No announcement yet.

How long should a LAPTOP last you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long should a LAPTOP last you?

I say this because my laptop is starting to break on me, it’s slow AF, and now it’s lost it’s brightness, I can barely make out what’s on the screen and the brightness button isn’t working so it’s screwed me.

How long should a laptop last you?

Also which laptop makes are the best. HP?

I've had the same laptop since 2011, thing is a tank and still works great. Just bought another little laptop so I can use for school cause I got tired of writing everything down.

Comment

I got no clue, but I'm posting so I can subscribe to this thread & see the answers.

For me personally I find they tend to last as long as I can not drop them or they can sustain the daily damage I present to a laptop. I'm waaaaay to loose with my laptops & am dying for someone to make a "mountain bike" version of a computer that can deal with a lil more rough usage then the average laptop.

Maybe there is already one out there & I've just not found it idk, but I need some sorta "Laptop Case" basically I think like a phone case. Oddly enough I'm super careful with my phone doe & never need a case for that doe. Maybe I should just get a pad or something. I like the feel of a standard qwerty keyboard too much maybe is the thing & idk if there is a pad that has that. Plus idk if Pad's got the same memory levels as a standard laptop too.

Comment

I've had mine, an Asus of all laptops, since 2015 and it's been working well, I think 5 years should be the minimum, granted you're not a gamer or running big simulations on them.

Comment

Here's the answer:

1. Apple laptop: can last you up to ten years.
          2. Windows laptop: 5 years, maybe 6 years tops if you haven't gotten it infected with malware.

Invest in a macbook. There's a reason academics use apple products. Those guys don't have time for problems. They're busy learning to teach the next generation.

Comment

I go for the Dell Inspiron but the highest spec in that range and buy 5 year warranty for about £150 more (used it once)....

I expect them to last about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
              Here's the answer:

2. Windows laptop: 5 years, maybe 6 years tops if you haven't gotten it infected with malware.

Invest in a macbook. There's a reason academics use apple products. Those guys don't have time for problems. They're busy learning to teach the next generation.
              Apple machines have good build quality but they're well under-specced for the price.

A modern windows laptop should last must longer than an older one would, providing the spec is right. Make sure it has an SSD.

Software issues (malware etc) is easily fixed, especially in Windows 10. You can reset your pc whilst keeping all your personal files in a couple of clicks.

Comment

dell laptop still works and purchased it 2005
                sony vaio purchased 2007

i got a shtload of homemade pron, exs pics on them and pics of my early 20s

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
                  I say this because my laptop is starting to break on me, it’s slow AF, and now it’s lost it’s brightness, I can barely make out what’s on the screen and the brightness button isn’t working so it’s screwed me.

How long should a laptop last you?

Also which laptop makes are the best. HP?
                  3 years at the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post
                    Here's the answer:

Whats the reasons & dynamics of why Apple laptops can last up to twice as long in your estimation?

I've often considered getting an Apple laptop, but being a frugal shopper + a destroyer of laptops I often weed that out as an option early in the new laptop shopping process.

Comment

Working...
                    X