No announcement yet.

Man faces charges after he allegedly mistreated pet fish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man faces charges after he allegedly mistreated pet fish

I swear the world is getting crazier by the day.

The scales of justice may have been tipped — in favor of a fish.

Charges were filed against a North Carolina man who allegedly abandoned his pet fish after he was evicted from his home last month, officials said.

Michael Ray Hinson, 53, was arrested Wednesday in New Hanover County on charges for cruelty to animals and abandonment of an animal, news station WECT reported.

Police said Hinson was evicted from his home March 22, and when officials went to the residence Wednesday, they discovered scar the fish, an oscar, had been abandoned.

Deputies who seized the fish said it was malnourished and swimming in a filthy tank.

The pet was brought to the Fish Room in Wilmington, where it is receiving treatment for a potentially fatal disease, according to WECT. The disease, known as “hole in head” syndrome, reportedly is caused by poor water quality and lack of food.

“When this fish came in, he was in pretty bad shape. Hole in the head is a parasite that starts in the intestines and works from the inside out, slowly killing the fish,” Ethan Lane of the Fish Room told WECT.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/04/man-fa...ated-pet-fish/

if only he had eaten it would he be a free man now.. what a pathetic case..

Comment

lmfao hope they never get wind of how many turtles my nephew have killed lmfao.

Comment

This reads like a story right out of The Onion it is so far-fetched.

Comment

i have no respect for abuse of animals. this man should hang.

Comment

#justiceforNemo

Comment

Working...
            X