No announcement yet.

The Myth of Inequality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    The problem with these biased studies is that they don't take into account all of the variables. For example:

"The gender pay gap in the United States means that women make just 82 cents for every dollar that men do, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The problem is even worse for women of color. Black women made just 68 cents for every dollar white men did in 2017, BLS data showed, and Latina women made 62 cents on the dollar."

What this statistic does not include is whether or not these women were doing the exact same job as men for the same amount of years. Black women make just 68 cents for every dollar that white men did...but did they compare black female civil servants who are paid the same wages as white men? Or did they compare black female fast food cashiers to white male lawyers where there would be an obvious pay gap? Did they compare a black female first year lawyer to a white male tenured lawyer with a partnership? We can cook these stats to say what we want them to say.
    Yes, I realize the stats are distorted to portray a narrative - I was just playing devil's advocate.

The problem is, most people take these stats at face value without doing any critical thinking. It's dangerous for our social cohesion because the common refrain (to these stats or similar ones) is usually "it's due to systemic racism and white supremacy." When in actuality, there are other reasons why there are disparities between different groups.

Elizabeth Warren commented on the criminal justice system saying “Let’s just start with the hard truth about our criminal justice system. It’s racist … I mean all the way. I mean front to back.”

I wish someone would ask her for specific examples of racism in the criminal justice system.

Comment

Anyone who doesn't believe there is inequality in the world are f#cking retaded.

I also don't know what a 32% bump in poor & middle-class incomes does to disprove inequality. It only proves they are are doing better.

I do agree with the last paragraph about there being inequality everywhere, but there are bigger & smaller inequalities so even inequalities aren't equal & some of them need to be made into less unequal situations when possible.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Let's skip the passive aggressive behavior and take the gloves off.
        I wasnt being passive aggressive. I thought I answered you in a quite straight forward manner.

A lie?
        Yes, the bolded part is a lie. And a political talking point as well.

So white people did not enslave minorities for centuries?
        That's not what you, or I, said.

You blamed Republicans/conservatives, not "white people". Which is what I responded to.

Please address only what I actually say.

No strawmen arguments, please.

And try to leave out the racism too, please.

And Americans of color didn't just as recently as 1964 didn't have to fight for their rights?
        Again, irrelevant and a strawman.

Yeah, if you lived in any century, 1400s, 1600s, 1900s, whatever, you'd always be okay with the program they had minorities in. This is not a liberal thing, it's a you thing, and your people thing.
        My people?!?!

Wtf???

Dude, you went full SJW here, after bashing your brother for spewing D talking points.

You're all over the map here, and cant get out of your own way.

You'd probably feel right at home in a Klan meeting, and you probably smile every time you hear another one of your boys shot up some school, church, mall, or any other public places, don't you?
        First off, **** you.

Don't speak to me in that manner simply for disagreeing with you politically on an Internet forum. Simmer down, it's just the Internet.

Second, I dont think a Jew like myself would be very welcomed in a Klan meeting.

And iirc the last person to shoot people up for political reasons was that Bernie Sanders superfan who shot up that Congressional charity softball game.

And no, I wasnt cheering him, or any other spree shooter on.

Grow up and chill out.

You're a rational adult, are you not?

If so, start acting like it and talk to me in an adult manner. Leave out the nonsense like false assumptions, and claims of racism and violence, etc.

Thx

Comment

And of course, of course, everything I said made sense except the part where I attack your views. Me attacking liberal views makes sense, "but wait a minute, you don't agree with my views, that makes no sense!"
          I explained specifically why I disagreed with it, and it surely wasnt out of team loyalty.

And instead of addressing my rebuttal like an adult, you went and hurled insults and false charges against me.

That spoke volumes.....

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            I wish someone would ask her for specific examples of racism in the criminal justice system.
            The MSM wont, but Trump might.

And I'd wager she wont provide an answer if that question is ever asked of her.

Liberals dont do so well with direct questions (unless the questions are given them in advance )

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Anyone who doesn't believe there is inequality in the world are f#cking ******ed.

I also don't know what a 32% bump in poor & middle-class incomes does to disprove inequality. It only proves they are are doing better.

I do agree with the last paragraph about there being inequality everywhere, but there are bigger & smaller inequalities so even inequalities aren't equal & some of them need to be made into less unequal situations when possible.
              I disagree.

They're more manipulative than anything else. And just covering up the side they have taken.

The issue here is that people take a side and agree with everything that side says, and disagrees with everything the other side says.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Anyone who doesn't believe there is inequality in the world are f#cking retaded.

I don't think anyone is saying there are no inequalities, but it's not as prevalent as some politicians would want us to believe. Today more than ever, there is fairness in hiring, wages, and benefits. There will always be the "good ole boy network" in any industry, and in many jobs it's not just who you know but who you blow--I've seen lots of women get hired and/or promoted using their sex appeal, so the pendulum swings both ways.

Comment

There's inequality but you can't just sit in sorrow and complain about it like a victim. As an individual you have to do something about it yourself, can't just expect handouts and the majority to feel bad for you, some will, most won't. Don't have children while being broke, then you'll just raise broke children. Don't make the same mistakes other minorities around you do. I was raised in poverty by two people who don't speak English and have no high school education. I'm the only one in my immediate family with a college degree. I'm from a culture where you grow up (kinda), have kids young, and work two jobs and call it a day while raising your kids in poverty or slightly above the poverty line.

My brother and I clash so much because he is one of those victim-minded liberals who blames white people and the government. Last argument we had, I asked him, then what about those Nigerians that come over to the states and bust their ass working in nursing jobs and corrections? And what about all those central Asian students that come from 3rd world or developing countries to the US and take the opportunities that are also available to you as an American, and they can't believe how easy it is to make it here as long as you put in the work? He just had a bunch of liberal garbage to say in return. Well, that's why I hate both liberals and democrats and republicans and conservatives. Honestly both groups are lost. The rep/conserv's are also lost because they refuse to acknowledge real issues that were created by "them" a long time ago, and minorities are now starting to recover from them. It takes centuries to recover from that, not decades. Liberals and minorities are lost because they refuse to acknowledge that there are opportunities for them to make it out as long as they stop being dumb and simple minded like their parents.
                  Victim mentality is only a small part of the problem. Most poor people dont have a victim mentality. They just dont know how to get out of their own predicament.

For example, if your parents are not educated most times they wont be able to help you or get you the help you need to become a good student and navigate through your formative years.
                  Last edited by AllBoxingAD; 04-30-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Yes, I realize the stats are distorted to portray a narrative - I was just playing devil's advocate.

The problem is, most people take these stats at face value without doing any critical thinking. It's dangerous for our social cohesion because the common refrain (to these stats or similar ones) is usually "it's due to systemic racism and white supremacy." When in actuality, there are other reasons why there are disparities between different groups.

Elizabeth Warren commented on the criminal justice system saying “Let’s just start with the hard truth about our criminal justice system. It’s racist … I mean all the way. I mean front to back.”

I can you give you a list if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Victim mentality is only a small part of the problem. Most poor people dont have a victim mentality. They just dont know how to get out of their own predicament.
                      That's why we should propose solutions that promote "upward mobility." It's the notion that - no matter what station you are born into in life, there are systems, programs and mechanisms that can help you succeed.

The "Earned Income Credit" is one of the most successful programs to incentivize work.

Comment

Working...
                      X