my beliefs. Some one made the universe. Is it possible? I think so, we create stuff all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                    Haven’t read the Bible. But I understand that it says the universe was made in 7 days. Or so. Care to enlighten a sac religious?
                    The bible also claims that the sun was created on day 4, so clearly those "days" are not 24 hour cycles, and could be interpreted as the different stages of creation and evolution.

I'm not really religious, and judge people on their actions, not their beliefs.

I also distinguish the bible, and the manmade structure of the church and its corrupted staff, who interpret said book in their own ways for their own benefit, and then try to force and impose their interpretations unto others.

That being said, the 6,000 number is made up by idiots who pull it out of their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.365 View Post
                      Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot all agree with you & look what they are known for.

Tell me why the best athletes (Mayweather, Steph Curry, Ronaldo, Brady) are religious & the atheist ones like Arian Foster, Lance Armstrong, Frank Mir, etc went out with a Whimper, are cheaters or got their ass kicked time y time again?
                      Stop you do not want to go there with me

None of the guys yiu mention was as bad as hitler. He was many times work than those.

They all had mental issues in common. Belief in god or disbelief had nothing to do with their actions. Prozac would have prevented each and everyone of those autrocities.

Mayweather religious. In god he trusts. That’s in the bills he covets. On Sunday he is at the strip club not church.

Comment

Working...
                      X